scottishrebel

Update (16/1): Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Solutions/Workarounds!)

Proximity DeSync Investigation Part 2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. IF you have the DeSync issue, as described, Which anti-virus do you use?

• Kaspersky
    • AVG
    • Avast
    • Symantec (Norton)
    • Quick Heal
    • ESET
    • Microsoft Security Essentials (Active as your anti-virus)
    • McAfee
    • Avira
    • BitDefender
    • Bullguard
    • Dr.Web
    • Comodo
    • Other
    • No Anti-Virus Installed
  2. 2. In what category of server do you experience the issue?

• Current Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Current Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
  3. 3. If you recently had this issue but have managed to fix it (including Battleye Servers), Which option below fixed it?

• Disabling All/part of Anti-Virus or making tweaks to it
    • Making tweaks to your Home Network (LAN)
    • Validating DayZ files through Steam
    • Re-install of the game
    • Making changes to your PC (Editing Windows and Its features or ethernet Port adjustments etc)
    • It Magicaly Disappeared (You done Nothing)
    • Other
    • Not Fixed

Well I just played with ZERO issues after putting my PC in the DMZ on my Router.

I hope this sticks cause its sure nice to play with NO issues :D

**EDIT** Played for about 20+ mins with NO issues :D

I don't understand. Can you explain more clearly

"Put my PC in the DMZ on router???"

Again, please I'm begging you - the word "desync" has become worse than useless in this thread. People are confusing desync with bad framerate, with packetloss, with communication failures, basically anything subnormal gameplay. So when you say "no desync" or "having desync" - I have absolutely no idea what you mean. If you find yourself writing "desync", just replace it with an exact description of what you are experiencing.

Replace the word "desync" with whatever word you wish to call it, we call it desync because when the issue occurs our desync (according to the game) is at 10,000. I don't care what you choose to call it, it needs to be fixed.

This isn't Reddit, so the top rated posts are not at the top for easy reading, if you read through the whole thread there should be adequate information to begin assessing the problem.

• Like 1

Replace the word "desync" with whatever word you wish to call it, we call it desync because when the issue occurs our desync (according to the game) is at 10,000. I don't care what you choose to call it, it needs to be fixed.

This isn't Reddit, so the top rated posts are not at the top for easy reading, if you read through the whole thread there should be adequate information to begin assessing the problem.

I read through the whole thread last night.

• There is no unified experience of symptoms or problems.
  • There is a collection of client/server communication interruption problems that are probably a litany of different issues.

Without a clear definition, yelling "fix it now!" will not get anything fixed. Right now, based on what appears to be client/server communication interruption I would say most of the issues experienced here are caused either:

• Bandwidth issues at the client end. DayZ currently utilizes a great deal of bandwidth to send information. This could mean that low-bandwidth connections are getting choked with information. While bandwidth optimization is ongoing, to test this theory we would need a problem computer to be tested on a known-good connection.
  • Network Environment client side. Certainly firewall/router/isp settings and environment could cause at least some of the issues described in this thread. Again, the only way these could be confirmed would be by trying a computer at a known-good connection.

While I can understand you might be upset, I am sure you can understand it is very important for us to be clear about the specific issues. If we are not, and a whole bunch of non-similar issues are grouped together, then we will not be able to separate causes out specifically identify the problems. Without identifying the problems there is absolutely no hope to identify a solution.

• Again, the only way these could be confirmed would be by trying a computer at a known-good connection.

No change, I and all my friends have this issue (had, currently we cant play becouse there are bad fps issues)

and we all have diverent ISP (T-.. Vodafone, Kabel-Deutschland ......)

fps issue:

You can start playing with full fps. On ongoing time the Grafic-RAM filles and if it is full game freezes.

It's very hard to diagnose the exact cause of the problem because it happens so randomly. A month ago when the issue started appearing it was happening constantly for me, but now it only happens occasionally. We have been in the dark with this issue for a month now with no hope for a fix, so we have tried to narrow down the cause of it as best as we can.

I had to treat a patient today who was unconscious at NWAF, and was unable to even put a bloodbag or epinephrine pen in my hand due to the [insert replacement for desync]. It took 20 minutes for my character to be able to use any item and revive him. Although I was able to eventually revive him, I was in an extremely dangerous area for 20 minutes longer than I should have been.

I'm not expecting it to be fixed immediately, at the very least I'm glad you've become aware of it and can start looking into the cause of the problem. As alpha testers, we have tried to compile information to make the QA job easier, but we can only do so much.

Edited by Knar
  • Like 1

Yesterday I turn off firewall of router and play very good with 4-5 server. Today I play and it happens again. I'm really tired of this and I have died because of this problem (Zombie hit me and I can't bandage mysefl) :(

Rocket did you check to see what ports are needed to be opened?

You were going to check once you were at the office.

Thanks

Different servers use different ports, I think, so there isn't one port that will fix the problem if you open it. Pretty sure there's a thread around where someone posted the most common ports used by servers, use the search engine and you're bound to find it.

Alright guys i found something, i have no antivirus installed and i was regularly getting desync in close proximity with other players. Yesterday i disabled the win firewall and gave it a go, no more red/orange chains, sure i got a bit of desync close to another player but the chains stop appearing for good. I hope this helps somehow and hopefully it will get fixed. Btw anyone know what is the desync value for the chain to appear on screen, above 100?!

Alright guys i found something, i have no antivirus installed and i was regularly getting desync in close proximity with other players. Yesterday i disabled the win firewall and gave it a go, no more red/orange chains, sure i got a bit of desync close to another player but the chains stop appearing for good. I hope this helps somehow and hopefully it will get fixed. Btw anyone know what is the desync value for the chain to appear on screen, above 100?!

Thanks but we alreade turn off window firewall and still have this problem

I've now tried turning off win firewall, and made an exception rule in Avast! for DayZ, needs testing though, will see how it goes and let you know.

I have similar problem, I think the problem caused by Dayz bandwidth spike (like it's trying to download/syncronize some data) when I met another friendly player who brought 4-5 box (ammo/small protector/Medikit). because of this I got desync the ping time raised to 100K and my character Freezes instantly. I've tried to wait for everything to settle down but there is no improvement (dayz bandwidth usage remain high), but the problem disappear shortly after I told the other friendly player to dispose all boxes that he brought. and everything became normal. 

to open network activity (win7) : task manager -> performance tab -> resource monitor -> network tab.

Again, please I'm begging you - the word "desync" has become worse than useless in this thread. People are confusing desync with bad framerate, with packetloss, with communication failures, basically anything subnormal gameplay. So when you say "no desync" or "having desync" - I have absolutely no idea what you mean. If you find yourself writing "desync", just replace it with an exact description of what you are experiencing.

I'm afraid there is nothing more I can help with, without being able to reproduce it. The only way I've been able to reproduce a similar issue here was by fiddling around with my router firewall. I can't think of anything that could help or explain the situation other than connection issues between client and server. If it were intermittent and happening to everyone occasionally - I would expect that it was a bug with the game. But because it happens to specific people on a regular basis the most obvious cause (but not definite) would be connection between client & server.

What would be very helpful would be for someone who experiences this client connection failure (not desync/fps lag!!!) to take their computer to a friends house who has a known good connection and no problems. This will help us eliminate a software cause on the computer.

Rocket,

I get it man. People speak without knowledge and muddy the waters. What I will try to do in this post is provide my symptoms, as well as the steps I've taken to attempt to resolve the issue.

I have been playing since late December with little to no issues. I have a decent PC, I am an experienced user and my Internet connection has been stable for the last two years. 

When I first started playing DayZ with a group, one of our members was having this problem. He would connect, play for awhile, and notice he couldnt see anyone or interact with the game world.

He noticed when he was in proximity of any other player he would see desync maxed out (100000). He eventually stopped playing.

Fast forward to the FPS issue that has been hotfixed. Around the same time the FPS drop showed up, I've had the same problem, but it has NOT been coincidental with the FPS problem.

Oftentimes I will go for ten minutes straight unable to pick up or drop items, or open doors. If I am in a group, they can see me, but I cannot see them or they run in place. These issues exist regardless of what equipment I'm carrying.

I've run speed tests, and even run google's mlab tool to check for bandwidth issues. Disabled firewall and run in DMZ for a short time. Issue still reproduces itself.

At the end of this month I'll be moving to a different ISP, because I do believe Time Warner here in the States is absolutely guilty of BW throttling. My tentative conclusion is that possibly,due to DayZ's high level of bandwidth required, it drew the ire of my ISP who then decided to throttle it. 

That is the only thing as a user I can possibly effect at my knowledge level. 

Good luck, and don't let have an aneurysm from this thread. 

Edited by theroad64
  • Like 1

To repeat and describe instead of calling it by a maybe wrong name:

-Happening most offten when meeting other players but also while being completly alone (expected to be alone).

-Can't interact with any kind of items at all.

-Can't use any animations (gestures, stepping over a fence).

-Don't see other people move or interact, they stand still.

-Other people can see everything i do without delay.

-Offten this circumstances will get "locked" and never resolve themself, even connecting to a different server(on which it works for a moment) and coming back to the first does not "unlock" it.

The server will just become not usable for me then.

I would have a question tho:

I am aware of the fact that the ammount of players who experience this is very low and as it isnt exactly reproducable by you, it looks like it is not inside the engine.

BUT If it is caused by an external blocker like the router or isp/connection, then why is still DayZ the only game being effected by this external blocker? And no single other of my 20+ online games? With other words, and like i assumed before, if it is something on the users end causing this, then this unknown cause is only able to effect Dayz because Dayz is vulnerable/effectable by it, while no other game of mine is. 

This is just what appears to be a logic conclusion for me as none-programmer, and so might be very wrong... im just wondering why only DayZ is effected in case it is external and would like to know more...

Edited by SprStnd

@Knar why you have so many medikit?? Imo those items that have slots inside like ammobox/medikit/small protector. Are giving the problems throw it away then try in a different server lets see how it goes. Idk why u carry so many of it. Lol

LAst night was the 1st time I logged in after the patch. FPS drop issue fixed. I logged in in Zellenegorsk and was a alone. Broken Yellow chain to start but it clear up within 20 seconds. I looted all of Zellengorsk and the military base south of town without running into anyone and it was a good connection zero issues(that I noticed). I ran to balota and meet up with a friend. I have a little bit of lag when we met up but I didn't see the usual disconnect freeze I usually see. We ran all the way to Electro with out seeing anyone and it ran smooth all the way. I stopped on the hills north of Electro about 400 or 500 yards out of town. and watched people running around in the city. Another one of my firends logged and an ran up to us.  When he got to about 200 or 300 yards  everything stopped updating. I could see him running in place in the field(I had been watching him the whole time running up to me). We are talking in TS so he is telling me where he is. He passes the landmarks I point out to him to find me but I cant see him. Finally I tell him to go into the barn that is near us. I get about 100 feet from the barn he is in and I get a broken red chain and things start moving again. I see him in the barn and we trade some stuff(he had just died so I gave him some stuff). Now everything is fine again. I have to log out and do.

Now I just want to point out I was sitting on that hill for like 20 - 25 minutes watching people in town, about 5 different people. I did not have any problems or any chains that entire time. Hope it helps. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Forgot to add I was disconnected from the hive for about 2 minutes.

Edited by zainredding

@Knar why you have so many medikit?? Imo those items that have slots inside like ammobox/medikit/small protector. Are giving the problems throw it away then try in a different server lets see how it goes. Idk why u carry so many of it. Lol

What does it matter what he is carrying? That's like saying the game is fine as long as you don't loot.

• Like 1

Just happened again. My friend is unconcious as I type this, we got into a firefight on a dirt road in the middle of no where and this issue suddenly appeared.

PC put into DMZ etc, and all all other solutions listed so far that that I could do from this thread, no luck.

Changing server then back into the same one fixed it though.

Edit:

It's because he's a medic in TMW.

Edited by XUL92

Guys, Dean just gets out of this thread. We have to face to it oursefl. I opened port for Dayz and yesterday It's very very very good to play with all server. Then I log out when im in balota, today I log in and it happens again. Then I died because of this issue. Then I fresh spawn in coast and very strange, it becomes very good to play again. So i think balota is one of reason that cause this issue

Everytime I log out when im in balota then log in I got this issue (Before log in again I play very good.

I was suffering this issue until i disabled my firewall and it worked fine for few hours.
But now it randomly appears, i was able to play fine on a 100 player server with 70-80 people in elektro. 
Then i switched back to stable and played with few of my friends and then logged off and now i was playing on a server and as soon as my friend joined my character freezed, he could not do anything and my friend was no way near me.
Its so annoying!
Please fix it!

I was suffering this issue until i disabled my firewall and it worked fine for few hours.

But now it randomly appears, i was able to play fine on a 100 player server with 70-80 people in elektro. 

Then i switched back to stable and played with few of my friends and then logged off and now i was playing on a server and as soon as my friend joined my character freezed, he could not do anything and my friend was no way near me.

Its so annoying!

Please fix it!

Where are you when you log out

Desync issues are completely out of hand. I'm completely unable to play with my friend, as he gets massive desync spikes (from 2000 to 100000) and is unable to see me on his screen eventually. Problem does not fix itself.

We used to have these issues before too, but it would usually resolve by itself after giving it some time. Not any more.

Yes, I have ammo boxes, but we've had this issue before without boxes.

We're both in Scandinavia with top of the line fiber internet, so I can't imagine it's a bandwidth issue.

Edited by wartzilla

uh there is a topic for this eh 

so in my time playing the SA i am getting this horrible lags/desync/idk things when i log into a server. ping/bandwith/desync stays 0 or freezes at the current numbers, not always but occasionally. basically i am unable to interact with / move anything in my inventory, general interaction or pull weapons. i am not sure if i can run around or just sit in a corner and it just seems to me as running around. if i drag an item to my backpack, it doesnt appear in it, but after i relog it is in my inventory.

i tried to check out why this happens to me and after focusing on items that could cause this problem it turned out that i only have these kind of lags when i am carrying a container like a protective box, ammo box or a medipack. i get this problem on different servers on the hardcore hive and it forces me to drop my boxes or look for a server where i connect for some reasons. i dont get these problems when i pick up boxes in a game. also the bug disappears after i drop my boxes

E

i am online, carrying ammobox and protective case, and i get no problems on GB 1-11 hosted by multiplaygameservers.com  212.38.163.95:2302

but i am affected by it on                                                                                    DE 1-19 same host                                            180.138.32.133:2802

Edited by oxymoron