scottishrebel

Update (16/1): Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Solutions/Workarounds!)

Proximity DeSync Investigation Part 2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. IF you have the DeSync issue, as described, Which anti-virus do you use?

• Kaspersky
    • AVG
    • Avast
    • Symantec (Norton)
    • Quick Heal
    • ESET
    • Microsoft Security Essentials (Active as your anti-virus)
    • McAfee
    • Avira
    • BitDefender
    • Bullguard
    • Dr.Web
    • Comodo
    • Other
    • No Anti-Virus Installed
  2. 2. In what category of server do you experience the issue?

• Current Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Current Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
  3. 3. If you recently had this issue but have managed to fix it (including Battleye Servers), Which option below fixed it?

• Disabling All/part of Anti-Virus or making tweaks to it
    • Making tweaks to your Home Network (LAN)
    • Validating DayZ files through Steam
    • Re-install of the game
    • Making changes to your PC (Editing Windows and Its features or ethernet Port adjustments etc)
    • It Magicaly Disappeared (You done Nothing)
    • Other
    • Not Fixed

Hey!

Just had the same problem with one of my friends. I deleted (deinstall) AVG and now everything works finde for me.

Greetings!

You appear to have solved my issue!!!!!

I dumped my ammo box in a quiet server taking the bullets, then joined the server my friend was on and we are now successsfully playing togther for over 45mins now. Still want to give it longer and do more tests regarding if its just ammo boxes, or med kits and protectors aswell.

Thank You for your input!

I have reported the "yellow case" bug as well. You are currently able to place yellow cases inside of each other endlessly. This does eventually cause problems. I know that the back pack issue, if taken far enough, can crash a server completely and definitely cause desync issues with individual players.

I have yet to encounter problems when using "containers" as intended. By this I mean, if I fill my back pack with full containers, I don't have problems. Though, the more individual items in the container cause it to take a while to appear after I place it in my "vicinity" I'm assuming this is due to the server scanning each individual piece of ammo or something.

I experienced this same behaviour of the game. I don't have any major desinc playing on not BE servers. Sometimes a red chain appears  for 5 seconds max but nothing game breaking and i can still equip weapons or items in my hands. When this event occurs also my friends which are in-game with me have the red chain on as well. On BE servers on the other hand i get a 100k desinc after 3 seconds i join the area where my friends are or viceversa. I have not tested the behaviour of the game on experimental servers still. I'm running a Symantec product on this machine.

EDIT: I played last night for several hours. Going to do some tests today as well as i have some time.

I'm still having issues, i'm playing with 4-5 friends fully geared. Playing on BE servers. Today Not BE servers are gone, experimental ones are available but they cause char wipe.

Edited by Mr Hyde

I just changed something on BE's side.

Could you guys confirm that the issue is still there?

been having these desync issues the last few days, turning off avg helped cure it for 30-45 mins. logged in today to a server i tried to and couldnt play on and have been playing on it today for around 3 hours with no issues

EDIT: just been playing again and after about an hour have the yellow desync chain again

Edited by Venatrix

I've been experiencing proximity desync since the 8th too.  I just got done playing for about an hour this morning and I have had no desync whatsoever. 

My friends issue has been fixed by sticking to UK Multiplay servers which we started doing yesterday. Joined a non uk multiplay server today with a high ping so we could play with a freind from new zeland who also had a high ping and the game ran prefect for 3 hours the server maxed out with players during this time also. Will try a non multiplay server where we have had issues before and let you know.

Okay so to sum it up I bought the game the first week it was out and had been playing it daily up until battleeye client was put on the servers and since then not only does it take ages to connect and go through the whole wait for host(usually 5-10 minutes) but then once im in the gme nothing actually works i cant use anything and I cant move without lagging like mad and desyncing like crazy.  If i try to hit tab it freezes for 20 secs or so then brings up my inventory but i cant do anything with it.  I've tried dropping graphics all the way down and turning off my firewall but none of that seems to work. any suggestions?

There is a big thread in troubleshooting section about desync, with a poll.

I advise you to read it but at the moment there is no solution for this issue (and I feel your pain, I can't play because of desync)

My squad and I will be on tonight and we'll test then and confirm back later.

I've been having desync problems for days being unable to play, today I've had no issue at all, so for me it's back to being as it should be.

Kind regards , Damy.

The desync stuff is better than it was, but it still renders the game mostly unplayable. This is most true of high-population servers, but it still occurs on the vast majority of servers. Nice to see you've finally acknowledged BattleEye plays a role, though.

Some servers just rape my brain by teleporting me a many kms back and freeze me in cryogen. Today it was heppening while i was run from Solnechnoe to Chernogorsk. Ialmost at Electro and i am tpd back to solnecnoe. And WHY THE DUCK I SPAWN ONLY AT DUCKLING Solnecnoe. EVERY DUCKING TIME since 2014. Also I FIXED teleports by avoding some bugged area and especially "road for trains".

Could anyone who's experiencing the issue state if they have razor game booster? or if that could potentially be an issue? maybe it's blocking something in the background needed? i haven't tried without it being on.. Will do tomorrow evening, just purchased the game, saddened to see i'm one of the unfortunate ones, have answered the poll and look forward to a fix being sorted.. As on the non BE servers the game runs perfectly.

My issues seem to be  better, I don't desync at the sight of a player anymore. 

More testing is required.

Don't know what happened but now seems to be fixed.

Some servers just rape my brain by teleporting me a many kms back and freeze me in cryogen. Today it was heppening while i was run from Solnechnoe to Chernogorsk. Ialmost at Electro and i am tpd back to solnecnoe. And WHY THE DUCK I SPAWN ONLY AT DUCKLING Solnecnoe. EVERY DUCKING TIME since 2014. Also I FIXED teleports by avoding some bugged area and especially "road for trains".

You have a seperate rubber banding issue not related to the discussion here. However, i can tell you that the developers are aware of your issue and will be fixed in a future patch.

Today my freind has not had an issue all day on various servers (30-40/40 players) and by different hosts. If this keeps up along with the positive feedback being recieved here we are close to calling this issue fixed :o. All though i think theres still some work to be done dayz dev side regarding the use of ammo boxes etc.

Edited by scottishrebel

My had problems at first i tried to play today, but after i removed two medkits from my backpack the issue was completely gone. Maybe there is something with the theory that the kits are buged..:)

Either way, I'm glad i can play again. I hope it also will be better for the rest of you having problems:)

This issue should be priority #1 as it makes the game unplayable for a lot of people. I haven't logged in for 2 days because I don't want to lose my 3 week old character to an invisible player.

I run with 7 medical bags and 2 yellow boxes (no nested containers) but I need to carry these as a medic. Dropping my bags and losing 18 slots is not an option for me :/

Edited by Knar

Ran with a small group of 3 people for most of the evening and had no issues at all.

Things are looking promising... more testing is still needed.

Unsure if the last patch affects me more, but desync over the last week or so has become noticeably worse. I play on fps only with BE enabled servers. Tried what a few people suggested here with no luck.

I blame my end, as I have to tether off my phone for internet (I know its bad haha - speeds of up to 400kb mostly!) Literally upgraded my internet yesterday, as I have bad reception here. Telstra was a natural choice....Low and behold been dayz'ing all morning and I have not encountered one sign of a red/yellow chain, ping is under 50 and no RB/desync whatsoever. No more dropouts on reception either.

Probably not going to help anyone, just thought it was interesting with everyone's speculation on this matter

I take back what I said earlier. The desync bug is still absurdly prevalent, and given that there aren't many zombies, PvE on empty servers isn't much of an option.

I've had this issue ever since battleye got implemented, but I also i have high ping spikes to ( from 18-39 ping to 200-800 ping ) so that could be the problem. Also whenever I play with a buddy its 10x worse, I see his character running in place, difficult to interact with inventory, etc.