scottishrebel

Update (16/1): Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Solutions/Workarounds!)

Proximity DeSync Investigation Part 2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. IF you have the DeSync issue, as described, Which anti-virus do you use?

• Kaspersky
    • AVG
    • Avast
    • Symantec (Norton)
    • Quick Heal
    • ESET
    • Microsoft Security Essentials (Active as your anti-virus)
    • McAfee
    • Avira
    • BitDefender
    • Bullguard
    • Dr.Web
    • Comodo
    • Other
    • No Anti-Virus Installed
  2. 2. In what category of server do you experience the issue?

• Current Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Current Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
  3. 3. If you recently had this issue but have managed to fix it (including Battleye Servers), Which option below fixed it?

• Disabling All/part of Anti-Virus or making tweaks to it
    • Making tweaks to your Home Network (LAN)
    • Validating DayZ files through Steam
    • Re-install of the game
    • Making changes to your PC (Editing Windows and Its features or ethernet Port adjustments etc)
    • It Magicaly Disappeared (You done Nothing)
    • Other
    • Not Fixed

Could i remind everyone that you spawn in with 100k desync which clears shortly afterwards and also throughout your time on the server yourself and other people will experience what i call "natural" desync which:

• Should last no more than a couple of minutes,
  • Should not happen frequenetly (like every 10min or constant) and
  • Your ping should not spike up from what is normal for you. E.g you get around 20-40 ping on server but you desync for about 15-60 seconds at random but very infrequent and your ping stays at 20-40 during this time.

The issue being discussed in this topic is someone who gets a constant 1-100K desync with a spiked ping (Generally 200+) and is unable to see other players movements or intereact with the world.

There is plenty of feedback of Anti-Virus removal being a fix so should never be ruled out until tried. People are being affected by different causes no matter how similar your systems are and in many cases it appears that pople have a combination of causes that all need to be resolved before the issue subsides. I still believe we have not found some other causes which are affecting a smaller number of people.

Battleye fixes implemented yesterday seem to have fixed the issue for many but by no way means its fixed for all for the combination of issues as ive already mentioned.

My desinc, as well as others, does not fade away after 2 minutes. Actually it does not at all in a reasonable time frame. I keep waiting for more than 10 minutes, at that point i just drop the ball and move to the next server hoping for the best. My ping is stable and it's in the range you mentioned 20-40 depending on the server. Bandwidth values in game show something like 300 600 700 in some scenario, when desinc occurs. It also seems (in my experience) that joining at the same time a server with players in the same area has a higher chance to trigger this restless desinc. It can also happen randomly while playing. Playing with 4+ people it's very hard for me. Seems stable with 1-2 max nearby. My tests are 3-4 hours long and i'm playing everyday. Today the situation was better though. Among the possible causes mentioned in the thread i still strongly

support People proximity and BE('till i see a major fix).

About Battleye changes, most of the people calling the issue fixed do not even care to say for how long they tested that "fix". You know i could play for half a hour without having any issue. Would you call it a fix? (knowing the randomness of this issue). And still many people are reporting to have this problem in other threads as well.

Some people without any antivirus are experiencing this thing as well. i've yet to see a game being in conflict with a antivirus in such a way. Usually tweaking some settings solve any problem.

By no means, uninstall a well known antivirus can be considered a fix from me . It's more of a work around and still the issue remains.

Did you test yesterday (after my first post about the changes) as well?

Things are at least as bad today as they were yesterday, and perhaps worse. Populated servers, even those with <100 ping, lead to me desyncing almost instantly. On less populated servers (<4), the desync takes a few more minutes to set in.

E: Is it plausible that this could be resolved by rolling back to a working version of BE?

Edited by Shanks13

My desinc, as well as others, does not fade away after 2 minutes. Actually it does not at all in a reasonable time frame. I keep waiting for more than 10 minutes, at that point i just drop the ball and move to the next server hoping for the best. My ping is stable and it's in the range you mentioned 20-40 depending on the server. Bandwidth values in game show something like 300 600 700 in some scenario, when desinc occurs. It also seems (in my experience) that joining at the same time a server with players in the same area has a higher chance to trigger this restless desinc. It can also happen randomly while playing. Playing with 4+ people it's very hard for me. Seems stable with 1-2 max nearby. My tests are 3-4 hours long and i'm playing everyday. Today the situation was better though. Among the possible causes mentioned in the thread i still strongly

support People proximity and BE('till i see a major fix).

About Battleye changes, most of the people calling the issue fixed do not even care to say for how long they tested that "fix". You know i could play for half a hour without having any issue. Would you call it a fix? (knowing the randomness of this issue). And still many people are reporting to have this problem in other threads as well.

Some people without any antivirus are experiencing this thing as well. i've yet to see a game being in conflict with a antivirus in such a way. Usually tweaking some settings solve any problem.

By no means, uninstall a well known antivirus can be considered a fix from me . It's more of a work around and still the issue remains.

Maybe fix is the wrong word to use. You are right, alot of the solutions such as the Anti-virus and Dropping buggy items are work arounds. Changes made to BE are defo in the right direction of a fix but i don't think we will see a fix until both Dayz and Battleye release patches that target this issue and its causes

It would be a safe assumption that if someone says the issue is fixed for them and they don't return to update us then the issue is really fixed for them. Many people only come here when an issue arises but once fixed for their situation they don't come back and probably just play the game until they need help/info again.

Your particular issue seems different from the rest. The ping should be spiking, Bandwidth should be falling to very low numbers and your desync rise to 100k.Your ping being low and the same throughout and the high bandwidths suggests you don't have any network issue or anti-virus related issue but something else very much game specfic.

I played for about 8 hours today, and I have switched servers several times and have had no issues with desync, whether alone or in a group of 5. HUGE improvement for myself from yesterday, though I have yet to touch another ammo box or medkit or such just in case.... I know that supposed to not be the issue but after taking them off I was totally fine, so who knows? Anyways, It's better for me and I am very glad. 

After playing some more, I obtained a few more observations. The primary thing is that I was able to play on a few relatively low-population servers (~10 people). On two occasions, I interacted with another player without desyncing. However, on some servers, the desync sets in with in a minute, even when it doesn't seem as though other players are around.

E: Managed a few medium-population servers without trouble. Some servers are still pretty horrible though, regardless of population. I'd say things are certainly better than they were, but there are still some glaring issues.

Edited by Shanks13

today some of my community members hat bad desync issue, same as yesterday.

I had no problemes, but i dont think that it is much better after the be changes.

This afternoon . I'm trying to drop my first aid kit on DESYNC time and It's nothing

then I logged out and came to that server again.

This was happen

I saw my first aid kit

but

I saw my characters standing as same as I logged out

yeah . Desync agian  :(

// sorry for my bad english. it's my first post in forum  :blush:

2014-01-16_00001.jpg

Edited by Nouns

Character Duplication is an known bug

Edited by DarkSoe
  • Like 1

Played again yesterday with two buddies. Still working "fine" since BE made changes. Occasionally one of my buddies would freeze while running long distances, and then a few seconds later snap back to the proper location...but all and all things worked well and the desync issue was gone. Tried several servers from 3 to 30 players. Went into the woods and I to the cities. Very happy to be playing dayz again. Hope it continues to get better for all.

After applying these 'fixes' I still encountered some trouble with desync. That's when I decided, for the first time since getting the antivirus, to enable 'Gamer Mode' on ESET. Within moment, all descync was gone. I won't deny that I had a long-anticipated sigh of relief at that.

After around an hour or two of gameplay, the desync returned; it wasn't as severe, but was noticeable at moment. Granted, it only lasted for a few moment.

Nothing changed for me... I'd say it's even harder to find working server now, than it was couple days ago. I'm down to 2 servers that I can play on rather reliably, and can't play even on empty or near-empty ones.

Just started happening to me a couple hours ago. Continues on all servers. Turning off my anti-virus didn't fix anything.

Edited by Rambarian

Desync problem again!!!... Please, do NOT change anything. When BE parts disabled, everything is fine yesterday. Please allow us to testing game...

Character Duplication is an known bug

Thank you :)

but I can kill and loot my Character Duplication if I synced to server

Is it was a bug?

How many people are still having this issue?

me.  :(

It's always happen when I regroup with my friend 

I tryin to make a far distant from my friend ... IT SYNC (yay :D  !!)

but when i come closer to my friend ... DESYNC agian (and agian :( )

Desync is still there when people are nearby(i'd say less than 200meters, not sure about the exact value)

Edited by Mr Hyde

Played all day yesterday, only encountered a bit of desync which lasted for about ten minutes, I left the server and left the game alone for a few hours and did something productive with myself before trying again, and I had no more problems for the rest of the night.

No change at all since last week saturday... unplayable since nearly 12 days now!

Tested everything advised and could not fix the problem at all. I can connect to a server and in most cases the desynch will never vanish and just stay at max, as long i can see numbers and dont only see 0 0 0 all over the place.

When i commit suicide to get a fresh character it will make me able to connect and play fine, until i have a full hunters-backpack, once i have enough items to fill a hunters-backpack im not able to connect correctly or play anymore (no boxes/medikits in use). 

Exception from this is when i meet other players, one player is enough to kill my connection completly in most cases.

Desynch will explode and never go down again, even if the other player leaves me alone.

Please Note, the problem was not fixed by any of the following actions:

-changing: hardware, isp, antivirus/firewall software or servers

(BE ON only, as there are no none-BE servers available for me in the last week).

-running the game as administrator or in windowsXP and other compatibility modes.

Also my ISP is just fine, 16k, no package lose and a ping of 50, handling everything fine but DayZ Sa.

The only Servers on which i could play during all this mess where servers without battleye and experimental servers without battleye.

The lack of informations on this problem is outrageous!

Instead of reading about new features and items being added in the next patch, i would rather get some information about what is causing this desynch problem, and what will be done or might be happening to fix this.

Please excuse my bad english and Thank You for this Thread, sadly i can not realy contribute any new knowledge. ;)

Edited by SprStnd
  • Like 1

It is indeed concerning that this issue still exists and has not been acknowledged by the developers, and worse, the patch notes don't mention a fix for this.

A temporary fix to my problem was to only join First Person Only servers. After that, I was able to play.

Though, my primary playing style is Third Person so I'm not quite overjoyed about it. unfortunately, nothing in any patch notes suggest a fix to this.