scottishrebel

Update (16/1): Player Proximity DeSync Issue (Solutions/Workarounds!)

Proximity DeSync Investigation Part 2  

215 members have voted

1. 1. IF you have the DeSync issue, as described, Which anti-virus do you use?

• Kaspersky
    • AVG
    • Avast
    • Symantec (Norton)
    • Quick Heal
    • ESET
    • Microsoft Security Essentials (Active as your anti-virus)
    • McAfee
    • Avira
    • BitDefender
    • Bullguard
    • Dr.Web
    • Comodo
    • Other
    • No Anti-Virus Installed
  2. 2. In what category of server do you experience the issue?

• Current Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Current Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Enabled)
    • Experimental Build Server (Battleye Disabled)
  3. 3. If you recently had this issue but have managed to fix it (including Battleye Servers), Which option below fixed it?

• Disabling All/part of Anti-Virus or making tweaks to it
    • Making tweaks to your Home Network (LAN)
    • Validating DayZ files through Steam
    • Re-install of the game
    • Making changes to your PC (Editing Windows and Its features or ethernet Port adjustments etc)
    • It Magicaly Disappeared (You done Nothing)
    • Other
    • Not Fixed

Pretty much what I did. Ditched my gear, logged out,  logged back in. I was wearing my gear and it was on the floor. AWESOME! SO I tried again. Ditched my gear, ran away from it. Ran around for a couple minutes then logged out. Logged back in grabbed random gear from the town and logged out again. Still had the same horrible horrid rancid desync issues. Logged back in ran around and looted still the same issues. Ran back to my gear loaded up and gave up. Cool bug though I had dupes of every itemon my body at one point including the gear in the bags and clothes.

I would also Like to add I can play almost flawlessly on the hardcore hive with this problem only happening every once in a while.

Edited by zainredding

Yeah something strange is going on behind the scenes. Hopefully the battle eye or game devs can get it fixed sometime soon.

ya its only been a month, maybe another month or two we'll look into it.

Except that they already have been?

Yeah something strange is going on behind the scenes. Hopefully the battle eye or game devs can get it fixed sometime soon.

At this point (after the BE Client update a few days ago) it's definitely not related to BE in any way. Everything that could be optimized on BE's side (relating to the desync issue) has been optimized.

The core problem is the game's high bandwidth usage when being close to other players.

IMO we need to let them know that we are having this problems idk if they know that we have it or not.. cuz nobody talks or tell anything about it =/ 

Verified Steam files, disabled firewall, I have no antivirus... problem persists. This is a huge issue, how come it isn't getting more attention from the devs? I can't play with more than three people in a 200m radius. 

This thread is a mess, it seems mainly like it is anti-battleye. I tried to identify what the actual problem was in the first post, and the best I can find is that you experience desync when you are near another player. Some important points:

• Desync in DayZ is entirely different to Desync in ArmA. The Desync icons indicate the client has a different state from the server or the server is/was ignoring some requests from the client. At certain times is DayZ, the desync icons are entirely normal. For example, when you connect to the game and spawn in, you will receive desync icon. This is because the client has a very different state from the server and the server is concentrating on sending updates to the client of everything in it's bubble.
  • Battleye has nothing to do with any of this.
  • I have been unable to reproduce any situation where Desync has been more than brief, with no serious impact on gameplay, on any machine. Our QA has over thirty machines, and this has not been reproducible at all.
  • People regularly use the term desync to refer to network communication sync as well as framerate issues. They are not the same. There is a known, serious, devastating FPS issue that we are working on that has absolutely nothing at all to do with BE nor netcode, nor desync.

People are conditioned to see those icons that show up as bad things because in ArmA they were. In DayZ, your game is constantly out of sync with the server due to the very nature of the network bubble. The icon system has not been reconfigured to reflect this.

• Like 3

I will just quote a BIS Dev here who looks after the security side of things.

"BE uses so small packets that it even can't lag game by default ...

unless you use some weird AV security which may hate BE by default."

Now most half decent AV programs will have an exceptions dialog box, so it might be interesting to check that.

I use Avast (as does the person quoted) and I have not had any desync problems that seem to be so common amongst certain players.

If there is a desync problem while I'm playing it soon becomes obvious that it is a Client/Server/Hive problem.

I strongly doubt that BE is the problem.

Player proximity is another question but I have not encountered this myself.

I quote myself to confirm and update.

I have been playing recently with 3 of my mates, all running together, looting & shooting, not one of us has experienced this "player proximity dysync problem".

This on a near full server with a low ping (40/60).

I don't think BE is the problem of desync. I have high desync very random. Sometime I play with little desync (But still can play), sometime I get 100k desync immediately after joining a server and the desync doesn't reduce. (Same server)

There is a lot of players have this issue and I think this is real problem here.

This thread is a mess, it seems mainly like it is anti-battleye. I tried to identify what the actual problem was in the first post, and the best I can find is that you experience desync when you are near another player. Some important points:

• Desync in DayZ is entirely different to Desync in ArmA. The Desync icons indicate the client has a different state from the server or the server is/was ignoring some requests from the client. At certain times is DayZ, the desync icons are entirely normal. For example, when you connect to the game and spawn in, you will receive desync icon. This is because the client has a very different state from the server and the server is concentrating on sending updates to the client of everything in it's bubble.
  • I have been unable to reproduce any situation where Desync has been more than brief, with no serious impact on gameplay, on any machine. Our QA has over thirty machines, and this has not been reproducible at all.
  • People regularly use the term desync to refer to network communication sync as well as framerate issues. They are not the same. There is a known, serious, devastating FPS issue that we are working on that has absolutely nothing at all to do with BE nor netcode, nor desync.

People are conditioned to see those icons that show up as bad things because in ArmA they were. In DayZ, your game is constantly out of sync with the server due to the very nature of the network bubble. The icon system has not been reconfigured to reflect this.

I don't think BE is the problem of desync. I have high desync very random. Sometime I play with little desync (But still can play), sometime I get 100k desync immediately after joining a server and the desync doesn't reduce. (Same server)

There is a lot of players have this issue and I think this is real problem here.

This is exactly the point I raised.

The desync icon does not mean there is necessarily a problem. Desync on join is entirely normal, it signifies the server has told the client that it has updates the client does not have. These updates are then streamed to the player. Even if you were on LAN, this would occur.

The desync icon does not mean there is necessarily a problem. Desync on join is entirely normal, it signifies the server has told the client that it has updates the client does not have. These updates are then streamed to the player. Even if you were on LAN, this would occur.

Ok the point is desync doesn't reduce and I can't play with 100.000 desync. Sometimes my desync reduces after join server, but sometimes not. It's really annoy.

Dean, we talking about issue, when you have no desync icons (no yellow/red chain) at all. the only way to realise that you desyncing is open your inventory and dont be able to interact with any of your items. players are freezes, cant open doors and ect. in player list your desync is 0. in your friends player list your desync is 100k. i think its similar to new fps issue and links up with some corrupted items, because if you run from your friends netbubble desync comes back to 0. sorry for my english.

• Like 1

Dean, we talking about issue, when you have no desync icons (no yellow/red chain) at all. the only way to realise that you desyncing is open your inventory and dont be able to interact with any of your items. players are freezes, cant open doors and ect. in player list your desync is 0. in your friends player list your desync is 100k. i think its similar to new fps issue and links up with some corrupted items, because if you run from your friends netbubble desync comes back to 0. sorry for my english.

Exactly same here but even when i'm alone, desync doesn't reduce (I don't have desync icon too)

• Like 1

It's unfortunate you're completely disregarding this thread, but like it or not this issue plagues many players. This issue has nothing to do with any visible icon, and we never said it did. This is an issue with consistent desync, across many servers, and has affected many players for weeks. It would be helpful to read through some posts in the thread, or the OP before responding.

We have been waiting a month for an official response to our problem, and for you to disregard our game-breaking issue is a bit offensive.

Maybe you would take this seriously if it was posted on Reddit?

Edited by Knar
  • Like 2

The main problem here was the stacking of containers- i have stacked around 8 of the yellow protector boxes and had the described desync (was not able to interact with anything, also the other players in my networkbubble then got the same problem) i fixed it by dropping all boxes and joining another server. Anyway since stacking is no longer possible this issue is no longer a problem and should be closed (i hope so)

The main problem here was the stacking of containers- i have stacked around 8 of the yellow protector boxes and had the described desync (was not able to interact with anything, also the other players in my networkbubble then got the same problem) i fixed it by dropping all boxes and joining another server. Anyway since stacking is no longer possible this issue is no longer a problem and should be closed (i hope so)

Ok the point is desync doesn't reduce and I can't play with 100.000 desync. Sometimes my desync reduces after join server, but sometimes not. It's really annoy.

This is my problem, in the posts above, there is contradictory results. The lead post makes no mention of these things and jumps straight to battleye discussions. I read through the first post and there is no summary there of exactly what the problem being experienced is. I will summarize my understanding on the basis of some posts below:

You join a server and you have 100000 desync in player menu, no desync icon, but you cannot interact with any items. This only occurs when you are near a player who has a nested backpack/Container.

Is this a correct description of the problem?

It's unfortunate you're completely disregarding this thread, but like it or not this issue plagues many players. This issue has nothing to do with any visible icon, and we never said it did. This is an issue with consistent desync, across many servers, and has affected many players for weeks. It would be helpful to read through some posts in the thread, or the OP before responding.

We have been waiting a month for an official response to our problem, and for you to disregard our game-breaking issue is a bit offensive.

Maybe you would take this seriously if it was posted on Reddit?

In order to fix a problem it needs to be clearly identified, reproduced, and then it can be solved. This thread does not clearly identify the problem. It seems to be a collection of possible symptoms and a great deal of speculation.

I still don't clearly understand what exactly the problem is, if you could read through the summary I posted above in bold and amend that - then we can all agree on the problem being experienced. Without a clear definition then this thread will be entirely useless for identifying and fixing a problem.

• Like 2

is like this..: you fresh respawn everything is fine... you regroup with ur friends or meet with some of them 100k Desync, it doesnt matter if they have or not ammobox/small protector/Medikit, the 100k desync just appear.. and thats (in my case) just happens when im meeting with friends in a server without them its everyting good, i get close to other players idk if they have ammoboxes or not maybe they have but idk that.. let seee how it goes but i cant play with my friends anymore :(

is like this..: you fresh respawn everything is fine... you regroup with ur friends or meet with some of them 100k Desync, it doesnt matter if they have or not ammobox/small protector/Medikit, the 100k desync just appear.. and thats (in my case) just happens when im meeting with friends in a server without them its everyting good, i get close to other players idk if they have ammoboxes or not maybe they have but idk that.. let seee how it goes but i cant play with my friends anymore :(

I don't really understand what you mean, but I'll try to modify my original summary based on what I can grab from your post:

You join a server and if you or anyone nearby to you have 100000 desync in player menu, but no desync icon, you cannot play any more. This only occurs when you are near a player who is having max desync.

If this summary is correct, a great deal of specifics need to be answered:

• What does "I can't play anymore" actually mean? Can you not interact with items? Is there anything you can do? Like can you move? Reload? Fire a weapon? Drink? Drop something on the ground? Change clothes?
  • What happens over the network when these things occur? Do other people see any of the changes you make?
  • Are all your friends affected in the same way? Or only some of them? Is there anything unique about the friends who are having the issue?
  • What kinds of things still occur in the game? Can you see others animations, sound effects, etc...? What about VON, does this continue to work?
  • What is the network utilization of your client? Both before the issue starts and during it?

This certainly doesn't sound like desync, it sounds more like interruption is occurring and state has simply stopped being updated. However this is a wild guess as most of the posts appear to be about completely different things without any specific detail. This is why there is a great deal of problem with the thread, some people are experiencing a legitimate UFO-style bug, others are just commenting about typical and normal desync, yet others are talking about server-performance induced desync, and a few are talking about issues associated with container-ception.

This is my problem, in the posts above, there is contradictory results. The lead post makes no mention of these things and jumps straight to battleye discussions. I read through the first post and there is no summary there of exactly what the problem being experienced is. I will summarize my understanding on the basis of some posts below:

You join a server and you have 100000 desync in player menu, no desync icon, but you cannot interact with any items. This only occurs when you are near a player who has a nested backpack/Container.

Is this a correct description of the problem?

In order to fix a problem it needs to be clearly identified, reproduced, and then it can be solved. This thread does not clearly identify the problem. It seems to be a collection of possible symptoms and a great deal of speculation.

I still don't clearly understand what exactly the problem is, if you could read through the summary I posted above in bold and amend that - then we can all agree on the problem being experienced. Without a clear definition then this thread will be entirely useless for identifying and fixing a problem.

Ok Dean, I will summarize for you about this problem:

1. Some players play alone with very good desync. But when they meet up your friends or even other players, desync immediately increase 100.000 and doesn't reduce. And when they get away from your friends or other players, desync is normal and they play very well.

2. Some players (Like me) have high desync even they are alone and very random (Today I play good in this server and just have a little desync but still can play, but tomorrow is 100.000 desync and don't reduce). Don't have any icon like yeallow/red chain

3. Some players join server and they have good desync. But after 5-10 minutes playing, desync increase 100.000 and don't reduce.

When you have high desync, you just can run aroung but can't use food, water, open/close door, can't put weapond or items in your hand BUT my friends can see when I put a weapon in my hand (In my computer, nothing happens). My friends is good when near me.

That is our problem now. I'm very glad because you have attention at this issue and I really hope you can help us play this game. This game is very awesome, I'm addicted with it but can't play because of high desync. Thank you so much Dean Hall

Edited by ColByKid

The problem is pretty straightforward in my case. If I get together with 1 or 2 guys, I have no issues. If I get together with 3 people or more, I get permanent 100k desync regardless of the server we're in. I can't interact with the server at all, having a 20-30 seconds-ish delay whenever I attempt an action such as looting a corpse or dropping an item. Sometimes I'll see people acting normally within a 3 second window of logging in, but then the desync kicks in and I see them permanently frozen in the middle of whatever they were doing, as if my connection had dropped altogether. This happens to some of the people I play with, but not to the vast majority of them, and there isn't any link I can think of.

I cannot hear shots when I'm desyncing, and the only animations I see are people that got frozen in place doing something in from point of view, like people doing the running animation on the spot. 

I have to play solo or with one mate at most because of this.  I understand this is an alpha (as in, it's amazing that it's even playable) so if you want me to do more tests or be more specific about the problem please ask.

Edit: Like the above poster, my character can move just fine when I'm desyncing, but that's about it. I don't see other people's movements and I can't interact with items (or at least, interact with them without waiting 30 seconds each time I do something)

Edited by GGOtter

I've had this happen to me twice, both when playing with 2 other people, since this thread, as said before is a bit of a mess I'll try explain exactly what happens with me.

The first time it happened, I was playing with my friend, all was fine. Shortly afterwards we were joined by another person and all was fine for ~30 minutes. We stopped to eat/drink and without warning they stopped moving. They could see ME moving around, but for me they were simply crouching staring at a wall. I rejoined the server with the same effects, except that their models had moved position. Same thing, they could see me moving around but I couldn't see their movements. One of them had just eaten as I logged in aswel, as the munching SFX kept playing on a loop for me. We changed servers to see if it would fix the problem. It worked for, again, ~30 minutes on the new server then began again.

Last night I had the same issue, except it was directly after a server restart. But again, same issue, they could see all my movements, but everything else (zombies and players alike) I couldn't see on my end.

On both occurances I couldn't interact with anything; my inventory, hotbar, loot etc just wasn't responding.

Again we server hopped and it fixed the issue.

I'm using Avast! and always use BE servers if that helps in any way.

Edit: oh and it's the same for me that the chain icon doesn't show up, my desync shows 0 for me, ping usually around 50-60 but for my friends it says 100000

Edited by XUL92