Sign in to follow this  
Mays (DayZ)

How many people do you kill in a life on average?

How many people do you kill in a life on average?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. How many?

I'd be around 3 but it's random really sometimes it's a lot other times it's none just depends how i feel like playing at the time and normally i approach people or stand out in obvious areas under the guise of being friendly so really depends who comes across me. 

I killed 3 people i think,always in dire situations,died a lot more,so about 0 on average.

30 hours playtime and have yet to kill a player. Tend to stay away from to coast and never rush into towns, so I dont meet that many other players. And if I do I usably see them before they see me, giving me time to assess the situation.

Haven't killed anyone yet. Could have killed quite a few people, but instead I've made a few new friends, and watched even more run across a field through my scope.

I would have to be cornered before I would kill anyone. I move away from all contact that I am not expecting.

I tend to remain unseen until I want to be seen like most who have voted 0. You survive by whatever works for you, not shooting everyone in the face on sight works for me.

Still haven't killed a human.

Thought today I almost did... while walking the coast to give newspawns canteens and can openers I saw a guy all decked out like some kind of Umbrella Corp. commando.

Kept my rifle on him and followed for about ten minutes, but he didn't do anything unforgiveable.

I'd really love a zombie count though, I kill a lot of zombies.

This really shows why i want an subtle armband put on bandits. I don't want to kill any of guys on the ZERO list. I get bored though so i have started killing people for fun recently, joining in on the PVP mainly in the heavy PVP areas. But sometimes i have killed people and i feel like they may very well have been one of those ZERO guys just minding there own damn business. Like this one guy with a Mosen, looking over Elektro, way way up on the hill in the N.W. (not sniper hill) too far away to snipe anything. I thought he might be a PvE guy just checking out the action. He was being careful enough too, i just happened to spot him through the grass as he was crouch walking up to a fence. Or maybe he killed 30 people..

Haven't killed a single person yet. But I did assist on the death of a few bandits by being a meat shield on more than one occasion. 

Think I have killed 2 people since the alpha released, generally I have the worst luck my attackers have got the drop on me every time and I'm murdered before I even see them :huh:

But like a can of :beans: I'm not bitter that's just Day Z for you, besides every dog has his day !

Edited by Furyk

I probably killed 10 people in total, but for each new character, an average of maybe 0-3. 

I've killed 3 in 30 hours of play. First one was my buddy since he was pretty much dead. Took his gear so it was in good shape, hacked off his head, then headed to where he spawned back. Good times haha.

The other was a guy who I bumped into in the control tower at the NW airfield. He took off running after I tried to have a nice conversation with him. He got a Mosin round in the back.

Third dude was today, but to be honest I think the dude was glitched out. Tried to communicate with him for about 10 minutes (we both opened a door at the same time and then he stayed crouched and didn't move. In that case I was well geared up and solo, so I went with the better safe than sorry route. Ironically I was shot in the same room shortly after.

Had a few fun fistfights, but I always loose haha.

I've only been killed by another player once. Since then, i got 4 kills. 2 bandits in a firefight in Cherno, 1 idiot in Berezino who wanted to kill me with a crowbar after trying to gain my trust, 1 guy who came at me with an axe in the shipwreck.

I'd say how many people you helped in a single lifetime is a better stat. I'm at around 7 at the moment.

Edited by Greaves

There is no average for me (had to do an average as there is no k/d stat in game and i dont want there to ever be.

I play each life a little differently i have played a pve style person (on a pvp server) carrying a bible helping people (basicly to see how long i would last)

i have played my character as a survivour shooting only direct threats ( those who shoot at me or have for any reason come rushing at me yeah sadly a few bambi have died to that but you charge dont speak and your dead.)

I have tried to play a jason micheal myers character using knives or axes to kill people (wearing payday mask really want to put sack over my head or hockey mask lol )anyone anywhere armed or not ( this is a hard one to do unlike those characters you do actually die when shot lol )

I have played purely to find bugs test what works so no kills and yes died alot.

But i get the feeling the thread is a who is an expert yeah im the best killing machine player( hope not) there is no average when i am in the pvp mindset some times all i cross a newbs/bambi i slaughter others i run into organised groups using military tactics and if i am solo or in group not doing this i am slaughtered lol

Id like a thread where it is how much fun did you have getting that kill or being killed or that interaction not an un official k/d ratio to replace the lack of it ( and hopefully never implemented)

• Like 1

In 2 years and hundreds of hours, I've only had to kill 6 people. I take pride in being able to defuse a tense encounter without shots being fired. Being a friendly doesn't have to involve running at people screaming "friendly" like an idiot, and I'd like to think that my track record proves that.

I've died 2 times by players, sniped and shot by my friend when he was "shooting a zombie". I killed 13 people in my first life which went for 22 hours and the other life I killed 10 players which went for 29. I didn't shoot a quarter of the people I saw by the way and most of my time was spent up north gearing up or meeting up with friends down south. Never spending too long in one place.

The other lives I've had I've been killed by bugs or character resets but my avg. kills even with that are about 10. I have 59 hours in total on dayz

Edited by Flagella

I killed 1 guy in my 40 hours. And it was only to test the killing ability of a fireaxe when I first started playing. Just walked into a house with my axe drawn in case another zombie decided to attack me through a wall. And some guy was looting. He stoped, looked at me. A few seconds of silence goes by, no talking. Then swing, dead.

Edit: He was asian, had a purple/pink hat, blue shirt, woodcutter axe. Funny how I remember that.

Edited by Zeet.

so many mass murderers these days, i haven't had to take a single life yet and im doing fine i don't see why everyone just kills each other its so sad, makes me weep every time i see a dead traveler   :(

so many mass murderers these days, i haven't had to take a single life yet and im doing fine i don't see why everyone just kills each other its so sad, makes me weep every time i see a dead traveler   :(

Makes me sadder to see cliffs and piles of jumpers at the bottom.

• Like 1

about 0.2 on average 3 when defending friends and asked to kill by said friends and one when someone tried to kill me when i was letting them pick up an M4 i found from last kill (i had no interest in having an m4)