ianaconda

-=BEARDS=-

Beards?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. How should beards be added?

• Start clean shaven and players grow beards over time.
    • Beards or clean shaven should be selected at character creation.

This is basically, the best idea for DayZ ever thought of. I've been gagging for more character creation options, I can't stand running around with four other guys who look exactly the same as me. It frustrates me to the end of the world and back. As a man with a beard myself, I'm astonished and embarrassed for my character who doesn't even have a single hair to his face. I'm not sure on whether your beard would grow in-game, it takes away the possibility for different beard styles, or at least would make it more annoying to maintain. But I fully endorse the idea of having a selection of beards to choose from as a male character, those handle-bars featured in the first picture arouse me on many levels my friend. 

Any dev looking at this post. You have an obligation as a male and a developer of a apocalyptic game to include choices of beard to male character. Ranging from a 5'o clock shadow to a lovely large beard please.

On this note anyway, I'd also like to see the ability to change the type of face my character has and his hairstyle. I want to see wacky bandits with mo-hawks and spikes of liberty, and huge flowing beards of dirty injustice. Then I want to see some ex-cop with aviators and a 5o shadow go and bust their new-spawn slave trade empire. 

But in all seriousness friend, this is epic and I am erratic that you've achieved such response (rightly so). I hope this goes far.

• Like 1

TL;DR. But I agree. We do need bards. Maybe they will add guitars or flutes. I recall LOTRO had musical instruments. I'd happy walk around singing songs of adventure and excitement. Probably just the Marine Hymn though.

Oorah

• Like 2

Facial hair is a vitally important aspect of this game and needs to be introduced right now. 

How am I to show my rugged manliness to all the female survivors if I am not rocking the full Hagrid?

46242709.jpg

• Like 3

I am 41 years young, but I bloody HATE having facial hair! If I go more than three days without a shave, im scratching at my stubble like a dog with fleas. However, I would LOVE facial hair growth in the game, but on the condition you could find a razor blade and have a shave at a pond for instance, taking up about a minute of your time.

I hate having facial hair so much that even having it in-game would annoy me so much that I would risk my life to shave at a pond. Seriously.

I am 41 years young, but I bloody HATE having facial hair! If I go more than three days without a shave, im scratching at my stubble like a dog with fleas. However, I would LOVE facial hair growth in the game, but on the condition you could find a razor blade and have a shave at a pond for instance, taking up about a minute of your time.

I hate having facial hair so much that even having it in-game would annoy me so much that I would risk my life to shave at a pond. Seriously.

beardreavement1_sm.jpg

• Like 1

I don't want to rain on your parade, but ... beards would discriminate female players. :P

Give them bras with breasts rather than chaste undershirts and I think we have a fair trade. Titties <> beards

Give them bras with breasts rather than chaste undershirts and I think we have a fair trade. Titties <> beards

Ouhyeah, beards

jeff-bridges-rooster.jpg  10669895.jpg

20130429-lens-bridges-slide-VZHZ-blog480

;)

Edited by irishroy

Yes. A thousand times yes. And just in case nobody's mentioned it yet, proper animation for them as well - so your wizard beard is blowing majestically in the wind behind you as you ride through a storm of bullets in Elektro on your rickety piece of shit pushbike/rusty motorcycle.

Edit: Blasting this.

Edited by Wolfguarde
  • Like 2

We need them to add a razor blade and let the hair grow over time, and we have to shave, HAHA i love it.

Dean already pretty much said no to this...Why the depressing discussion?

What do you mean? I did not saw Dean Hall speak about this topic.

Dean actually said, that he wants signs to show, how long a char survived for both genders, male and female.

So a male sign would be a longer beard.

From my point of view, i see this confirmed :>

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

I don't think you understand the subject, son.

One does not simply 'say no' to beards.

• Like 2

I don't want to rain on your parade, but ... beards would discriminate female players. :P

Hmmmm?

paris-facial-hair.jpg

• Like 1

Rocket said recently in one of the vids linked to his Twitter stream that he wasn't keen on implementing beards as it would only apply to a small part of the player base (I may be paraphrasing a bit). This is about the first time that I've strongly disagreed with his direction - firstly, I'd guess that a healthy majority of the player base are male and (as has been suggested a few times) hair growth (in both males and females) would compensate for the male bias of this feature.

Edited by Roshi

Id like to see a short beard On creation that grows. Cause just caus e SHTF, not everyone will shave their manbeard. Ive got a small beard, not even worthy of manbeardhood yet, but its coming along. So yeah, it ahould be an option that grows.

Rocket said recently in one of the vids linked to his Twitter stream that he wasn't keen on implementing beards as it would only apply to a small part of the player base (I may be paraphrasing a bit). This is about the first time that I've strongly disagreed with his direction - firstly, I'd guess that a healthy majority of the player base are male and (as has been suggested a few times) hair growth (in both males and females) would compensate for the male bias of this feature.

Did Rocket really negatively mentioned this topic in some stream? If so i am highly disappointed. 

Edited by lDeel