Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953

Alpha problems guy's the Dev's will get all the bugs and rubberbanding issues fixed eventually. You can't expect too much, since this is only Alpha. Thanks Devs loving the game so far, cant wait to see whats next! :D

Most important fix for me is rubberbanding as well. 

Another issue I have (and I assume rubberbanding plays a role in it) is that sometimes I die without apparent reason. Last night I played with friends and suddenly I died while standing in a room with my buddies. Didn't hear a shot, neither did them. Thought I got sniped. Half an hour later, I am back in the same room with my friends and we move into a hallway without windows and my buddies covering the stairs. Then I die again without bleeding before or glitching out of the building.

Will check later again if it still happens...

Most important fix for me is rubberbanding as well. 

Another issue I have (and I assume rubberbanding plays a role in it) is that sometimes I die without apparent reason. Last night I played with friends and suddenly I died while standing in a room with my buddies. Didn't hear a shot, neither did them. Thought I got sniped.

Had that several times this day, the last time i died that way, i had a nice respawn and was able to get back within 3 minutes. i looked for my dead body, but couldn't find. I ran the road down and like 40m from my deathpoint i saw my body. since i was in the 2nd floor of a building, it probably glitched/rubberbanded me thru the wall right into death.

spawned 2 times in stary and novy sobor this day :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

I like this patch for 4 reasons:

1.hopefully they fix rubberbanding, it was so annoying getting ruberbanned after 5 mins of running

2.i'm pretty sure there fixing the waiting period for loot dropping which would be great

3. player spawns will hopefully be better

4.finally a use for the bayonet instead of it just making snipers stick out

Server: Player location rubberbanding

Woot! I got really p'dd off when my char warped through a wall on the upper floor of a building and fell to my death!.....

Woot! I got really p'dd off when my char warped through a wall on the upper floor of a building and fell to my death!.....

Thats not rubberbanding, thats more than likely a collision detection issue/clipping issue.

Rubber banding is linked to a client to server communication issue. When this happens everything that occurred on your screen during is not registered server side.

Your character will have traveled X amount of distance on your screen only to be "rubber band" sprung back to a position the server last recorded you at.

Can be a few inches of travel or many many meters.

Rubber banding will not, in itself, cause death.

Edited by Turk

Alpha problems guy's the Dev's will get all the bugs and rubberbanding issues fixed eventually. You can't expect too much, since this is only Alpha. Thanks Devs loving the game so far, cant wait to see whats next! :D

The alpha argument, the answer to all questions in the universe.

Sorry but that's really not a good enough answer. We can and should expect quite a lot to happen now, and quickly, seeing how many copies have been sold.

The game was fine before the last two updates, at least it was playable. Now everybody is experiencing rubber banding, teleporting and insta-death for no reason. It's unplayable right now. They need to fix this ASAP.

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

Ho my god.

Yeah that's the most ignorant rant ever. Well so why did your replyed to me? That's look like a kid coming to troll other comment...

Whatever you are felling about my comment, dont need to try to explain me how things going.

Take some minuts and try to read again what  i wrote with your full brain and not only with the wrong part of it.

Does i said i didnt like the Alpha phase or so?

I said, whatever Alpha or not as we bought server ( renting if you care) we may get some enought good stable version to test it!

I dont see how we can test the game if you are always wipped, tp, rubberbanded and get constant server crash!

Your reply look like a 12 years old kid reply.

Dont feel obligated to reply for the Dev.

You arent Dev, so dont speak for them.

I agree with Lazen. You call him out for his ignorance when you show more ignorance than anything. And, you want have a low blow claiming he sounds like a 12 year old? You don't even have the grammar knowledge of a 12 year old. "Does I I didn't like the alpha phase or so?". Anyways. This is alpha. The devs have allowed us to be testers. If a patch breaks something, another will come out to fix it, and probably add even more. If you have a problem, uninstall the game, and come back when you have the decency to know that this isn't suppose to be perfect.

• Like 2

This is a "Destroya Dayz Patch" No Loot, Invisible Zombies, Lags, dead after relog , Glitching, Teleporting...WTF Happens Staff?

Try verifying your files in Steam.  The no loot/zombies is a local issue, not an update issue.

The alpha argument, the answer to all questions in the universe.

Sorry but that's really not a good enough answer. We can and should expect quite a lot to happen now, and quickly, seeing how many copies have been sold.

The game was fine before the last two updates, at least it was playable. Now everybody is experiencing rubber banding, teleporting and insta-death for no reason. It's unplayable right now. They need to fix this ASAP.

Building a game from the ground up is not something that gets resolved by throwing a ton of money at it after a few weeks.  Even if they just hired an army of programmers, designers, sound engineers, etc. it takes time to bring the talented artists up to speed on the overall vision.  Those new guys will *fuck shit up* for weeks on end before they produce 10 cents worth of valuable work.  It's just the nature of development and production.

ITS AN ALPHA is the answer.  It's not the answer you want, or because you don't comprehend why it's the answer doesn't matter.  When your mom was 15 minutes into cooking an hour dinner, and 4 year old you said "Mommy I'm hungry", no matter how much you told her it wasn't fair you had to wait, there was nothing to be done but sit down and wait.  No amount of crying made that 45 min of required cooking time go faster.
Edited by Evil_This
  • Like 6

The life of a chernarus champion.

• Like 1

That's odd. Is it rubber banding as I described it, or is it general jumping around?

Like I said, everybody I know who play the game had massive issues with rubber banding before - and have not since the latest patch. That's not to say that I've not experienced jittery character positions since, but that's a completely separate issue.

Also, have the servers you've been playing on actually updated yet?

Yes it's rubber banding more after patch, pre patch I experienced it on the odd server (some times it could of Been I would run 10 seconds then zip back or as big as running to a village from across a field then zip back) but now it seems to have increased after patch happening more frequently and on more servers, I also did notice servers seemed to be more unstable yesterday... one server I went on even had a warning on load in saying about this new lagg.

Hmmm definitely still rubber banding. Not so severe as it was before, but it appears in the game like a lag spike and causes small distances of teleportation/warping and can cause players to sink into the ground, warp through walls or floors. This happened to a friend several times,which caused him to warp out of a 2nd story building, to fall 2 stories, only to break his legs and then have to wait for someone to kill him since you can't suicide or respawn if you don't have the tools to fix your busted legs. This, is a HUGE problem, in my opinion, and needs to get fixed asap.

My friend is pretty laid back, and by the time he broke his legs for the 5th time (the last time he wasn't even moving, was on the 2nd floor of a building, and he sank into the floor, heard his legs break, and then sank through the rest of the building) he was about done playing this game... :(

Respawn needs to always be available. Not just when unconscious. Otherwise it just gets more annoying to have to wait for a mercy kill and really doesn't make us want to play anymore.

We understand it is an alpha game... This alone should mean the respawn button should ALWAYS be available.

Edited by sniperdoc

Thats not rubberbanding, thats more than likely a collision detection issue/clipping issue.

Rubber banding is linked to a client to server communication issue. When this happens everything that occurred on your screen during is not registered server side.

Your character will have traveled X amount of distance on your screen only to be "rubber band" sprung back to a position the server last recorded you at.

Can be a few inches of travel or many many meters.

Rubber banding will not, in itself, cause death.

Actually, it's a lesser but more aggravating version of it. It is small warps after, what appears to be, walking, running etc. The game seems to get this lag spike, the character warps through walls or even floors and sometimes falls to his/her death. Happens A LOT.

• Like 1

Wasn't sure if someone had posted this already or where to post, figured this thread would be appropriate.

Hicks' Recent Tweet

Edited by Sab
  • Like 2

Why is that? Hacking in your future? Otherwise no reason to not want this in the game. If they could just remove the red messages.

Now, I know its not me who wrote that. But I have wrote before about the same "issue", my reason for not being too fond of BattleEye. Is simply that in the mod (And it is probably different from the standalone!) I experienced a shitload of problems with having to unistall, BattleEye and then install it again, every single time I wanted to play the game. Further, many times, as far as I remember, I got kicked of servers (might be the server I dont know) for no apparent reason, but the message was always the same "BattleEye-something-something".

But yeah, if BattleEye is "better integrated" than VAC(As someone else pointed out to mt last post) then I don't see a problem, I was just worried that the same shit would happen again.

Do I make sense at all?

Good news, there is a new update pushed to experimental. Bad news, BE is stopping me from playing on a server with the 113953 patch.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Going into internal testing on the hotfix right now, will update.</p>— Brian Hicks (@Hicks_206) <a href="https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/statuses/420156619863769088">January 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

there you go

Devs are only humans not robots just give them some time ;)

Try verifying your files in Steam.  The no loot/zombies is a local issue, not an update issue.

Building a game from the ground up is not something that gets resolved by throwing a ton of money at it after a few weeks.  Even if they just hired an army of programmers, designers, sound engineers, etc. it takes time to bring the talented artists up to speed on the overall vision.  Those new guys will *fuck shit up* for weeks on end before they produce 10 cents worth of valuable work.  It's just the nature of development and production.

ITS AN ALPHA is the answer.  It's not the answer you want, or because you don't comprehend why it's the answer doesn't matter.  When your mom was 15 minutes into cooking an hour dinner, and 4 year old you said "Mommy I'm hungry", no matter how much you told her it wasn't fair you had to wait, there was nothing to be done but sit down and wait.  No amount of crying made that 45 min of required cooking time go faster.

my other 5 friends have the same problem.

How can it be because of the steam files?