Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113953

Same thing. I mean I love the game but I didn't pay $30 to continually be reset and rubber banded all over the place. I realize this is Alpha but these are major bugs that make the game unplayable.

Yes you did. It clearly states that there are bugs and the game is unfinished. You knowingly purchased an unfinished game that is going to have dev patches that may break the game.. cause this is alpha and thats what they do to try stuff.

• Like 9

that is the newest released update the 0.30.113933 will be on steam soon i have been on that 113953 build like 2-3 days now... you should check forums recently

Sorry about that.

Edited by ultra1776

A 2 years alpha phase sounds ok to you?

Blinded biazed fanboy answer.

Dont get me wrong, im a fan of Dayz, i play since the first initial weeks of the mod release.

But this is getting ridiculous.

With all the money they gathered from the steam alpha release, they should be able to set a decent dev team.

3 fixes / patches is just ridiculous, looks like there is 1 or 2 devs behind this patch...

If this is not the case and there is 20 dev behind this patch, there is something totaly fcked in their code which would be even much more ridiculous after more than 1 years of development considering they just modded an existing game engine (Arma2) (no new game engine from scratch).

Moreover, each path bring some new defects or regressions.

Come on, SA success is has been prooved so far, time to inject the cash from the bank account into the dev team.

Penis alert!
So after raking in the millions they 'should be able to set a decent dev team' in your words......and you expect that to happen in less than a month?!?! Over the holiday period too?!?! Do you think the local job centre is full of out of work devs who are ready to jump and get to work knocking out patches straight away?! The fucking blinding ignorance and stupidity of some people makes me question how they manage to breathe on their own!
  • Like 22

Penis alert!
So after raking in the millions they 'should be able to set a decent dev team' in your words......and you expect that to happen in less than a month?!?! Over the holiday period too?!?! Do you think the local job centre is full of out of work devs who are ready to jump and get to work knocking out patches straight away?! The fucking blinding ignorance and stupidity of some people makes me question how they manage to breathe on their own!

You've got my beans.

This patch is basically fixing the unplayability that is occuring right now. Don't know why people are so angry all the time. Devs could just ignore the rubber banding and work on some new core features but instead of that they are going to make the game at least playable again. Please be patient and don't forget, you didn't pay for the game, you paid for the journey - be happy that you can be part of developing DayZ. 

On a side note, does anyone have an ETA for this patch arriving on Steam?

• Like 1

Same thing. I mean I love the game but I didn't pay $30 to continually be reset and rubber banded all over the place. I realize this is Alpha but these are major bugs that make the game unplayable.

Yes you did, because you have been warned from all sources.

• Like 2

New: 

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing) 
Server: Dead player cleanup (time based)
Design: M9130 Bayonet can now open cans

Fixed: 

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to player skeleton
Server: Player location rubberbanding
Server: Large delay in item manipulation and "inventory tetris"

List to be fleshed out as update progresses.

Nice looking update! Good job, also looking forward to seeing what else is added to this list over the next few days/weeks.

What about some spawns on the northern airport? Good udpate though +1

Really? .... no...

Spawns should be spread out all along the cost South West, South, South East, East.

Once the civilian weapons get added in and evenly distributed I hope they will limit the military grade weapons to the north.

This will reduce the "death match" or mass killings I have read so much about in the current limited spawn areas and give fresh spawn killers a much larger area to hunt (increasing the chances of you not being killed as soon as you spawn by a player). 

Edited by Lancer 2-2

Man, I want to see the deer they are working on.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Screenshots

Edited by lets4dead

People need to realize that even when a development team has 10 people in it, the truly senior ones that can actually work on the hard stuff (networking, performance) are only 2-3 and even then not every single one of them is experienced in every part of the core of the engine, and on top of that if you are updating a networking code you usually can't put 2 people on it, to do it in parallel.

The rest of team are usually developers that can do new features but may require a specification or some guidance from the senior people, and then there are 1-2 juniors that can't do anything exciting yet, but can make the bayonet be able to open cans.

Software is a complex thing it usually takes half a year for a new person to be able to do anything significant and a great deal of experience with the product to be able to edit one of the core systems. The good thing is that once the more experienced developers are done with the complex stuff they can shoot out new features for the engine several times faster then the regular ones.

• Like 1

azKQZBX.png

In the left Dean Hall, in the right Dayz community. Loved it

• Like 1

Hey, just a noob question, I'm not used to Steam. Do updates get installed automatically if I just double click the DayZ icon on my desktop, or do I need to update it through Steam or something?

People need to realize that even when a development team has 10 people in it, the truly senior ones that can actually work on the hard stuff (networking, performance) are only 2-3 and even then not every single one of them is experienced in every part of the core of the engine, and on top of that if you are updating a networking code you usually can't put 2 people on it, to do it in parallel.

The rest of team are usually developers that can do new features but may require a specification or some guidance from the senior people, and then there are 1-2 juniors that can't do anything exciting yet, but can make the bayonet be able to open cans.

Software is a complex thing it usually takes half a year for a new person to be able to do anything significant and a great deal of experience with the product to be able to edit one of the core systems. The good thing is that once the more experienced developers are done with the complex stuff they can shoot out new features for the engine several times faster then the regular ones.

That is why they need to hire some REALLY good People with all that money. The ones that made Arma3 for example. But i bet Dean looked into it already. In my opinion Dayz could be a new tripple A Title, There is so much that still can be done. I still think Dayz should have been developed on the Arma 3 engine. That said, I'd love to see more stuff from A3 coming in like the stance system. Cant everybody from Arma3 come and work on Dayz PLEASE :D

Hey, just a noob question, I'm not used to Steam. Do updates get installed automatically if I just double click the DayZ icon on my desktop, or do I need to update it through Steam or something?

If you have your Steam on, it should update DayZ automatically when the update comes out.

In my opinion Dayz could be a new tripple A Title, There is so much that still can be done.

I'm sorry but no... The mainstream people who buys all the "triple A Titles" want an easy game with quick-time events for everything. 

Checkpoints as a saving system etc etc. This will never be a AAA title. A quick google got me this info on what people think of an AAA title.

Triple A games 2014 = shit games.

"- High-quality

- Broad market

- High sales

- Large teams

- Big budget

- Polished audio-visual direction

- Perfect technical and artistic execution

- Playable & fully enjoyable within the first five minutes of play

- Exhaustively tested

- Bug free

- Great usability

- Continous, balanced entertainment from beginning to end

- Great graphical user interface

- First place in the markets, and great marketing

- Hype"

Edited by Wh1spY

Man, I want to see the deer they are working on.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Screenshots

edit : from the leaked build of last year, so this stuff might be totally out of date.

Edited by Bat
  • Like 3

Ok, but how hard would it be to change around spawning positions and frequency of weapons spawning...Just hit us with different numbers every week if you don't have new stuff, mix it up...i'm ok with that

Edited by Highlander007

That is why they need to hire some REALLY good People with all that money. The ones that made Arma3 for example. But i bet Dean looked into it already. In my opinion Dayz could be a new tripple A Title, There is so much that still can be done. I still think Dayz should have been developed on the Arma 3 engine. That said, I'd love to see more stuff from A3 coming in like the stance system. Cant everybody from Arma3 come and work on Dayz PLEASE :D

the last thing this project needs is all arma 3 team turning this into arma 3. arma 3 is failing and shit !

keep dayz standalone original and dont just do shit cause others want you to do it cause its right for the game !

Devs you know that there are many stupid people here in these forums...

The only thing you can do ignore them inside the forum and we 'll kill them in-game.

Keep up the good work devs!

• Like 5

Also, the point of this alpha is to help the devs, right? Is there a way where we can log bugs etcetera?