ZedsDeadBaby

PSA: If you put "No KoS" in the title of your server, I'm going to favorite it and stop in every day to kill at least one person

gotta give it to OP (opening poster, not over powerd), this topic has drawn a lot of attention. so it must be an important issue

added:

off to play on a server that says 'no can openers' 

Edited by Sooden

couple of lives ago I was really kitted up in Zeleno, but had no food whatsoever, couldn't find any anywhere, screen was B&W, and then someone came running down the street - guess what, he fell down on that street. I didn't shoot him because I was bored but because I wanted to live.

From his perspective it was KoS I guess, had nothing to do with boredome. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

yeah, but in 99% of the cases you know that isnt that the real motivation behind the trigger, right?

And you could've always robbed him instead.

Edited by lipemr

yeah, but in 99% of the cases you know that isnt that the real motivation behind the trigger, right?

And you could've always robbed him instead.

Thats the thing, you don't know, most times you haven't got a clue what goes on with the other player; yes, there are also a lot of people killing for fun

I couldn't risk him running away, or dc, or kill me... (but in the end his body disappeared before I got to it).

couple of lives ago I was really kitted up in Zeleno, but had no food whatsoever, couldn't find any anywhere, screen was B&W, and then someone came running down the street - guess what, he fell down on that street. I didn't shoot him because I was bored but because I wanted to live.

From his perspective it was KoS I guess, had nothing to do with boredome. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

No. I think most of us when say "kos" mean "irrational and gratuitous killing, for boredom, e-penising, coddiness or whatever that kills the game like is intented to be played"

That "intented to be played" include anyway: killing to survive, killing for bandit entertainment (there is people that would shoot for entertainment in a real situation like this) and a lot of other kos reasons. The point is that what should be a part of the game (killing for entertainment) has become the main game, reaching idiotic levels like spawn killing. That's the problem, not killing somebody in range because better safe than sorry or I like your pants and I'm an a-hole.

Edited by Noisex

All i want to say to this topic is that more options they give to servers in future better this game will be: 1st person only/both, sidechat enabled/off, Pvp on/off(as shooting people doesnt do any damage). Also as it was in mod there should be private servers and not only those public ones that encourage ppl to server hop for quick loot and search for KoS victims.

If I'm speaking as the "real me" and not a hypothetical sadistic murderous bandit who kills anyone and anything all the time, then yes, we absolutely agree. Where survival is concerned, remaining undetected is obviously the most reliable method to live to see another day.

But the person I was responding to was arguing that PvP is interesting while KoS is not, which implies that there is some kind of interaction which KoS eliminates, so I was speaking to that logic. Surely if the alternative is never seeing me at all or even knowing I'm there, then me attempting to hunt you down and kill you is MORE interactive and MORE exciting than me just crouching in the bushes and watching you silently pass like I'm some kind of post-apocalyptic groundhog.

I assume this person would consider it "KoS" if, for example, he were to enter the same room as me in a house and instead of waving and saying "g'day mate!" I shoot him in the stomach instead.

You're arguing for what some people call "Kill on Detection" or so, which I honestly think is the ideal if your plan is to live as long as possible.

But, still, I'll argue until the end of Chernarus that the game would be far less interesting if there weren't at least a few people playing with what people like to call a "CoD mentality."

Just like the zombies, these "all murder all the time" players make the game more interesting, not less.

"But the person I was responding to was arguing that PvP is interesting while KoS is not, which implies that there is some kind of interaction which KoS eliminates," There is no Player Interaction in KOS. I mean, if you count the couple of seconds of "Hey ma-", which really isn't a interaction. 

Edited by irichey25

It's mind boggling. At least in the mod there was some stuff to do like rack up zombie kills or ride motorcycles.

What are these people even doing? Literally just standing around chatting with each other like it's fucking Second Life or something.

People play how they want - you do the same.

taken just now, these are the server we need to worry about

ass.jpg

If you want to play "standard servers" then join standard. If you want 24/7 day then join day, hero/villains play...

What is everyone's problem with letting people do what they like. It really shouldn't bother you so much you sad fuckers.

Edited by orlok
be nice...
  • Like 1

If you want to play "standard servers" then join standard. If you want 24/7 day then join day, hero/villains play...

What is everyone's problem with letting people do what they like. It really shouldn't bother you so much you sad fuckers.

you haven't read it all,, the are terms and conditions you must follow to run a server

added:

the bad language .. is that cool now?

added - added; 

dam flipping  man milk monkey feeders (sorry had too, can line out if you must)

Edited by Sooden

If this is towards me, I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say.

I've never been spawn killed. I just stated a random situation that would make many regret their purchase of the game. Which can easily be avoided by banning (punishing) those who go beyond immaturity to the point its negatively effecting others gaming experience.

To OP

I encourage everyone who has any respect for the game to do the same.

dont agree, but giving beans for hot topic

Edited by Sooden

I think the reason it bothers so many dayz gamers, is because IRL off the gaming set, a good amount of gamers are repressed pussies that cant stand up for ourselves, so NO ONE in game is going to tell ME what to do.  You have to really (as the OP did) assert your pure internet badassery on forums and in games. Everyone I am sure can agree, for the most part, must of us would avoid ANY TYPE  of IRL life confrontation, so our outlet is to push our awesomeness on other gamers.

How dare you tell me not to join a server and not grief others. As the internet badass i am (see OP) i WILL not be held back on making others gaming experiences suck. WHY you might ask? Because I want that 10secs of feeling good about just how pathetic I am.  AND further more, if I see some server saying I cant KOS or grief ppl, i will make sure to report them, as with the other hundreds of servers I could play on, I do not feel it is fair I cant freely piss on other parades. Now granted, this is a game, but tomorrow, my other nob slobbing friends in school will want to hear how I "totally" owed a new spawn with no gear on a "Pve" server, with my mosin from 400m away.  Oh the glory they will give me, and I will feel ontop of the world, until some kid comes to take my lunch money, but no worries I will get my revenge... You wait, I will get my revenge.  Tonight on a "No KoS = ban server"  For as the OP posted, I am just that awesome...

Edited by cenobite
  • Like 5

Only read the first post, but in response to the OP, you really did not have to create a thread for this. It was already well known fact that events such as this would occur when server hosts create silly rules that cannot be properly enforced.

And before I begin reading anyone else's replies to the OP, I will state this much: Don't feed the troll. Lawl.

Edited by bonesnap

Nah, I definitely don't want to do that. And it's not really a "threat." It's just what I'm going to do. I started tonight, and it was super fun. The first guy was like "Hey this is a friendly..."

I assume he was going to say "server" but I couldn't hear over the sound of my M4.

Wow... Some people are just too unrespectful to let others do what they want in peace. "I encourage everyone who has any respect for the game to do the same." Buddy, you have no respect at all for thinking that way. Some parents just don't teach their kids how to behave, and give them too much money for their own good. The people playing on these servers don't do anything to you. If you feel "upset" by this, it's your own problem and you should fix that really quick. Just go to any other server and stop "trolling".

This is not even a full fledge video game!! XD It's a software in early stage of developpment, an alpha. You should just test it out and help with the developpment. But then again, with the way you are thinking, I doubt you can get passed the feeling of pleasure you get with killing players that pretty much won't defend themselves as they think the server they're on is safe. So basically you just want to kill players who won't shoot back? Scared of getting killed? Hmm, you should join a PvE server....

I don't mind the KoS. It's part of the possible interactions between players. But joining a server that promotes "cooperative" behaviour to kill players and annoy players? Wow, you have some twisted pleasures mate!?

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Not even one tiny chance in hell, sorry. "No KoS" is not a real rule. Server admins are not permitted to kick or ban to punish people for not playing how they want. They're the ones breaking the rules, not me.

Yes they're breaking a rule slighty, but why does it bother you that much man? We need to get you some sex, relieve this built up tension of small man syndrome.

• Like 2

Yes they're breaking a rule slighty, but why does it bother you that much man? We need to get you some sex, relieve this built up tension of small man syndrome.

I really ought to make an album of all the senseless, baseless and malicious insults that have been slung in my direction in this thread so I can refer back to it when people claim that those who value PvP are "CoD kiddies" or whatever the trend will be then. It's amazing.

Why don't you go tell Dean you think he's a sex-starved, angry little man because he's the one who made DayZ the way it is and insists that PvP be enabled and unrestricted at all times? Would you do that? Give it a shot and see if he doesn't knock a couple of your teeth out.

Not that it's any of your business, but I have two wonderful children and a very satisfied wife and they would all attest to the fact that I'm not at all an angry person. I'm not a troll and I'm not doing what I do to ruin anyone's fun. If you read what I've posted in this thread, I think I've made it pretty clear why I do this and why I encourage others to. 

DayZ is made whole by murderous, sadistic behavior. It doesn't make sense, it's not "realistic" and it is sometimes frustrating and stressful. That's the point. You're not supposed to feel safe and comfortable in Chernarus. You're supposed to stare at the screen occasionally and ask "Why?" in an exapserated voice. Then you put your head in your hands, shake your head a bit, and then you suck it up and Respawn and get back to work.

Everyone loves to talk about how DayZ without PVE is "just Battlefield" but turns around and ignores the other side of the same coin - that DayZ without PvP is "just Left 4 Dead" or whatever. To get DayZ you need both together at the same time. And no, it's not enough to include only the PvP you're comfortable with ("Banditry is okay I just hate KoS!" well, tough).

People only love day because night is so scary. It's only cool to be a hero because there are so many villians. Yin gets awfully lonely without Yang. Fish need chips. And so on, and so forth.
  • Like 5

Read the first page and could see where the posts were going... 

To anyone that wants a NON-KoS server, please uninstall DayZ and choose a different game because DayZ is not for you. This game is not intended to run around holding hands in open fields singing doo-da doo-da.

The great thing about DayZ is that you can do whatever you want. If you want to join a server promoting no killing just to piss them off and kill them then so be it. If you want to be friendly in the game kudos to you because it is harder than being a bandit but you are not entitled to be safe from getting shot on sight. 

I wouldn't say it's spiteful. I'm like Santa Claus, bringing the joy of the real DayZ to poor boys and girls who are missing out.

I would says it's the exact, textbook definition of spiteful.

They pay for the use of the server so they have the right to enforce it how they please.  

Banning people can't happen at the moment I think but as long as its public hive RULES DON'T APPLY. If you want rules make a private hive and get active admins.

I stopped reading after the first page of this crap.

People are paying a lot of money per month to provide a platform for this title to alpha test on.

In my opinion, the devs should respect that and allow server admins to determine how they want the server they are paying for to be run (KoS/No KoS).

How freaking tough is that?

All these kids that convinced their parents to pay $30 for the game should not have more rights than the people paying close to $100 PER MONTH.

I personally won't pay for a server until private hives are allowed, why in the hell would I pay to have some ass tell me he's going to troll my server just because I wish to play this game in a different way?

The devs have us all by the short hairs because we love the concept of this type of game. Pay for our alpha.. Oh and also pay for the servers to play it on, but don't you even think about trying to enjoy it unless you like to run around killing people at random!

Sadly at this rate I think this game will implode eventually and be added to all the other games that had great concepts but were destroyed by a generation of instant gratification WoW tards.

Edited by Steel Rat
  • Like 2

Adding my 2 cents to the topic - 

I have no objection against KoS or kill-on-detection, OR just hiding from potential encounters, but what DOES piss me off is the behaviour in the following flashback:

5 minutes out from spawn, maybe even less, I had literally nothing, but a flashlight and a beanie. Got dropped by M4 fire and while being down, heard 2-3 pre-pubescent voices calling me a "little bitch" and "ez kill".

These kinds of kids should be disciplined (preferably in real life, but we all know these spoiled brats won't have anything coming by their mommy and daddy who think their little boy is an angel) but at the very least, some in-game punishment should be done against such mentally retarded primitive behavior.

I respect bandit roleplaying, KOS-ing and everything, but if a little brat goes out of his way to kill a newspawn and spew profanity while he's at it, makes me think some sort of in-game report-punishment system should be implemented. 

Otherwise, loving the experience and have had pretty memorable encounters with both friendlies and bandits.

• Like 2

You already have that without KoS, though. The main reason we can't have this discussion is because the KoS supporters assume that anything other than instant engagement of hostilities with any spotted player is being a "carebear."

Don't belittle others just because you don't have enough life experience to understand why people would like to play this way and get something out of it.

Lots of Kim Jong Uns in this thread, blissfully oblivious of other peoples needs and desires wanting shit to be the way they want it to be. Just can't quite understand it can you. Don't hurt those brains by thinking too hard folks, just let it come with time (20 years+ from the looks of it). lol

• Like 1