lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

Such is the risk versus reward of entering a town to look for supplies. Such is the risk of approaching said corner.

How about when you accept that people don't want to play in first person, I'll start advocating for first person being removed. (hint: it's impossible since one requires us to switch positions on this argument)

I never said that I don't accept that some people wish to play in third. I'm just saying anyone who thinks it makes for a fair fight is dreaming.

Personally I don't mind death if I'm outplayed but to just be taken down by cheap tricks is just not what a game should be about in my opinion.

Its ok, you play how you wish.

• Like 1

Will third person be removed in SA or will we still have to handle this via server splitting still?

If third person isn't going away, will we finally get standardized difficulty levels?

i.e.

-Rookie: third person on + w/e other aids needed

-Veteran: third person off - other aids

I'd do more of an in depth discussion but I think this topic has been argued over long enough anyway.  If Rocket hadn't allowed third person in the first place, this problem wouldn't have existed at all.

I think one thing that hasn't been mentioned aside from all the unfair gameplay arguments is its uses for creating Machinima. It would be nice i think to actually see more camera options for this reason, although it would make sense to have them as server options not default settings.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160544-rolling-update-rev-030113925/

Why not wait and see how the first person servers do before extending this another 20 pages? 

We are allowed to discuss this as long as we don't all go crazy and break the rules! :) 

So, that is the developers solution? Separate hive for first person servers? Awesome. Truly, the first person hive will be a barren apocalyptic land filled with a few men and women with bionic eyes. 

• Like 1

I'm a photographer. It clearly has nothing to do with focus. That is entirely separate from what it actually is: ZOOM. You literally need some sort of superpower/bionic eye to be able to zoom in like that. 

Want to know why the mechanic isn't simulating "focusing in with your eyes n a particular area"? Because there is a zoom out feature too. You can do this in both first and third person. Zooming in narrows your FOV. Zooming out expands it. It is literally just as much as a crutch as third person (minus the seeing through wall glitches). 

Plus, if we are getting rid of third person then we might as well look at other "exploits" that make it easier for people to have an advantage on you right? 

lol

its not zoom, its because in real life we have a different field of view.

without that "zoom" we have only a square window in 1 m in front of us to look through with 90 FOV...   so this "zoom" is needed for realism...  this discussion is so old, google it FOV Zoom arma etc

Edited by Phace

its not zoom, its because in real life we have a different field of view.

without that "zoom" we have only a square window in 1 m in front of us to look through with 90 FOV...   so this "zoom" is needed for realism...  this discussion is so old, google it FOV Zoom arma etc

Yeah I know all about how it is has been discussed. 

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?100235-Setting-up-your-FOV

We are allowed to discuss this as long as we don't all go crazy and break the rules! :)

So, that is the developers solution? Separate hive for first person servers? Awesome. Truly, the first person hive will be a barren apocalyptic land filled with a few men and women with bionic eyes. 

I wasn't saying it's not allowed but the discussion is pointless as far as I can tell. They're going through with first person servers on a separate hive regardless of this thread. Let's see how it goes.

• Like 1

I wasn't saying it's not allowed but the discussion is pointless as far as I can tell. They're going through with first person servers on a separate hive regardless of this thread. Let's see how it goes.

I confused myself. I agree. 

To my pleasant surprise, I saw a few nearly full first person only servers (the ones that say 3PP:OFF). Was so happy :)

Already having a much better time playing the game. Crank my FOV up.. almost shat my pants once when I heard a zombie running up behind me and I turned around and he lunged at me.

• Like 1

For me i like third person for the look yea sometimes i use to to peak around a corner which rarely give you an effective advantage i like being able to zoom in and out at will as i can take some really good pictures in house i use first person and while im walking out and about im in third person and it still feels really intense  

For me i like third person for the look yea sometimes i use to to peak around a corner which rarely give you an effective advantage i like being able to zoom in and out at will as i can take some really good pictures in house i use first person and while im walking out and about im in third person and it still feels really intense  

lol

It doesnt matter what they want.

It is for their own good. They will be thankful in the long run when its removed.

I will never be thankful for the devs forcing your game play style on to me.

I can assure you personally that if it is forced across the entire game, I will be calling/e-mailing to ask for my money back. Hell I'd probably even make a twitter account just to tweet Dean after long enough of not getting an answer and my money back.

I guess this discussion was just rendered moot, now it's up to you all to keep the servers busy and full.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

To my pleasant surprise, I saw a few nearly full first person only servers (the ones that say 3PP:OFF). Was so happy :)

Already having a much better time playing the game. Crank my FOV up.. almost shat my pants once when I heard a zombie running up behind me and I turned around and he lunged at me.

Good news, hope it lasts a bit. I realy would be confused if the 1st person folks again just starts to hang around 3rd person server. (while strangely still considering themselfes uber hardcore pro as they play on 3rd p server, because, well, they wished to be on 1st p servers or sth ^^)

Anyway 1st p only to times indeed is fun. Good luck with that.

Edited by Ken Bean

I guess this discussion was just rendered moot, now it's up to you all to keep the servers busy and full.

I look forward to the results. Hope to see them full but..we will see. 

I can assure you personally that if it is forced across the entire game, I will be calling/e-mailing to ask for my money back. Hell I'd probably even make a twitter account just to tweet Dean after long enough of not getting an answer and my money back.

Then don't buy alpha if you want to get refund. It doesn't matter if they will keep TPV delete it or delete even FPV you are not entitled to any refunds.

Another thing is "forcing players" multilayer games are balanced around player feedback all the time that's how it's work. If they will decide that TPV is breaking game balance they should remove it rather than keep it because someone will T_T.

You are free to discuss and point out any valid arguments but keep those childish threats for yourself.

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm loving the First Person only servers.  Greatly enhanced realism and immersion.

Locked my server to 1st person, can't even get in the damn thing it's so busy.

Clearly an unpopular choice!  lol

• Like 3

Now i am not saying that 3rd view is going to be removed ( or my prefrence it being locked to the height of the person so you cant use it as a periscope) but if it ever was why do you think this entitles you to your money back ?? Please explain why you think it does???

Because legaly speaking it doesnt you havent got a leg to stand on and that goes for people who play first saying want a refund if they dont adjust the 3rd person view this is just pointless talk and a waste of your time typing and well you know it you just want to sound dramatic to make your point (because if you dont know your not entitled to a refund merely because the game doesnt shape up the way you want then heaven help us all.

Its posts like this i wish there was a remove beans button cause id be clicking it like crazy.

This is thee third time i have stated fixing 3rd person is far more viable than its straight removal will they do it honjestly probably not but one can hope..

Edited by SoulFirez

Having never played the mod and jumping straight into DayZ, I became dependent on 3rd person very early game. Thus said, I would get used to first person eventually and slowly over time adapt my playing strategy to work with first person. The thing I would miss most is being able to have my screen more stable while running for a long time, and seeing how bad-@$$ my character looks without having to hit tab. I also feel like if everyone has 3rd person is it really such a big deal? I mean I don't really mind either way, removing or keeping it, as long as everyone has it or doesn't. 

Locked my server to 1st person, can't even get in the damn thing it's so busy.

Clearly an unpopular choice!  lol

How many 1st person only servers are there? I am sure there an equal amount if not more filled servers offering 3rd person. 

Anyway, this was the case in the mod. People enjoy third person (call it a crutch or whatever you want) and also first person. Give the choice to the community since it is such a huge mechanic in the game. 

• Like 1

Having never played the mod and jumping straight into DayZ, I became dependent on 3rd person very early game. Thus said, I would get used to first person eventually and slowly over time adapt my playing strategy to work with first person. The thing I would miss most is being able to have my screen more stable while running for a long time, and seeing how bad-@$$ my character looks without having to hit tab. I also feel like if everyone has 3rd person is it really such a big deal? I mean I don't really mind either way, removing or keeping it, as long as everyone has it or doesn't. 

i understand your point we all have it so whats the big deal ? Well the deal mostly is if your play style is camping in un seeable locations you can watch for those exploring actually looting and not be seen yourself. That then makes it easy for the camping bandit to dispatch his victim so it leads to a camping style not such a big deal unless well everyone gets sick of being 3rd person camper killed and well turns around and does it themselves lol.

Imagine the excitment of a server of 40 people (or more when larger ones come) all hiding in 1 spot waiting for people who will never come cause there all doing the same thing. In first person you can still hide and stalk players but they will have the chance of spotting you to were as as it stands now they dont and people exploit the mechanic it kinda splits the community into those looking for loot trying to survive and those waiting for the loot to come to them while being hidden completely due to game mechanics.

but your eyes in real life would see more detail than the game can render, so letting you zoom in lets you see more detail. its mainly meant to see detail at long range

and the zoom will render detail that you other wise would NOT see. AND your argument that a game mechanic give you awareness that the game mechanic simply can not give/render in first person is the exact same argument that we 3rd proponents make... just sayin

• Like 1

I've arrived very late to this conversation, but I'll put my thoughts out there anyway. I've just now gotten into DayZ (currently playing the mod until the SA catches up) and I've played 3P once. This is a simulation game that is all about immersion, so I figured that FP was the way to go. I understand a lot of people like 3P, but if it really does allow you to see around corners, that's not really fair. Again, I don't know how accurate that is because I never played in 3p for longer than 30 seconds. However, I will be playing in FP only servers.

*I do have to hand it to the devs, 3P is nothing shy of beautiful.

Then don't buy alpha if you want to get refund. It doesn't matter if they will keep TPV delete it or delete even FPV you are not entitled to any refunds.

Another thing is "forcing players" multilayer games are balanced around player feedback all the time that's how it's work. If they will decide that TPV is breaking game balance they should remove it rather than keep it because someone will T_T.

You are free to discuss and point out any valid arguments but keep those childish threats for yourself.

There is nothing childish about having bought a product and then not getting something I paid for and wanting the money back, keep your age/maturity arguments to yourself.