lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

At-least you admitted that you need a crutch to play this game.

+1 :thumbsup:

So what's with you? If 3rd person is such a big deal, would you play on fist person server?

Well the mod has shown that the 3rd person doesn't stopp the 1st person lover from playing on 3rd person enabled server. --> So it can't be that bad after all. ;-)

it was for fun and profit

I think John needs to understand this:

You cannot know people's intentions, so you judge them by their capabilities.

No, no, I read it (: and I know the paranoia is needed; but banditry isn't equal to killing on sight. KoS is KoS, a bandit is a bandit. I want to fear people; and I want people with guns to hunt me sometimes, too. But not when 100% of the game is about that. I want to know it's a gamble; Not to be 100% sure he's a KoS'er. I don't know if you know what I mean, though... I've mixed feelings about this subject

I have noticed a stark decrease in the SA, I am happy to say. I had a guy in full "bandit" gear. You know, gas mask, camo, helmet not shoot me on sight. It was scary as shit to see him laying down in that garage with the drop on me. I ran away behind cover, said "fuck that was freaky" He asked if I was alone and from there we had a good buisness exchange of gear. I was then killed a few minutes later after clearing a military jail building. Someone came out of a room that 2 seconds ago was clear of enemies. Server hopping is the new KoS. ugh

Well here's how you fill a server: You join it and wait for others to join it.

That's the thing, I think players who want to use FPV only are predominately interested in PvP (as it's the PvP part of the game that is affected) so they don't want to go on servers with no players on to fight. It seems to be  kind of a 'Catch 22' situation which then leads to these empty FPV only servers changing back to being 'both view mode' servers... I hope this doesn't happen to the SA, but it really is up to people who want FPV only to make it happen I think and I hope they read this.

I for one don't think there's any reason for TPV to be removed while servers can be split either, players who want to play on TPV servers know and accept the risks - I'm sure I have been killed in the mod before thanks to it.

Not yet, there will be soon.

But looking back at the mod, first person players were pretty disloyal to first person servers.

That's true.

Well here's how you fill a server: You join it and wait for others to join it.

Nobody choses servers like that. You'd be waiting alone for a long time and nobody wants that.

For one you should have the door locked, two you shouldn't have been at that area to be exposed, go to another corner and three you had the same chance to be peeking as the other player did. Also could you not hear the footsteps?

He should have been able to use his common sense to deal with the situation instead of adapting ridiculous manners because of some ridiculous game mechanic.

You're right. First Person servers don't fill up. That is why these people want the developers to force first person on everyone so we don't have a choice. 

They call third person a crutch. I call it a challenge. If it gives the other player such an advantage then good on them. I'll be all the more happier when they can't kill me or if i manage to tag them. Haven't had any problems so far where people have been "exploiting". I guess some of these people are just incapable of figuring out how to avoid being a target through third person. They'll get the hang of it. 

I do hope they fix that ridiculous problem where you can see through buildings using third person though! 

There is now a discussion about that on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1u06px/found_a_neat_hiding_spot/

Some days ago all posts attacking 3rd person downvoted into oblivion but now they are upvoted. People realize it's a cheat and I encouraged several people to send mails to the development and they answered to look into it.

I am sure in several weeks / months we get a good solution for everyone.

More and more people previously oblivious to the matter got educated by these discussions and are able to see the point.

Most players haven't been aware that there's a problem with having 3rd person view enabled and therefore just used it casually because it's there and everybody did so as well. I didn't really care about the issue for a long time myself simply because I wasn't aware. Hopefully more people will see the light.

Btw,...once again...Rocket already is aware of the issue. He confirmed that 3rd person view is a problem and promised to deal with that. However he won't remove it entirely but is trying to fix it into something both sides can live with. At least he promised that.

Btw,...once again...Rocket already is aware of the issue. He confirmed that 3rd person view is a problem and promised to deal with that. However he won't remove it entirely but is trying to fix it into something both sides can live with. At least he promised that.

For the literal 1,000th time on a 42 page thead...

think op would mention it somewhere in op, to you know, acknowledge it's a know problem being addressed vs. that he just wants it removed anyway, because: preference

Edited by Nihilum

We also need to remove this crutch. Superman vision. 

jp7pch.jpg

2s16lvt.jpg

• Like 1

Merged. Please use existing topics, they aren't hard to find being right there on the first page and all.

45 now, ninja'ed big time!

Why was a KoS thread merged with a 3rd person/1st person camera thread?

jp7pch.jpg

2s16lvt.jpg

I don't have as much of a problem with the zoom in that instance as I believe it's suppose to simulate focusing in with your eyes in a particular area. You're sacrificing periphery in order to focus in on a specific spot. 

• Like 2

3rd person feels like a cheat against the zombies too not just against the other players.

• Like 2

Probably trying to make this a dumpster thread.

• Like 1

3rd person feels like a cheat against the zombies too not just against the other players.

No problem for them. They can populate their servers. ^^

jp7pch.jpg

2s16lvt.jpg

I was going to make that point also, all the 1sts moaning about 3rds cheat and exploits but I've not see anyone raise an eyebrow that suddenly you can have a bionic eye by right-clicking the mouse.

I''ve played virtually all 3rd as I get seasick and never really got that it was an exploit.

I've just started playing 1st to test it out and what I've noted is that in 1st travel is horrible, you run around like a Long John Silver wannabe. Physically It's ok  as although I do quickly develop a slight headache, I'm sure that will pass.

Killing zombies is far less of a drain in ammo during Ist as is melee as your accuracy is so much higher. I've not managed an engagement with a player yet but one on one, outside a building say in a street a 1st against a 3rd should win 75% of the time due to accuracy.

What about having 3rd person as a travel mode only? You can't fire your gun or use your axe in travel mode. To switch out you have a slight delay therefore lessening any advantage. Also as soon as you stop it immediately reverts to 1st.

Because of massive derpery from my side, it should be split off again now.

If not, the world will have to suffer the loss.

I tried!

• Like 2

I´d prefer the 3rd person to be gone fully, but i do understand the pain of people who get motion sickness, so i´d settle for a good amount of 1st person only servers.

That´s because 1st person only is in my opinion the superior way to play this game. There´s just something about zombies jumping right towards your face that 3rd person just doesn´t do justice to. And it´s fricking scary not knowing what´s behind next corner before you´ve turned around it. All in all much more engaging, immersive and authentic.

• Like 1

The zoom thingy doesn't break the common sense of combat. So it can stay as far as I'm concerned.

Er... Wow, 43 pages? People really rage about this.

Well alright, I might as well be trying to hold back a Tsunami with a handful of pebbles but I'm a fool if nothing else for trying.

How about... I like seeing my character move, I like seeing my character holding their weapon while running around and being able to glance at them as I go? Or holding down Alt to look over my shoulder and casting my glance at my person. I personally can say that I spend more time looking at my person while they're on the move (not just standing holding their gun on the inventory screen which also blots my vision and leaves me completely helpless because I can only move on four axis of direction.

Is it exploitable? Well yes it is, I do my best not to exploit it when I can but I can't say I'm 100% honest.

Oh, here's another one. Maybe I'm just sick and tired of shooters (zombie shooters especially) that have the weird perspective of my gun arm coming out of my right cheek and my left arm coming out of the respective cheek to cradle my weapon. Perhaps I prefer firing from the hip in third person because it makes me feel less like a tard for missing all over the place whereas firing from the hip in first person tricks me because I've been playing FPSs since GoldenEye and firing from the hip has traditionally been counted as "looking down the sights" without having to ram a grey brick up my nostrils.

Uhmmmmmmmm... what else... Oh I think it's cool and more immersive for me to watch my person move around and I don't actually depend on it -that- much, I just like it and don't want it to go anywhere because of reasons.

This entire thread of constant rage just screams of people being butt-hurt because they lost all their gear to a bandit who came around a corner and shot them, or sniped them from a roof. For a community loaded with people that go "Har har, part of the game loser crai more kkthxbai" a lot of people seem pretty worked up over... what is part of the game (which is to say dying, one way or another).

Realistically... how much does anybody actually think that person who was on the roof or behind a corner not being able to see over that lip/around that corner would have saved them? How diligent are people actually about watching rooftops and checking their corners? I bet not even nine-tenths of the people here in this very thread look at rooftops as they enter a town or city like Novy or Cherno respectively and they're just looking for an easy out to blame their lack of due diligence on someone else's "cheating".

For those of you who set ambushes from around corners and on rooftops and were lying in wait for easy prey but ended up getting shot because of third person corner/rooftop peaking... part of the game, QQ more.

• Like 1

I say remove it but we need more stances like in ARMA3.

• Like 4