lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

The reason is simply because playing in 3rd person as it stands now, and was in the mod, is much more "enjoyable".

It is not more enjoyable. It is just easier...more comfortable. If one gets over the initial effort to get used to 3PP:off it is at least(!) as enjoyable as with enabled 3PP.

It's not unfair, since it is a legit game feature which everyone could utilise. There also is no unfair advantage because walls are there for everyone and you can counter that with superior moving tactics.

Please Ken, do everyone here a favour and refrain from posting on this issue ever again! This has been explained a million times here and in the other thread a couple of months ago, which you've single handedly kept alive for more than 100 pages with your inability to acknowlede even the most obvious arguments.

According to your logic using hacks would be fair because everybody could use them. So think about that and stop posting. Most importantly, stop posting!

How is this thread even going when there are first person only servers, and the fpo servers will be getting their own database?

Because the solution provided is not completely satisfying. It's like a bandage and some morphine. Helps to relieve the pain to some extent but the wound is still open.

• Like 3

Please Ken, do everyone here a favour and refrain from posting on this issue ever again! This has been explained a million times here and in the other thread a couple of months ago, which you've single handedly kept alive for more than 100 pages with your inability to acknowlede even the most obvious arguments.

According to your logic using hacks would be fair because everybody could use them. So think about that and stop posting. Most importantly, stop posting!

Unless this is your private forums, this doesn't work that way, tommes.

Because the solution provided is not completely satisfying. It's like a bandage and some morphine. Helps to relieve the pain to some extent but the wound is still open.

So how exactly is there a problem, if there are servers that are first person only and there will be a separate database for the first person only crowd down the line?

in game feature = third party script. if anyone should stop posting its people like you.

• Like 2

So how exactly is there a problem, if there are servers that are first person only and there will be a separate database for the first person only crowd down the line?

Stop feeding it, for the love of God the troll has grown strong in Tommes over the past 100+ pages of multiple topics he flames on. Who cares if he views the issues the way he does, he is not a developer and no matter how much whine comes from him and a few others they have zero control over removing a feature. 

There is a problem because he wants there to be a problem since he enjoys arguing over an issue that has already been solved. He is the type of person who thinks his opinion equals a fact, there is no way to have a constructive conversation with someone who takes that approach so why even bother?

Call me when the developers seriously discuss removing third person, everything else is just annoying noise rehashing old arguments. 

On a side note I am actually enjoying the first person only servers since I recently rebuilt my computer and the game runs incredibly smooth. I guess everyone who wants first person only should buy everyone high end graphic cards and new processors so this can be universally enjoyed (the game and engine remains clunky though as many have pointed out). 

• Like 1

I think that all the 3rd person viewers are just scared, because they couldn't use their little tricks.   <_<  

Lol, trust me, I use the 3rd person "over the wall" crap all the time.  However, I tried 1st person only the other night and it wasn't too bad at all.  Just gotta get used to it, which doesn't take long. 

Oh and let me tell you, the scare factor was so much more!  Lol, it's pretty freaky going into town not having 3rd person man.  Kind of brought back the old feeling of DayZ from when I first played!

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 1

I think that all the 3rd person viewers are just scared, because they couldn't use their little tricks.   <_<  

Lol, trust me, I use the 3rd person "over the wall" crap all the time.  However, I tried 1st person only the other night and it wasn't too bad at all.  Just gotta get used to it, which doesn't take long. 

Oh and let me tell you, the scare factor was so much more!  Lol, it's pretty freaky going into town not having 3rd person man.  Kind of brought back the old feeling of DayZ from when I first played!

Yup im scared because I dont want to play with the shitty field of view, if you guys were as "hardcore" as you say you wouldnt turn your headbob down or use the zoom in eyes because your realism is super important~

• Like 1

Yup im scared because I dont want to play with the shitty field of view, if you guys were as "hardcore" as you say you wouldnt turn your headbob down or use the zoom in eyes because your realism is super important~

Well, i turn the head bob down a little because the default is too crazy.  I'm not a plastic toy that sits on a dash board of a car. 

Remove the zoom in eyes bro, I'll play without it too!  COME AT ME!   :beans:

• Like 2

Well, i turn the head bob down a little because the default is too crazy.  I'm not a plastic toy that sits on a dash board of a car. 

Remove the zoom in eyes bro, I'll play without it too!  COME AT ME!   :beans:

Turning down headbob, your so hardcore~

• Like 1

Yeeeees! Keep beating that dead old horse! 

It will continue to be beat until the exploit that is 3rd person view is fixed or removed.

Well, i turn the head bob down a little because the default is too crazy. I'm not a plastic toy that sits on a dash board of a car.

Remove the zoom in eyes bro, I'll play without it too! COME AT ME! :beans:

So you are finally playing on 1st person locked server? I feel lile we have some progression here.

So you are finally playing on 1st person locked server? I feel lile we have some progression here.

No Sir.  I literally just forced myself to play in first person.  I still had the option to switch the third.

Edited by twinturbonet

Because the real issues are 1PP isn't as good as it should be AND 3PP does bad things to gameplay. Dividing the player base might be a viable short term solution to take some steam out of the discussion, but in the long run 3PP should be fixed as well as 1PP improved. Then we could all play together again in relative peace and get back to killing each other fair and square.

Because the real issues are 1PP isn't as good as it should be AND 3PP does bad things to gameplay. Dividing the player base might be a viable short term solution to take some steam out of the discussion, but in the long run 3PP should be fixed as well as 1PP improved. Then we could all play together again in relative peace and get back to killing each other fair and square.

using in game feature = not playing fair this community is really odd at times.

• Like 1

Call me when the developers seriously discuss removing third person...

And once more for the ones late to the party:

Rocket confirmed that there's an issue with 3PP back in September and he promised to do something about it namely fixing 3PP. He even stated that they were already looking into how they actually do it.

I'm aware of the fact that I'm not a developer and have no power over the game. So what? I don't matter here. If you have a problem with what I'm saying, attack that! You can't hit me with anything else. I'm like a ghost. You can't hurt me inside the matrix.

Let's take out the zoom! Please do! As long as you guys have to stop petting your new found bullshit argument everything is fine. Never missed zoom in other FPS. Can easily deal with that, especially with the taste of 3PP lovers tears in my mouth. Oh, so sweet!

Edited by tommes

And once more for the ones late to the party:

Rocket confirmed that there's an issue with 3PP back in September and he promised to do something about it namely fixing 3PP. He even stated that they were already looking into how they actually do it.

I'm aware of the fact that I'm not a developer and have no power over the game. So what? I don't matter here. If you have a problem with what I'm saying, attack that! You can't hit me with anything else. I'm like a ghost. You can't hurt me inside the matrix.

Clearly 3rd person (as it is now) is flawed. You can see through walls and get this strange ability to peer over walls and get a type of birds eye view. I really enjoy third person because in this type of game...you need it. However, many people don't like the advantage it gives other players. 

I really don't mind if they nerf third person view as long as they don't remove it completely. I never use it to get an advantage over players. I like to use it for screenshots and when I run long distances. I get bad headaches in first person. The FOV slider helps a lot but it also makes the game look very, very weird. 

Let's take out the zoom! Please do! As long as you guys have to stop petting your new found bullshit argument everything is fine. Never missed zoom in other FPS. Can easily deal with that, especially with the taste of 3PP lovers tears in my mouth. Oh, so sweet!

Ugh, I hate zoom. The fact that I can make my FOV very small then zoom in and have a huge visual advantage over another player is a joke. it turns my ironsight into a scope pretty much. Super human and super stupid. It gives a camper a huge advantage over a player that isn't using the same settings. A player running would never use the same settings as someone sniping in this context. If there was a way to quickly alter your FOV without opening the menu then I could see it being more balanced...but as it is now. No way. 

Edited by The_Man
  • Like 1

using in game feature = not playing fair this community is really odd at times.

And where is your argument? Feature is in the game -> we want to get it out of there. 

Fair is the wrong word. It's about combat not beeing totally ridiculous and against common sense any more. That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less. And your clinging to a feature, meant to relieve the stress of beginners and other low skilled players, is purely pathetic.

This version of third person isn't final and Rocket is aware of the advantage it holds. Can someone answer me this; how do you beat third person WITH third person? Since it's apparent that it's a fair and level playing field with it enabled.

cgtt.png

• Like 1

And where is your argument? Feature is in the game -> we want to get it out of there. 

Fair is the wrong word. It's about combat not beeing totally ridiculous and against common sense any more. That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less. And your clinging to a feature, meant to relieve the stress of beginners and other low skilled players, is purely pathetic.

no its more along the lines of "I dont enjoy this feature that the majority of players are fine with so I should force everyone to play the way I want because my way is better!" go play on the soon to be dead first person only servers and have "fun" changes need to be made to how the camera interacts along walls and such, not the removal of the feature as a hole.

Edited by Gerandar
  • Like 1

Ugh, I hate zoom. The fact that I can make my FOV very small then zoom in and have a huge visual advantage over another player is a joke. it turns my ironsight into a scope pretty much. Super human and super stupid. It gives a camper a huge advantage over a player that isn't using the same settings. A player running would never use the same settings as someone sniping in this context. If there was a way to quickly alter your FOV without opening the menu then I could see it being more balanced...but as it is now. No way. 

I don't see that big an advantage here. But let's keep that zoom discussion to somewhere else. It has nothing to do with 3PP enabled or not other than some guys utilizing it as a shield against sensibility.

• Like 1