rocket

Security Vulnerabilities fixed by Patch #2 and Character wipe

good job! i never see a game with this support 2 patch in less than a week !

Bunch of wasted time for a lot of people. Can't wait for the next update to see it erase everyones character they spent hours on gearing up. This is why you didn't make more money off this game. Broken promises, a bugged out alpha you should have released months ago if it was going to be just like the mod when it first came out. You learn how to fix bugs from people using your software, not lab testing a game with a certain group of people who couldn't figure out the basic fixes so this type of things wouldn't happen cause in the end it destroys your BRAND and makes you guys make less and less money. Much like when the mod had it's issues and it left a sour taste in many gamers mouths until things got fixed. Even though I'm pissed I lost my character, keep up the good work.

..but Rocket told you "dont buy the fcuknig game, because it will be wipes it will be bugs it will make you go into corner and cry like b**** because you are going to loose your m4 and your can opener"

yea thats exactly wat he said ! .. I think

Oh and I forget to tell, I wasnt wiped, only lost a balistic helmet and a soda.

Edited by Nienko

lazy2guns and semipr0 tag teaming this thread and these idiots just keep falling for it.

Edited by shamE
  • Like 2

Right, so instead of implementing a "MMO framework" your plan was to "leave it as is" and slowly plug holes under the pretense/shield of "it's Alpha!". Yeah, nah. I loved the mod, I had great hopes for this game last year but I'm glad I didn't buy nor will I likely ever, especially if this "Alpha" is expected to last up to a year. Trial & error isn't how you write server software. Cheers.

Its been done this way before successfully but you're clearly a troll by name and the fact you've repeatedly flamed already 

Can't make fix an omelette without fucking off breaking a few eggs. 

It's an Alpha, so I really that's what to expect, not a problem Rocket ^^ 

Thanks Rocket for wiping :) Was over geared and ran out of things to do. Now i get the joy of refinding it all (actually serious)

Though must ask. Will you sort the timezone issue? Kinda gave up yesterday with steam being douches. And dont want to wait until weekend before i get to see this in daylight

Thanks for this update, hoping to get more into the game now. :)

a database wipe will at least prun the clutter from my messy inventory.

nothing wrong with that, i highly encourage frequent database wipes.

it currently takes me about 30-60 minutes to gear up with everything i need.

it's my honor to donate this time towards developmment of the best game ever played.

:beans: :thumbsup: B) :beans:

Edited by Azrail

I'll be the first to say it, me and my friend didn't get wiped. We crashed (I'm assuming that was the wipe) but we both logged back in and we have all of our stuff still (and I just read this post and logged back in and still have my stuff) so.... I dunno

Happened to me and my friend too...   

Fix EUW

But seriously now, I hope that the Servers will run more smoothly now :$

Don't really understand what the fuss is all about (well kinda I do, but it was to be expected)

The spawn on the beach and wonder arround was and still is the best part of the game for me, so I don't really mind...

All Hackers have small penises. So yes - do EVERYTHING you can to stop these bitches from ruining our gaming experience!

Once upon a time... When games were being developed, they invited people as beta testers, to find bugs and such before the actual release. But before a Beta comes out, you have an Alpha. And during the Alpha, you had a glitchier, buggier, less content filled and basically a rough draft of a game.

Imagine the game being a painting. And you start out with a sketch on canvas. Then you start to fill in the lines. When that's done, you start to add in colour. Then comes the details and shadowing. And so on...

DayZ SA right now... is a sketch of a sketch.

People that complains about losing your character and gear due to a character wipe. If you can't understand that this will happen over and over again until the full release of the game... Uninstall it and go play with yourself in the closet instead. Rocket never said that the game was finished. In fact, you should've read up on WHAT an alpha is before you even bought it.

This happens with every game that gets an early release nowadays... A lot of snotfilled pimplefaced kids have an aneurysm because they can't admit that they didn't read the terms before they begged their mother/father for money to get a game that's not finished in long ways.

So please, all of you complainers, shut the cluck up and get the fudge out! Because you're not welcome here!

If you find bugs, report them, if you find someone scripting/cheating, report them and what they're doing. If you find glitches, report them.

By reporting them, the team will be able to fix it.. But spazzing out because the game isn't fully developed won't do anything to fix it.

Learn to read before you sign a contract (Throw money at someone), otherwise, you won't get far in life.

Have a nice day.

xo xo xo

wohoo great to see that you fellas are really working that hard on fixing stuff! 

I mean it looks like you are working from 8 - 24h everyday ??

You made a fantastic ground work, even this basic game is unbelieveable great!

I am excited for more!

Right, so instead of implementing a "MMO framework" your plan was to "leave it as is" and slowly plug holes under the pretense/shield of "it's Alpha!". Yeah, nah. I loved the mod, I had great hopes for this game last year but I'm glad I didn't buy nor will I likely ever, especially if this "Alpha" is expected to last up to a year. Trial & error isn't how you write server software. Cheers.

Why is this plonker still not banned?

Maybe him being a troll is so damn obvious, that one has to ask if someone making it that obvious can really be one...

I mean... using a user-name that refers to rockets username, just to complain, suggests that he is one of the kids who does not get enough allowance to buy it on their own and hate having to wait for christmas.

Damn.. I just realized that I should enjoy dayz before christmas.. it's going to be hell after that. 

Think this topic should get back on the game, and not negative individuals. Great work so far Rocket and co. 

• Like 1

thankyou and shame on all the server hopping combat logging b*tches that are moaning!

Probably because ha hasn't broken any forum rules (not that I knoe)? Free speach and all, banning a crtitic, even if he may be a total a*****, does no good