rocket

Security Vulnerabilities fixed by Patch #2 and Character wipe

If you want me to take you seriously, have the common decency not to mock me with your username.

Don´t feed the troll.

Understandable, I can expect this from an alpha, do what you gotta do to keep the heckers out

Same here Rocket do what u have to after all is call Alpha for a reason  :beans:  :thumbsup:  :beans:

Edited by saiyanghost

-.-. Anyone who read my post would understand that "I knew something like this would happen". I think that is all I need to say here. You create a problem and complain about it, rather than reading my post that obviously states that I understood and accepted the disclaimer when I load the game. I only said that it was annoying never the less, and that I would like them to fix it. What is wrong with a bug report?

To be fair, 'I knew this would happen, but I ignored that and find it annoying, please fix it' is neither a bug report nor particularly helpful feedback.

The developers are obviously aware of the issue and are obviously working hard on fixing it - whilst 'it's an Alpha' is not the shield from all criticism that some think it is, complaining about a known issue because you lost a few hours' play is hardly going to earn you an awful lot of agreement.

• Like 2

Well, everyone should've expected that before buying the game.

Even though if you didn't remove the loot, the characters would've died when their times has come :)

I'm sorry this is by far the dumbest post I've read in the history of these forums and that is saying a lot. Look, I get it, you're not a programmer, you're the game designer. You come up with some solid ideas. But fucking hell man what on god's earth are you talking about?

dude where is your game. id like to play it, sounds realy like you know what your doing....

• Like 1

Right, so instead of implementing a "MMO framework" your plan was to "leave it as is" and slowly plug holes under the pretense/shield of "it's Alpha!". Yeah, nah. I loved the mod, I had great hopes for this game last year but I'm glad I didn't buy nor will I likely ever, especially if this "Alpha" is expected to last up to a year. Trial & error isn't how you write server software. Cheers.

Well this guy is not necessarily smart if he doesnt understand how an "Alpha" works. Alpha is a testing phase, the core architecture is what they are focused on and will be patching the issues that didnt present themselves during the initial development phase. These issues very well could not show themselves until the interaction hits a programming loop creating problems that were unknown. We get to see the game come together and that for me is worth every penny I spent. Atleast they actually let you get into the server compared to EA and their "finished" releases. We all know when they release a game, the servers were never tested properly/thoroughly so you end up with huge amounts of downtime.

To Rocket and team, thank you for taking your time developing this and providing the Alpha release. I have more than enjoyed my time and am still playing when I can. Keep up the good work and I have confidence the game will be amazing once completed.

But I had just found some water purification tabs...damn you hackers!

Keep up teh good work Rocket.

What are you trying to say? That because other companies are also making rubbish mistakes that it's okay for other companies to as well? This is kind of WHY every company is labeling EVERYTHING as "early access".

I want someone here to tell me why any game developer wouldn't want to label their game as early access. It boosts sales. It boosts customer satisfaction. The reality is that "early access" has zero meaning at this point, and neither does "indie" when a game made by a company with 200 employees can label their game as such simply because they are their own publisher.

Then join his team AND help him not make these mistakes.... Sorry what you don't know how to do what they are doing??? but you know how to bitch about it from your armchair.

Just like every other waste of space on this planet, it's easy to see what someone has done wrong from a distance and in hindsight but none of you windbags are prepared to actually do something constructive about it. Now I am not saying you can't ask questions, query why a decision was made, etc. BUT I am saying make it constructive, give a hand to the person who is making something for you, post what issues there are and if you know better, suggest what they can do to fix the fucking problem, don't just come onto a forum and dribble shit like some 5 year old child.

I am yet to see any game be perfect, No that is not an excuse to say it's ok for anyone to release garbage, but in reality the fucking so called "EXPERTS" who give their shitty opinion on how X company is doing everything wrong in making their game, but not once ever offering some advice on how to do things better and the method needed, prove they don't really know shit about the subject themselves and are just useless windbags.

If you don't like the game DON'T FUCKING PLAY IT!!! and let people who want to play it enjoy it and assist the creator in making it better.

This goes for everything in life not just gaming.

So offer advice and constructive criticism, if he disregards it and ignores it then you have something to complain about, But until them SHUT YOUR WINDBAG FACE and eat some beans

• Like 1

Bunch of wasted time for a lot of people. Can't wait for the next update to see it erase everyones character they spent hours on gearing up. This is why you didn't make more money off this game. Broken promises, a bugged out alpha you should have released months ago if it was going to be just like the mod when it first came out. You learn how to fix bugs from people using your software, not lab testing a game with a certain group of people who couldn't figure out the basic fixes so this type of things wouldn't happen cause in the end it destroys your BRAND and makes you guys make less and less money. Much like when the mod had it's issues and it left a sour taste in many gamers mouths until things got fixed. Even though I'm pissed I lost my character, keep up the good work. 

Haha the rocket said NOT TO BUY THE GAME... haha gotcha!  silly, sooky bum ! ! where do you get this sense of entitlement ?!

• Like 1

Glad to see your making it harder for hackers and scripters. Keep up the good work Rocket. 

And for all the people complaining about the wipe. Issues with the servers and security on this level can't be tested without a decent number of players playing on them. It's an alpha things like this are bound to happen. 

• Like 1

I cant even believe that this is an issue to people.. The people that are complaining about this wipe are most likely to be the ones downloading hacks from websites in the near future.. Those of you who love Dayz like I do know that this is not even a bump in the road. This game is just as fun having 0 gear is it is being fully loaded. This is a zombie SURVIVAL GAME! Get used to having nothing and scavenging to survive. 

My thoughts exact! I'm baffled by all the complaints. Not even a bump in the road is a great way to put it. How many times are we all gonna get kitted up and die anyway, respawn get kitted up and get murdered - respawn gear up and fall off a ladder? Etc etc and so on. Finding the gear in the first place is part of the fun.

As the devs say, don't get attached to your kit in DayZ. 

Even if that wasn't the case they did the wipe for a good reason. 

End of story. Stop complaining. Stop crying over spilt milk. 

Haha the rocket said NOT TO BUY THE GAME... haha gotcha!  silly, sooky bum ! ! where do you get this sense of entitlement ?!

Tell me about it liquidcactus, I am so sick of these entitled little shits. I am actually so ashamed to call myself a gamer, the type of person who is identified as a gamer these days are spoiled little selfish shit bags who thinks everything should be given to them on a silver platter and for free. I know not every gamer is like that, but it sure feels like it is.

• Like 1

Let me guess, you're a Republican. Because your lack of comprehension is mind boggling. Also you argue like one. Your username is a perfect reflection.

Just a clear and honest review of the current alpha is miles ahead of the mod. Thank you for not participating and tainting the pool.

Actually he would more be in line with being democrat... self entitled, myopic vision, condescension et.al...

• Like 1

Bunch of wasted time for a lot of people. Can't wait for the next update to see it erase everyones character they spent hours on gearing up. This is why you didn't make more money off this game. Broken promises, a bugged out alpha you should have released months ago if it was going to be just like the mod when it first came out. You learn how to fix bugs from people using your software, not lab testing a game with a certain group of people who couldn't figure out the basic fixes so this type of things wouldn't happen cause in the end it destroys your BRAND and makes you guys make less and less money. Much like when the mod had it's issues and it left a sour taste in many gamers mouths until things got fixed. Even though I'm pissed I lost my character, keep up the good work. 

Return the game on Steam and do us all a favour.

• Like 5

Actually he would more be in line with being democrat... self entitled, myopic vision, condescension et.al...

Lol, Such ignorance on these forums.  That's not a description of republicans or democrats, it a description of narrow minded, uninformed, overly zealous voters who happen to occupy the democratic and republican parties equally... 

• Like 6

Lol, Such ignorance on these forums.  That's not a description of republicans or democrats, it a description of narrow minded, uninformed, overly zealous voters who happen to occupy the democratic and republican parties equally... 

Exactly, the most accurate description of the average 'citizen' of the world that can 'vote' (not even exclusive to US political parties)... and most forum posters...

As implied by your post... everyone else is ignorant, but you Sir are above that ignorance. :D

Right, so instead of implementing a "MMO framework" your plan was to "leave it as is" and slowly plug holes under the pretense/shield of "it's Alpha!". Yeah, nah. I loved the mod, I had great hopes for this game last year but I'm glad I didn't buy nor will I likely ever, especially if this "Alpha" is expected to last up to a year.Trial & error isn't how you write server software. Cheers.

You've clearly never worked in the gaming industry before.

Sometimes I feel like we should be like WarZ/BIS forums and just ban all the whiners.

This isn't a review site, but a forum ffs.

• Like 5

Do you feel that the security level at the moment is adequate, or will it be an ongoing improvement

He said IN the OP that there will be ongoing improvement to fix unforeseen problems (as it was adapted from the ArmA engine, there's issues that are ArmA 2-specific no longer needed for DayZ that weren't coded out correctly and were exploited, making this patch necessary)

They got money, 1 year pay off = no more updates, enjoy your SA!

shut up

• Like 1