rocket

Security Vulnerabilities fixed by Patch #2 and Character wipe

You were aware of this before you bought it. Now piss off.

Do you have nothing better to say ?

Look next time before you make such a comment, the guy is banned anyhow.

My character was wiped again, twice in one day?

How many wipes are you guys doing?

Not an official answer but my guess is quite a few wipes will happen during the early Alpha process. It is not a feature complete game and bugs, exploits, and unfortunately hacks will show up that require wipes. 

• Like 2

Right, so instead of implementing a "MMO framework" your plan was to "leave it as is" and slowly plug holes under the pretense/shield of "it's Alpha!". Yeah, nah. I loved the mod, I had great hopes for this game last year but I'm glad I didn't buy nor will I likely ever, especially if this "Alpha" is expected to last up to a year.Trial & error isn't how you write server software. Cheers.

Good, now we won't have to listen to your shit finally.

I cant even believe that this is an issue to people.. The people that are complaining about this wipe are most likely to be the ones downloading hacks from websites in the near future.. Those of you who love Dayz like I do know that this is not even a bump in the road. This game is just as fun having 0 gear is it is being fully loaded. This is a zombie SURVIVAL GAME! Get used to having nothing and scavenging to survive. 

• Like 2

Were there any other patch notes or was this the only thing that was done?

And no, I didn't meant it to sound like this was trivial and didn't need attention. I'm just curious.

Edited by Shock4ndAwe

I like the wipes,

Last night,

I completed the game by getting all the best Loot in 8 Hrs.!

Also, Zombie killed counter would be neat to have,

I sent all Zombies to Hell,

They disappear before i could loot them though,

I hope he puts better loot on them like drinks/food,

so when you have no hope you can kill Zombies for it.

Also,

I think Dean needs to add very Rare items,

like night vision,

TWS, AS50,

or something else highly valued!

Finding a TWS/or GPS was what kept me going in the MOD!

Keep the DieHards going!

Edited by iDash

I mean, obviously this game is all about dying, and starting over again, but it's a double-down situation when the game mechanics and the dev staff are doing it simultaneously.  I get it though...

-_-) I understand the value of this but cannot help but be dissapointed. I really wanted to see how long my first character could last. I was already 2 days in with a m4a1, sidearm, gasmask, huge pack, and tons of provisions.

Guess I will never know.

If you wanted to get all emotional with your first character and do that stuff wouldn't it have been better to wait for the finished game?

All I can say is I am very sad to lose all my gear (I have gotten it all back and more). I love the mod and support them still, but I have got to say I have totally sunk some serious game time into Alpha and still loving it! Rocket keep up the good work, screw the idiots who hate such a beautiful thing. I am upset you took so long but the pay off is so worth it. I cannot wait to see what else you bring into the game, reset it as many times as you need to keep making this thing even more perfect than it already is!

My only problem with this approach (fixing security wholes without punishing hackers) is that it only encourages them to keep trying to find new wholes... becomes a cat/mouse game that the mouse will always be a step ahead. The only way to stop hacking is to punish hard the ones that are doing it.. that way they won't risk trying new ways to hack since they could eventually be caught and punished for it...

It is an alpha...  they want the hackers trying to break things!  It is called testing.  Let the hackers do what they can now so it can get addressed.  If they banned all the hackers from testing, most bugs/glitches and backdoors would get missed.  I have closed alpha/beta tested with several people who where only there to try and hack/expliot.

Played on a few different servers yesterday, no character whipes anymore (at least for me)! 

Game feels alot more stable already compared to the day of release! 

Good work guys!  :beans:  :thumbsup:

Edited by Slartybartfast

for people who complain: just die. dont play the game. Same goes for the KOSers and Campers.

If you bought the pre-access just to play the game, your doing it wrong. The game as it is now, is for testing and improving. If you wanna be a douchebag and camp on spawns, KOS or anything in that kind of gameplay, go play the mod please. I found some bugs and im going to all the simulair locations in the game to discover if its that specific thing that causes it. though i get shot all the time, so i cant check it.

Im a starting game developer myself, and I hate it when pleople complain about my game when i ask them to test it. Rather give feedback ffs.

Dont forget this game is about surviving, sure killing people is part of it. But use it as last resort please.

d=(^-^)z  to rocket and the team! You're doing great.

Edited by Aeregon

Haha he's telling rocket how to make dayz better with examples and his own dayz competition. Look out! On another note you rock rocket (see what i did there?) and you've been incredibly honest and we know why you put the alpha out early. It's cuz you love your fans and you know we were getting restless waiting for a taste. (Tastes finger licking good!)

Ppl being pissy about dying in a pretty hardcore survival simple need to do two things: Google survival and Google survival. It's pretty simple get used to dying. Server wipes are just part of alpha testing.

Well, I had a character that, albeit maybe 80% dead, had finally found soo much gear, I was stocked with a M4A1 with 2 mags and 70 bullets. But this is an Alpha, everyone who complains: This was to be expected. Expect the database to wipe because of a new update that fucks it all up, expect it again to be wiped when a map-overhaul comes out etc. !

There is this little thing where you have to click " In understand" when you enter the game. READ that....

That being said, I think this was sending a message to the hackers, too: They are not welcome. And will be even less so by the Community, because they might mess up the game so much, it needs to restart for everyone. Now, it was only the first week, so everyone stop complaining and get some beans! ;-)

Did anyone here not get wiped? I spawned with all my gear that I collected on the 18th just fine.

i know wrong topic but can we have a loot cycle put inn there is nothing spawned in game if you join after a server has been up a wile it makes game play impossible spend half the time starving and trying to find water it like playing sims :)  like the rest of the game tho good job  

Im loving this game, feels all new and its not even finished yet.

Rocket on.

Logged on today and my character was as left on release day?

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

I had an almost perfect character until I decided to join a server that didn't seem to be fragnet, vilayer or mpgs. This apparently wiped my character. Sort of annoying after spending 6 hours getting all the supplies, but I knew something like this would happen. Just fix these random wipes or delete servers that wipe players (It didn't seem as if a patch had wiped me, it was just random).

I'm with CptHomer above. I left to go take care of the snow buildup on my driveway, got back, logged into another server, and my character was wiped. =(

I had an almost perfect character until I decided to join a server that didn't seem to be fragnet, vilayer or mpgs. This apparently wiped my character. Sort of annoying after spending 6 hours getting all the supplies, but I knew something like this would happen. Just fix these random wipes or delete servers that wipe players (It didn't seem as if a patch had wiped me, it was just random).

Too freakin bad...jesus. Don't buy an alpha ever again. Do you even read the message that comes up every time you load the game?

Seriously, you people are ridiculous. It's been said so many times that things are not stable and will likely change. That's what being part of an alpha is.

• Like 4

Too freakin bad...jesus. Don't buy an alpha ever again. Do you even read the message that comes up every time you load the game?

Seriously, you people are ridiculous. It's been said so many times that things are not stable and will likely change. That's what being part of an alpha is.

-.-. Anyone who read my post would understand that "I knew something like this would happen". I think that is all I need to say here. You create a problem and complain about it, rather than reading my post that obviously states that I understood and accepted the disclaimer when I load the game. I only said that it was annoying never the less, and that I would like them to fix it. What is wrong with a bug report?