Blade4777980

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet? [With Developer responses]

Yes but for every story like that there are 100 of people getting screwed over by bugs (to be expected).

Yesterday a few of my friends came across some people at Balota airfield, they opened fire and we returned. We killed them both. They combat logged and their bodies disappeared and 20 seconds later they were back in game alive with all their gear shooting at us again. We killed them again, they combat logged, they logged back in 20 seconds later with all their gear... Then they killed me. I sat staring at my death screen in disbelief for 10 seconds, then I relogged expecting to start over... Nope, I was alive with all my gear. If this does not sound like the Dayz you want to play then don't buy this yet.

You guys are obviously part Khajit, and have 9 lives each.

Id say wait afew months or a month atleast, If I beat it, and got almost every loot there is in the game in a matter of 5-8 hours... its not worth it yet... maybe ina few weeks it will be? But as of now... no.

Hey man I'm new where did you server hop to get the loot I need that?

It's DayZ so you should already be used to crazy bugs.

There is loot to find people to kill and it is miles ahead of the mod in terms of animations, the map, the zombie ai, and even just basic walking around.

Just those last 4 things alone make it already better than the mod IMO. This Rocket guy doesn't know what he's talking about ;D

• Like 1

It's DayZ so you should already be used to crazy bugs.

There is loot to find people to kill and it is miles ahead of the mod in terms of animations, the map, the zombie ai, and even just basic walking around.

Just those last 4 things alone make it already better than the mod IMO. This Rocket guy doesn't know what he's talking about ;D

Who are you, and what have you done to the real Weedz?! IMPOSTOR IMPOSTOR!

Changed your mind? ;)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154659-jesus-f-christ-i-cant-take-it-anymore/?p=1550798

Depends if you can hold out.

The longer you wait the better your first experience with the game will be.

If you have friends currently playing... don't hold out, it's very much fun with your friends.

Who are you, and what have you done to the real Weedz?! IMPOSTOR IMPOSTOR!

Changed your mind? ;)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154659-jesus-f-christ-i-cant-take-it-anymore/?p=1550798

Didn't say I didn't like it and wasnt having fun I said it was more expensive than it should have been and rocket probably didn't even want to release it in its current state.

This isn't even really the standalone yet this is testing how the network handles the flood of tons of players at the same time. They are also already patching turning stuff on.

That post was also 2 days ago before I actually got In and played a lot and saw that people crying about there being no loot or zombies we're completely wrong.

Edited by Weedz

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

It's got some bugs here and there and isn't fully fleshed out but it's massively playable for an alpha.

loot isnt respawning!! (only after a server restart) is this a bug? or supposed to be? i hope its a bug cuz it makes it pointless to loot anything near the ocean

I hope in a month or so every major game-braking bug will be fixed.Then i'll buy it. I love dayZ but i don't want to ruin my experience by stupid deaths or loot dissapear

Edited by RespawnCake

loot isnt respawning!! (only after a server restart) is this a bug? or supposed to be? i hope its a bug cuz it makes it pointless to loot anything near the ocean

It doesn't respawn like it did in the mod so no its not a bug, it stops loot farming which to me is a good thing. I'm not sure if it never respawns though. You can miss all the coastal buildings if you want, if enough players do that, I should find all I need on the coast.

I've never been the type to kamikaze a group of people just to start over, but I did exactly that today. There's not much to do once you're geared right now, but it's MUCH MORE FUN getting that gear in this game than it was in the mod. I sincerely hope that loot stays as rare as it is, and even that it becomes rarer.

DayZ SHOULD be hard-core and as unforgiving as being whacked to death by a man with a shovel who refuses to bury your corpse!

If I can run all the way from Kamyshovo to Berezino without stopping to loot food/water bottles, anyone can!

Edited by Freek314

rocket wanna say for price no ( wait for the steam Christmas sales )

WHOAAAAA

My opinion

For the current game? No

For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)

To see the game? No (you can watch streams)

To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

Um... the lead dev in the program is basically saying "don't get this game."  This doesn't really sing well with those of us who already have, are doing OK with it, and are appreciating it for what it is.  Maybe try having a little more faith in your program, if for nothing more than the people who have already spent money on it.

does that mean, that in a few weeks the price will be lower?

- kinda unfair for these ppl who are "paying" to test..

- a lower price would just increase more ppl especially ppl who may play very agressive...

the price have to be high alltime, this would prevent also ppl to cheat, because if the price is high, the risk would be also.

the price will stay the same.£19.99 on steam as the game gets better/new things get added to the game it will go up in price e.g £24.99,£29,99 something like that 

Edited by Rusty95

Id say wait afew months or a month atleast, If I beat it, and got almost every loot there is in the game in a matter of 5-8 hours... its not worth it yet... maybe ina few weeks it will be? But as of now... no.

lol don´t listen to this guy, is worth it even if we dont have much of the features the mod had( vehicles, tents and what not) but the clothing and basic survival was is there and pretty cool. Yes is in alpha but remember that your helping the devs with whatever bug you encounter, i honestly just ran into some minor bugs and they have been fixing things rather quickly

• Like 1

I've had fun so far. Hadn't played any DayZ for months as I'd grown tired of the Mod (even Epoch).

Right now some of the more immersive things which have been added to the survival aspect of the game are quite refreshing. I think I'm going to enjoy the ride while witnessing big changes come through the pipeline as I play.

It is really good and if your a Dayz fan it is worth it! But remember its still pre alpha and there are some bugs and not much to do but in my opinion its really nice and much more worth as BF4! I wish i could give Dean my money what i gave to EA for BF4 and BF4 Premium!

My opinion

For the current game? No

For the price? No (it will stay this price for some time)

To see the game? No (you can watch streams)

To participate in development? Possibly

Overall, I would not recommend it. But I think in a few weeks, it might go from "possible" to "yes" on the last one.

it is already nice and i recommend it couse its nice and you guys do a good job so far and get quick updates and listening to your people.

Is it worth buying Dayz standalone yet or should i wait for it to mature so it's less buggy and more playable??.

The only thing you should always be aware of is its still a pre alpha

Edited by Fflint

I bought Dayz yesterday and i think it is really good it is'nt that buggy exept the Loot spawns, zombie spawns and the unconcious bug is bad because you get hit by a zombie and you get knocked out.

But it is a really good game.

Edited by Blade4777980

It really is up to you, I have seen many people complaining (despite the fact that they were warned and it is an alpha.) and I've also heard a lot people having fun with it.

Me personally, I'm enjoying every minute of it. I think that the lack of loot is a good thing.

In the mod it has been quite a while since I have been able to approach a player and not get attacked on the spot.

The Mod turned in a giant death match, this is a fresh start.

The standalone really brought back the old DayZ that I loved. It truly is an awesome game.

Edited by Lordsarito
  • Like 1

It doesn't respawn like it did in the mod so no its not a bug, it stops loot farming which to me is a good thing. I'm not sure if it never respawns though. You can miss all the coastal buildings if you want, if enough players do that, I should find all I need on the coast.

Servers restart very four hours and loot and zombies will respawn with server restart. This is a good idea, it forces players to spread out to keep finding food and not just hide in one place waiting for a poor ok civ like me to jump.

One simply does not "beat" DayZ