OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

It will. About 60 FPS, expect that only in forests or small towns with objects lowered.

Edited by Just Caused

Unfortunately no. You need at least a 48X optical drive and some Freebies. 

• Like 2

No engraving?

Your computer is fine. The graphic card is a little weak and if you are byuing everyhting new you might consider the gtx 960 instead of 950. A SSD disk is also a good investment as it makes the whole computer faster. It wont increase fps though.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Alettic said:

Hello everybody! I am buying a brand new pc and am planning to play Dayz Standalone at high settings with hopefully 60 frames on more. Can somebody tell me if its possible with these specs? [...]

Please tell us you won't buy a complete-pc.

Build one yourself! It's not that hard, you learn something and you definitly will get more bang for the buck.

Also, I wouldn't buy an I5 anymore.

• Like 3

On 2/29/2016 at 8:12 AM, NewArk said:

Also, I wouldn't buy an I5 anymore.

I agree with your point about building a PC... a monkey can do it. 

But I'm not sure I'm entirely in agreement with your point about the i5- I think we're at least 2 generations of CPUs (1 upgrade cycle for many people) from games actually tapping into those expanded theoretical cores enough to say the simple quad core is too long in the tooth. Emphasis, please, on the words "I  think."

Unless you had some other reason to say this or perhaps there's an entire generation of games out there that can use 8 cores to their full potential that I'm not aware of? 

And to continue the debate (this is just a conversation- I'm not trying to say "you're wrong" I just don't agree with you- yet), there's the question about overclocking. In my experience (limited mostly to what was needed during my time folding@home) your OC speeds were more limited when you engaged the hyperthreading... not only did it use more power but higher clocks were typically less stable unless you had something more exotic than some enormous air cooled heatsink.

So I guess my question to you is would you get more benefit out of a 5ghz overclock on 4 cores or a 4.5ghz OC on an i7 with hyperthreading enabled. 

And I am literally curious since I'm pricing out a new build right now and I do have my sights firmly on another i5 CPU. The plan was to get one more and then tap into a hyperthreading CPU (or whatever new technology emerges a couple years from now) once more software has had a chance to mature to that next level. 

• Like 1

What's wrong with i5's?

The PC is looking good but your GPU as mentioned is a little weak, if you are stuck on budget consider a 290x. There is no real-world difference between that and a GTX 970 barring the price and both cards will run virtually all games in the world on max settings.

If overclocking is your thing then the new Skylakes are fantastic and you won't be disappointed with the 6600k for so many years (5+) that you will probably invest in a new PC before you notice any need for more computing power.

Also you are short-changing yourself a little on RAM, especially since it is very cheap at the moment, probably cheapest it has ever been. You should look at 16GB at least. 

Alternatively and better in my opinion;

You could go for an i7 4790k/5820k with 16GB RAM, GTX 970 or 290x with SSD for around the same or cheaper and easily match and overtake the performance above. Skylake is great but it comes at a premium and for the same price there is x99 and 1150 Intel platforms which can blow it out of the water. So unless you are getting some good price on the CPU I would forego the extra expenditures that the new platform brings and go for one of them.

Also, consider looking at 2nd hand options for your graphic card, a lot of 290x/gtx 970 out there now and many still have manufacturers warranty.

EDIT: And for the love of all that is unholy why Windows 10?!

Edit2: You know that 60 FPS is only possible in VERY favourable and particular circumstances in the game? You could have an Intel extreme 980 SLi setup and you will still hit crappy frames at times, especially in cities.

Edited by Konfucious K

with the desktop high, ultra high when the game is tweaked. Btw that video card is nice isn't it. 329ish, but its rock solid. I recommended that for all the dayz people under hardware thread.

You cant go wrong with the i5 or i7 s1151 since its the new gen Intel cpu. Enjoy it. Desktop your only upgrade is the memory go to 16gb you will be happy with that choice.

The laptop will struggle more then you will but should do ok. I recommend to beef it up to at least 8gb since most laptops only handle 8gb.

Hope that helps.

MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card

Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor

Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Will this run Dayz mid-high settings?

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition)

Gaming Chassis: CyberPowerPC X-Titan 100 MID-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Window Panel (White Color)

Laser Engraving: None

Lighting: None

Extra Case Fans: Default case fans

Noise Reduction Technology: None

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-6700K 4.00GHZ 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Skylake)

Freebies: None

Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: Deepcool Captain 120 120MM CPU Liquid Cooler (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: None

Motherboard: GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z170 SLI ATX w/ USB 3.1, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 3 SATA Express, 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2

RAM / System Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4/2800MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) (Single Card)

Sli Bridge: None

Freebies: None

Video Capture Card: None

Power Supply: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

M.2 SATA SSD: None

INTERNAL PCI-E SSD CARD: None

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Desktop

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

RAM

16 GB

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit

2560x1440

How should i setup my game settings to, for ultimate smoothness?

!Thanx!

I recently upgraded my PC since my old one crashed. I was wondering if I could run DayZ (Standalone), and if so, at what settings/frames?

GPU: GTX 750TI

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 220 2.8 GHz

RAM: 12 GB

1080P monitor, 1920 x 1200.

• Like 1

yes you can.

At what settings will be a matter of experimenting. Many topics already exist about settings, do a search.

Your settings will be in the medium range, expect fps between 25 (cities) and 80 (open country) maybe a little higher.

These are the fps I have with lower specs than you and the game performs fine with acceptable graphics.

(I have i5 @2.6 GHz, GTX 650 Ti Boost, 8 GB RAM)

For my settings and more info see:

Edited by nl

1 hour ago, Your Adept Hero said:

I recently upgraded my PC since my old one crashed. I was wondering if I could run DayZ (Standalone), and if so, at what settings/frames?

GPU: GTX 750TI

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 220 2.8 GHz

RAM: 12 GB

1080P monitor, 1920 x 1200.

That CPU is a no.

Your using ddr2, slower these days and the cpu will bottleneck with that graphics card. It will work on very low settings.

Also you would be causing server lag too. You need to swap to a new tower. I am sorry to have to say this to you.

but its a NO :(

• Like 1

I can build that unit up sometime to prove my point, i have about 12 of those cpu's in storage. It is worth buying the game just not with that computer. Save yourself some problems, and get an I5 + 900 series video cards, unless you find a beatiful gtx 780ti SC video card for cheap prices, used or new will be a few bucks.

23 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

That CPU is a no.

Your using ddr2, slower these days and the cpu will bottleneck with that graphics card. It will work on very low settings.

Also you would be causing server lag too. You need to swap to a new tower. I am sorry to have to say this to you.

but its a NO :(

I see in comparisons that my CPU is better in speed but would it really make that much difference if you keep lower settings? Or is the 4 vs dual core the main difference? His GPU should be a little faster than mine.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-750-vs-AMD-Athlon-II-X2-220

Actually, it seems overall my GTX 650 seems a little better, damn you'd think higher numbers would mean more performance ;)

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-vs-GeForce-GTX-650-Ti-Boost

Edited by nl
  • Like 1

I guess I should be more reluctant giving out these advices without doing some research. I sometimes underestimate how good a system I build for myself back in 2009.  The original system was the i5 750, 4 GB RAM and a GTS 250 with a MSI P55-GD65 MoBo and the only upgrades I did was going to 8 GB RAM and the GTX 650 Ti Boost (2 GB VRAM) and this system still runs most modern games at medium settings with acceptable fps. I also can easily OC my CPU (3.2 stable) and GPU (about 25%) but I run usually at standard speeds to not cause too much heat damage and I don't like the enhanced noise from my fans. Plus I don't have the funds at the moment to replace my rig so I am careful.

My complete system:

Midi tower:         Cooler Master HAF 922
Power:            Antec Truepower 650 W
Motherboard:        MSI P55-GD65
Processor:        Intel Core i5 750 @2.67 GHz
CPU Cooler:        Cooler Master Hyper TX3
RAM:            8GB @ 1333 mhz (4x2)(Dual Channel)(2009-2013)
Graphics:        Asus GTX 650 Ti Boost DCII OC,2GB (PCI-E 3.0)DX 11.1 (8-2013)
Sound:            Creative Audigy 2 platinum
Display:        Samsung Syncmaster P2250 (1920x1080)
SSD:            Crucial 256 GB (system)
HD:            Samsung 1 TB SATA2 HD103SJ

Edited by nl
  • Like 1

You got a good system there NL, couple tweaks and you could have it running really quick. The memory you might be able to find a pair of 8's

The video, yes i recommend finding a better one for the sake of enjoyment. The 780ti is amazing but the 900 cards are coming in really good prices.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sneakydude said:

You got a good system there NL, couple tweaks and you could have it running really quick. The memory you might be able to find a pair of 8's

The video, yes i recommend finding a better one for the sake of enjoyment. The 780ti is amazing but the 900 cards are coming in really good prices.

I am not going to invest in this system any more unless I can maybe find a really good deal on 2nd hand parts. I am hoping to replace this system within a year or 2. I expect that my current system will have no problems with Dayz once we reach 1.0 and all is optimized as it already runs decent as is.

11 hours ago, nl said:

I am not going to invest in this system any more unless I can maybe find a really good deal on 2nd hand parts. I am hoping to replace this system within a year or 2. I expect that my current system will have no problems with Dayz once we reach 1.0 and all is optimized as it already runs decent as is.

Yeah exactly, don't buy new just look for used stuff, your tower will last for awhile longer though.

16gb aim for on the new one, and maybe skip the 900 series and go into the 1000 series cards.

On 23-8-2016 at 11:02 PM, nl said:

I guess I should be more reluctant giving out these advices without doing some research. I sometimes underestimate how good a system I build for myself back in 2009.  The original system was the i5 750, 4 GB RAM and a GTS 250 with a MSI P55-GD65 MoBo and the only upgrades I did was going to 8 GB RAM and the GTX 650 Ti Boost (2 GB VRAM) and this system still runs most modern games at medium settings with acceptable fps. I also can easily OC my CPU (3.2 stable) and GPU (about 25%) but I run usually at standard speeds to not cause too much heat damage and I don't like the enhanced noise from my fans. Plus I don't have the funds at the moment to replace my rig so I am careful.

My complete system:

Midi tower:         Cooler Master HAF 922
Power:            Antec Truepower 650 W
Motherboard:        MSI P55-GD65
Processor:        Intel Core i5 750 @2.67 GHz
CPU Cooler:        Cooler Master Hyper TX3
RAM:            8GB @ 1333 mhz (4x2)(Dual Channel)(2009-2013)
Graphics:        Asus GTX 650 Ti Boost DCII OC,2GB (PCI-E 3.0)DX 11.1 (8-2013)
Sound:            Creative Audigy 2 platinum
Display:        Samsung Syncmaster P2250 (1920x1080)
SSD:            Crucial 256 GB (system)
HD:            Samsung 1 TB SATA2 HD103SJ

nice setup man.. here's mine:

Midi tower:         Cooler Master Storm Stryker
Power:            corsair enthusiast tx650 v2
Motherboard:        Gigabyte Z77-D3H
Processor:        Intel Core i5 3570K @3.4 GHz
CPU Cooler:        Antec Kuhler H2o 620
RAM:            16GB @ 1600 mhz (4x4)(Dual Channel)(2013)
Graphics:        Palit GTX 660Ti 2GB (PCI-E 3.0)DX 11.1 (8-2013)
Sound:            onboard Nvidia HD audio driver
Display:        Samsung S22C200 (1920x1080)
SSD:            Samsung 120 GB (system)
SSD2:          Samsung 256 GB (games)
HD:            Seagate 2 TB SATA (storage)

• Like 1

Desktop

Monitor resolution: 720p

CPU: athlon 64 4.1 MHz

Graphics card: Radeon HD 8470D Graphics

RAM: 8GB

SSD: 1 TB

I live in the UK and my budget is £500 for a monitor, mic, keyboard and gaming PC. Any responses on how well I can run the full version of the game will be appreciated (ie low swtting, medium, etc). Thanks

Click the link here for more details: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J5JOQF2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A17AS5ETPMZ9A1

Here is the monitor I am using (which is actually a TV): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331941374832

Edited by LizLivSan
memory

Intel Core i5 6300HQ

256 GB SSD

8 GB memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M

What settings and FPS? 

thanks!

Since that original thread is dead.

Can i run the game?

Intel Core i5 6300HQ

256 GB SSD