OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

hi, not sure if I'm posting in the right place but,

I'm about to go buy a pc within the next hour or 2 but wanting to know if anyone could give me a rough outline on what i could expect from resolution, settings and frames.

specs are

i5 2500k 3.3  ( will eventually overclock )

Gigabyte HD7950 3gb 
8gb corsair vengeance ram

thanks

• Like 1

desktop

i5 2500k 3.3ghz

Gigabyte HD7950 3gb 

​600gb western digital

need help soon as cuz I'm spuupsed to be going to buy this

I'd suggest not to expect much. Good specs you have there but DayZ doesn't run too well no matter what you've. Highest density town points 20-25fps will be the lowest fps.

• Like 1

I'd suggest not to expect much. Good specs you have there but DayZ doesn't run too well no matter what you've. Highest density town points 20-25fps will be the lowest fps.

thanks for the reply, i know its not well optimised all round but should it be able to get to 1080p with decent settings with the lowest frames of what you said in the town points? or would that be me running the game on a lower resolution at low settings ?

1080p is no problem. Things you might want to tweak depending on what look and performance you like to go in the end, are disabling shadows and lowering the object detail. AA also drops some frames so it might be better not to use it. Keeping object detail normal or low can help a lot but the lower it is the closer to a player you need to be for it to render, so you might miss a player or zombie that's couple hundred meters away from you.

• Like 1

1080p is no problem. Things you might want to tweak depending on what look and performance you like to go in the end, are disabling shadows and lowering the object detail. AA also drops some frames so it might be better not to use it. Keeping object detail normal or low can help a lot but the lower it is the closer to a player you need to be for it to render, so you might miss a player or zombie that's couple hundred meters away from you.

so all in all i should run at 1080p with medium settings? with a minimum of 20fps in built up areas? what can my average be roughly? you seem to be a lot more helpful as I'm having people on other forums telling my the pc is no good and won't run it well

so all in all i should run at 1080p with medium settings? with a minimum of 20fps in built up areas? what can my average be roughly? you seem to be a lot more helpful as I'm having people on other forums telling my the pc is no good and won't run it well

Average is hard to say really. Forest you can get stable 60fps, depending really how well your GPU handles, but when you start to see towns it starts to drop from there. The closer the town you get and then the amount of fps drop really depends how dense the town is. I'd say average 30-35fps in towns and higher density can drop even to the 20fps in some places.

2500K will run @ 3,8GHz when turbo if I remeember right and that will do OK with DayZ. I can't really remember much of a difference with overclocking in DayZ. The fps always drops like crazy.

• Like 1

Hello people!

I am new to the pc gaming community, and I recently got a new Desktop PC

Specs:

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

CPU:  AMD FX-4300 (Quad-core) 3.80 GHz

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

RAM: 16 GB

SSD? Yes (120 GB, not sure if I'm using it atm)

Windows 10

In game, I get a wide variety of frames, ranging from 18 (in towns) to ~70 (open fields, in some buildings, etc)

Is this an expected performance, or am I doing something wrong and messing up my performance?

Edited by Satori

In the forest i can get well over 200 FPS. I have seen it go up as far as 400+ in the wide open.

Normally i see 75fps, and it will drop to 45+ in large cities. If there is a bug or something going on i have seen myself get as low as 10fps. However that memory leak was sorta fixed.

System specs are

i7 s1150 3790k 4th gen

Evga gtx 780ti SC 3gb card (better then the old titan) 5th on the total list today. Ranked 2 in some other areas.

16gb Corsair ddr3

2x 120 gb SSD adata drives read 550, write 530 Mirrored.

I also have another tower that runs a small server for friends, and it plays dayz very well.

i7 s1156 3790k 3rd gen

Asus 960ti SC 4gb card

WD 1tb 7200rpm

16gb Corsair ddr3

I get anywhere from 45-60+ on most areas. I can drop to as low as 25 fps in a buggy city. Otherwise runs like a champ, just as fast as the other tower.

I have seen 200+ in the open too.

So your options are there. You do have to adjust video a ton, to make dayz feel better.

Give it time, it will be optimized in no time. Just don't use the Nvidia optimizer right now, its not ready. It also messes with settings that truly aren't perfect.

Intelicon1.png Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processoricon1.png BX80623I52500K

i5-2500K is QUAD CORE. No Hyper-Threading. Slightly slower than i7-2600K in clock speeds.
4 cores - 4 threads.

I also have that i7 2600k and it runs like a champ too. I keep all my i7 towers because they run so close to each other it isn't funny.

Screen shots of buggy UI, in cherno

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580966207

and another pic of my night time, out in the open fps.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572448916

Edited by TheSneakyDude

I should also mention this. If you can afford to put together 2 decent speed older SSD drives you can get a huge boost in performance. Like my 2x 120gb drives. Here is why.

RAID Modes

First, let’s talk about RAID 0. Technically, it’s not really RAID, since RAID 0 isn’t redundant. Instead, two drives are striped together so that reads and writes happen alternately. Both read and write performance is theoretically doubled over a single drive, but overhead does bring it down to a little under 2x speed.

Unless you absolutely, positively must have the fastest possible reads and writes, you should avoid RAID 0. If a RAID 0 array crashes, all the data is lost. The exception is SSDs, which tend to be more reliable. But even SSDs have their own share of issues, mostly with firmware problems, so it’s still possible to lose a RAID 0 array even with SSDs. If your SSDs are running solidly, though, they’ll likely run well in RAID 0 mode, too.

In game, I get a wide variety of frames, ranging from 18 (in towns) to ~70 (open fields, in some buildings, etc)

Try tweaking in the cities (always in the same place), you may be able to improve on the 18fps you now have as a rule of thumb fps drop by half (50%) when changing view from forest to cities.

i5 2500k 3.3  ( will eventually overclock )

Gigabyte HD7950 3gb

I'm running a 2500k @4.2, make sure you have a good cooler when OC'ing.

200/400 fps  :o video or it didn't happen...

• Like 1

I'm running a 2500k @4.2, make sure you have a good cooler when OC'ing.

It's not uncommon to run a 2500k as high as 4.5Ghz, it's a realy solid CPU, but yeah, you need a decent cooling solution. :)

It's not uncommon to run a 2500k as high as 4.5Ghz, it's a realy solid CPU, but yeah, you need a decent cooling solution. :)

I had it running higher (4.7?) but it would check out now and again, probably voltage settings, so I have kept it to 4.2.

Temps are lower than recommended and has never down throttled since.

I'm a reasonable man...

• Like 1

well how about this pc then, what can i be expecting from this?

Intel i7 2600k
Corsair Vengeance Red 8GB DDR3 2133Mhz
SSD HyperX Fury 120GB 500MB/s 
EVGA Geforce GTX 750ti SC 2GB

well how about this pc then, what can i be expecting from this?

Intel i7 2600k

Corsair Vengeance Red 8GB DDR3 2133Mhz

SSD HyperX Fury 120GB 500MB/s 

EVGA Geforce GTX 750ti SC 2GB

I'd go with the other build purely because the graphics card is better. If you plan on playing games other than DayZ and Arma then it will serve you better overall.

Edited by Mos1ey

I was wondering if i could run DayZ with this Windows 10 HP Pavilion Slimline Series:

Intel Celeron PJ1800

64-bit 4GB DDR3L

500GB Hard drive 

Intel HD graphics

That's all it says on the box and I didn't know if it could run the game or not. I heard the Celeron doesn't do well with DayZ or DayZ standalone. I just needed to know for sure. If someone could let me know that would be awesome.

Hey everybody

I would like to know if my notebook is abble to run DayZ on medium settings or at least run the game properly (good fps in towns and etc)

here are the specs:

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series

Intel Core i5 3230M @ 2.60GHz

8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3

Windows 8.1 64-bit

i appreciate your help!

see ya

Laptop

1366x728

8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz

No

The answer is simple, no.  I believe I've told you this already somewhere.

Laptop

1366x728

8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz

No

It will run but you will be disappointed.

Not recommended unless you have the intention to invest in another system in the future.

Topic merged.

if they're good what do i put my settings on

My specs are

Graphics Processing Type: Integrated Graphics Processor Type: AMD A8-7650K Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Series Graphics Processor Speed: 4.2GHz (Overclocked)Processor Cores: Quad Core Memory: 8GB Memory Speed: 1600MHz Hard Drive Capacity:

1TB

Hey Guys! Can i run Dayz? If i can, how much fps?

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 2,40GHz

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 640 - 1GB

RAM: 4GB

SSD? Yes/No