Now that's been answered, the next question is:

Will we see alpha in 2013 or 2014?

Now that's been answered, the next question is:

Will we see alpha in 2013 or 2014?

The date was sealed long time ago: 

34th Julember, 20*****MESSAGE BLOCKED*******

• Like 1

hi rocket

on a scale of 1 to 10, what is your favorute color????

• Like 3

Can everyone stop with the 'it really is in alpha, so lower your expectations' nonsense?

Why does everyone feel the need to wrap this game up in cotton wool before it's even out!

If people buy it and aren't happy, who gives a shit?

a) It's just a game
b) It's been said once, the onus isn't on you to reiterate it

lol, right ... why make it a goal for a new(!) game to run smoothly and with good performance ?

I am quite sure they would like to make their games run stable and with good FPS, i just think they are not capable of doing so, so they release the game anyway ..

What are you talking about? 

i5-4760k, GTX 760 twinfrzr, 8 gigabyte of ram and an Asus P67(?) Motherboard.

Arma 3 runs between 35-60 fps on singleplayer, multiplayer, missions that I host or missions that I play with a friend who is 10,000 km away.

Sorry to say it, but get a better system if you have performance issues. I don't buy a Fiat Punto and expect to outclass a Lamborghini either...

As I understand it you've been working on and off with the Arma team and this can somewhat be considered to run on an Arma 2.5 engine (correct me if I'm wrong).

That so, have you guys managed to solve the optimization issues that Arma 2 and 3 face that limit the FPS even in singleplayer without using 100% GPU, RAM, or anywhere even above 70% CPU? - it's not bottlenecked by users system specs.  This issue is even worse on servers when servers restrict frames even more (I know you're working on that aspect), but the issue for frames is in the code of the arma engine offline as well.

Keep up the good work!  (and maybe give a nudge to your Arma friends to gut their codes too…)

i5-4760k, GTX 760 twinfrzr, 8 gigabyte of ram and an Asus P67(?) Motherboard.

Arma 3 runs between 35-60 fps on singleplayer, multiplayer, missions that I host or missions that I play with a friend who is 10,000 km away.

For a PC like that the performance you are listing is pathetic. There are many other titles that look better, more demandind on hardware yet still run better. Poor optimisation is the BI way. Its up to the individual to decide if they can live with that.

• Like 1

As I understand... this can somewhat be considered to run on an Arma 2.5 engine (correct me if I'm wrong).

As far as i remember that was said to be exactly that, the arma 2.5 engine, by some of dev team. Matt or Dean, can't remember which.

As far as i remember that was said to be exactly that, the arma 2.5 engine, by some of dev team. Matt or Dean, can't remember which.

Nope. They used the "arma 2.5 engine" (from this sh*tty helicopter game) for the groundbase of the new engine. The new engine is a new engine, you can call it DayZ engine or whateverthef*ck you want to. These are just names, even the Arma 3 Engine is just a 2.0 Engine of the Arma 2 Engine. They did not do it from scratch and they don't need to. Crytek for example never did that. You have to see engine as some kind of evolutionary process. The engine turns into a new engine. Most engines of new games use a previous engine and just "evolve it". Doing it from scratch would be pointless in the most cases.

Nope. They used the "arma 2.5 engine" (from this sh*tty helicopter game) for the groundbase of the new engine. The new engine is a new engine, you can call it DayZ engine or whateverthef*ck you want to. These are just names, even the Arma 3 Engine is just a 2.0 Engine of the Arma 2 Engine. They did not do it from scratch and they don't need to. Crytek for example never did that. You have to see engine as some kind of evolutionary process. The engine turns into a new engine. Most engines of new games use a previous engine and just "evolve it". Doing it from scratch would be pointless in the most cases.

Shitty?

Take on Helicopters is an amazing game.

• Like 2

like the " core " players we in regardless of bugs .

can i ask about admin tools and what the plans for them i know you may hate my questions but admin tools are massive for dayz future . it would be great for a answer clearing up what has been asked many many times. thanks.

• Like 1

Games made by Bohemia typically look better than the vast majority of games released that year.

Just sayin'

• Like 1

vast majority of games released that year are "oldschool" graphics indie platformers so it wasnt hard task

If there's ever a year you want to gather the courage and not go back for anyone for the holiday, it's going to be this year.

This game is going to give me the genuine F***-My-Life experience.

Edited by Day Unit

Games made by Bohemia typically look better than the vast majority of games released that year.

Just sayin'

Agreed. They also offer something I haven't seen anywhere else but real life: Huge sandbox terrain. Find me another game with ARMAs scale and we'll talk

• Like 1

Will we be able to see what people submit to the feedback tracker? I think the feedback should be limited to the devs to make sure people don't use it to find glitches they can abuse.

In!

I'd love to be apart of the early-access. All these new games piss me off because it's rehashed bullshit and DayZ has truly been the only game in the past two years that I have been looking forward to.

• Like 1

It's just that BI doesn't have any good programmers, nothing more.

BIS has good programmers. They just need them more. They're hiring programmers.

I wonder why these sad, angry people still come here so frequently... Really, why?

I wonder why these sad, angry people still come here so frequently... Really, why?

Because if you go to the Bethesta forums or similar, only to moan, whine and spread disinformation, they kick you out on your ass.

I'm glad our forums here aren't as draconian, but it does mean we have to take a wee bite out of the shit sandwich every now and then.

• Like 2

I wonder how lovely Standalone will look on highest graphics.

Probably fappable.

probably bit better than the mod but i dont play it for the graphics. its hardly cutting edge.

if you want mega graphics go play crysis 3 or shyrim modded.

• Like 2

probably bit better than the mod but i dont play it for the graphics. its hardly cutting edge.

if you want mega graphics go play crysis 3 or shyrim modded.

Never played Skyrim or crysis, but arma 2 had awesome graphics. combine that with the chernorussian feel and it is unbeatable imho

Never played Skyrim or crysis, but arma 2 had awesome graphics. combine that with the chernorussian feel and it is unbeatable imho

as said if you havent played them they are light years ahead graphically but they are games that are very heavy graphics. arma 3 isnt even close to those 2 mentioned.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 1

Nice to hear from you again on the site Rocket!

Been here on and off since 100,000 players and can't wait to get my hands, and my top tier PC, on this alpha and help make it a great game and experience.