rocket

Quick update for 4 December 2013

lol, right ... why make it a goal for a new(!) game to run smoothly and with good performance ?

I am quite sure they would like to make their games run stable and with good FPS, i just think they are not capable of doing so, so they release the game anyway ..

I say that because they didn't even do half of what the DayZ developers have done. Arma 3 still runs on an outdated netcode, barely uses your CPU and GPU, and has AI that eat performance like crazy.

And ALL of that has been redone in DayZ standalone.

Edited by colekern

Dean Hall said it will be released in 2012. 2012 has a 2 in the last number. They reached 50 players in testing the game.

50 / 2 = 25.

Release = Dec 25. Christmas.

He will release it on christmas to decrease the hype for the game, lower the amount of initial players;thus, receiving less stress on the central server.

I knew it.

Edited by jackevin99999

What?!?! is it out! you better not be trolling me!

Currently in experimentals ... based on historical data, that means it will be released within the next week.

If it's worse than the mod out of the gate, it has failed.

The whole point of it is to be better than the mod...it's the sole reason it exists and if it isn't... don't release it.

Everything you write is retarded just like that avatar of yours, oh man get a life.

• Like 1

If the experience is anything like testing the Elder Scrolls Online Beta, then I may buy early. I loved sending in bugs and suggestions in the ES. Keep up the good work Rocket! There's a light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Like 3

:rolleyes:

You really shouldn't post if you aren't going to reply sensibly. 

• Like 5

Awesome news. Thanks for the update. Any chance to hear what you sever specs are.? Are you running 4 cores or more

DayZ handles a minimum of 15000 dynamic objects. This is a huge amount of things to synchronize, in a MP environment.

Huge? No, it's not. Not even close, especially for a game where the most complicated thing any object will ever do is move around.

• Like 1

It's a true-blue alpha.

Not if it's being sold. It's a modern alpha kind of in the same way a modern liberal or conservative is defined (ass backwards).

Too bad the entire map won't be available initially, oh well, still kick ass though because "tidying things up and hiding parts of the map that aren't yet functional" is the clearest sign of "habbening imminence".

Latest screen shots really show off the beauty of the new engine. I think that will be the big surprise.

I can't say I'm not a little incensed by the negativity (know it is inevitable) but after the last few pages here I'm really wishing there was a method to restrict players. If you ain't grateful for all the fun you had in the mod, if you can't prove you're a true believer, I'm at the point right now where I feel like these folks should be prevented from ever purchasing the game. Sorry to get swol, but where's the gratitude folks?

Okay, I'm over it. You may now return to your endlessly pointless semantic arguments about what is an "alpha" "beta". . .

• Like 1

and.... this thread has worked out just as some expected.  I'm glad to see ol' Gummy is still up to his usual shenanigans.

It's better than reading the same brown-nosing responses over and over.  Between here and Reddit sometimes I feel like I just want to poke myself in the eye with a spork.

Thanks for the update.

On a side note, and let me preface this by saying I have zero 'hands on' experience in game development, nor do I know how to 'code', and I am uncreative on even the most basic level. With that being said, I just don't see why I can't buy this game immediately and have it be complete.

That's just my take on things.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.

On a side note, and let me preface this by saying I have zero 'hands on' experience in game development, nor do I know how to 'code', and I am uncreative on even the most basic level. With that being said, I just don't see why I can't buy this game immediately and have it be complete.

That's just my take on things.

Because it isn't playable yet.

It's better than reading the same brown-nosing responses over and over.  Between here and Reddit sometimes I feel like I just want to poke myself in the eye with a spork.

But not better than informed and constructive criticism.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info!

I'll be checking Early Access on Steam on a daily basis now... instead of every other day up until now :) 

/offtopic

Despite the fact that I do not post much in this forum, I'm here almost every day and looking around this thread, the only thing that occurs to me is:

tumblr_m68m7tJajs1qfp7uwo1_500.gif

/backontopic

So performance is almost there... I still believe in a 2013 release.  :)

• Like 1

But not better than informed and constructive criticism.

This isn't the first time you've substituted the word "positive" with the phrase "informed and constructive".

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

This isn't the first time you've substituted the word "positive" with the phrase "informed and constructive".

:thumbsup:

See.  Classic gummy.  Never change bro.

• Like 1