rocket

Quick update for 4 December 2013

sooooo, dont buy it till after the alpha /beta :|  as seems to be being reitterated with every communication from rocket in regards to SA. How could you miss it?

Edit, i like shiny new things :D

If it isn't better than the mod, then wtf have they been working on?

If it releases and people just go back to the mod, it's a disaster, you only have one first impression.

People do not listen to alpha. beta or whatever fancy name you decided to tack on to a game you're charging for. If the game sucks, it'll die fast and no one will care....

Edited by Miffy

People do not listen to alpha. beta or whatever fancy name you decided to tack on to a game 

Therefore, due to their stupidity and inability to take it upon themselves to understand what an alpha/beta is, their opinions are rendered near-invalid. 

• Like 14

This game is going to be awesome. I'm sure there is a demographic of people like me, who believe in this game and will play it regardless of any issues. Furthermore, we will love it fully in any state that it is given to us.

Good job Rocket. I may be a little antsy to play, and biding my time impatiently, but your communication helps take away the pain.

• Like 4

Therefore, due to their stupidity and inability to take it upon themselves to understand what an alpha/beta is, their opinions are rendered near-invalid. 

noone gives a shit about their opinion, but the devs should care about the future of this game  .... and it doesn't have any, if noone plays it for long because the alpha sucks.

fucking shame how incompetent BI is.

Edited by -Leon-

noone gives a shit about their opinion, but the devs should care about the future of this game  .... and it doesn't have any, if noone plays it for long because the alpha sucks.

fucking shame how incompetent BI is.

Not sure why you need to be so aggressive.

--

You are missing my point. If the people who fail to take a few minutes to understand what an alpha and/or beta is, their opinions will be formulated upon a misconception of the game; this therefore, as I said previously, renders their opinions to everyone as near-invalid or even pointless. An opinion made out of ignorance does not help the developers. 

• Like 8

sounds like in over a year they were not able to make a descent game with stable performance.

what? are you actually serious? in that case.. it never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some people can be.

over a year... like its a long time for the development of a game.. please...

Edit: on second thought, I'll just sit this one out.

Edited by zfleming12

rocket, you are a brilliant, brilliant man...

one thing i hope you're on top of, is writing on the steam purchase page, that the game will be riddled with bugs while it's in early-access stage..

other than that, i will definitely be one of the people going into it with an open mind, and i will be playing it ALOT, doing my best to find the bugs that you need to know about.

Inception, i think you missed the point "Miffy" was trying to make.

People don't care if it's an alpha or not, they just see the game sucks and stop playing. So when the game is in beta or even finished there won't be any players left.

We all want the alpha, but i guess after a year we all expected a stable and lag-free alpha and if that's not possible, don't release or you will scare off all poptential players for the finished and working game.

Inception, i think you missed the point "Miffy" was trying to make.

I neither supported nor refuted his point, nor did I "miss" it. I was merely making a statement based off of his, for I found it to be factual.

what? are you actually serious? in that case.. it never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some people can be.

over a year... like its a long time for the development of a game.. please...

if you look at ARMA 3 you can see time isn't the issue .. game has been released after 2 - 3 years of development and still has a horrible performance. It's just that BI doesn't have any good programmers, nothing more.

And 1 years isn't that short, considering that the map and the concept already existed.

Edited by -Leon-

Dammit. It sounds like SA is getting closer and I just started getting into State of Decay. Just kidding. I would buy alpha today if it only had one gun, one bullet and one zombie. 

• Like 4

You heard it, they may stop selling keys. So forget about watching streams and let'splays. Rush and grab your copy before it's too late!

if you look at ARMA 3 you can see time isn't the issue .. game has been released after 2 - 3 years of development and still has a horrible performance. It's just that BI doesn't have any good programmers, nothing more.

And 1 years isn't that short, considering that the map and the concept already existed.

It's because with Arma 3, optimization wasn't really a goal, especially considering it has DX11.

Optimization has been one the central pillars for DayZ. It's partially why they made the new netcode. It's why they re-did zombies entirely. It's why they added the network bubble.

Considering they re-did most of the engine, yes, it is a very short time.

• Like 4

Sounds like a disclaimer for "Imminence"  :ph34r:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

UP! HE'S DENYING IT! IT MEAN ITS TRUE!

Hehehe Sorry Lok, I just wanted to be silly with ya :P

• Like 1

We're also busy hiding some areas and functions that are incomplete, as they either break or cause problems that we don't have the time to resolve before the Alpha's release.

Is there a set date for the Alpha now? Because I was sure you were taking as long as you wanted to release it.

UP! HE'S DENYING IT! IT MEAN ITS TRUE!

Is that how it works? Okay.

My penis is not massive.

OK guys, lets disembark from the hype train and get back OT. :)

It's because with Arma 3, optimization wasn't really a goal,

lol, right ... why make it a goal for a new(!) game to run smoothly and with good performance ?

I am quite sure they would like to make their games run stable and with good FPS, i just think they are not capable of doing so, so they release the game anyway ..

Oh please rocket, topday is my b-day, please just say to me if will be this year?