SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

I think everyone that posts in, and religiously checks this (and the other round up threads) on a daily basis should get an alpha invite...And all the streamers and folks from reddit shouldn't get them because that seems totally fair, right?

I am not biased in any way, shape, or form...Nope. Not at all....

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 1

I dont like how durability is showing up.

It honestly seems like after 2-3 uses the item degrades, which is just not a joy factor in the game, especially since it effects performance, i would like to see durability not be a big factor and for items to last in top quality for a long while, not for an hour (speculation)

Edit: Durability based on experience, resulting increased profiency is a cool "leveling up" idea, as long as durability become an extremely minor factor.

"Durability" as it were, should absolutely be a factor. It should be gradual, as you say. But one should have to maintain their equipment, period. It's a huge flaw of the mod that once you've got that DMR and five mags, you don't have to maintain them (thus allowing consequence-less KOSing). You can have them indefinitely. I haven't seen anything degrade in anything SA related that wasn't shot with a rifle round, so I'm not sure where you're getting the "2-3 uses" from.

They'll have to find a balance. I mean, I clean my weapons after every trip to the range and I'm not fighting for my life in a zombie apocalypse. One would think that you'd have to be cleaning your weapon as if one was in a combat environment, same applies to mags. Plus durability and degradation allows for a lot of new loot trips.

• Like 2

Perhaps weathering isn't the correct term, but I think this might be a good way of exploring plausible visual cues to indicate gradual proficiency.

As a musician, I appreciate relic instruments. Maybe you feel the same about weapons. Nice idea!

Fender_Custom_Shop_Ultimate_Relic_63_Tel

Edited by leodacosta
  • Like 3

Thanks for the link, klesh.

Apparently things only happen when I'm busy all day and can't sit on the forum.

I keep imagining logging onto this forum to see that SA has been out for like a whole day and everyone is gleefully prancing about Chernarus without me.

As a musician, I appreciate relic instruments. Maybe you feel the same about weapons. Nice idea!

Yikes! And I thought my old Telecaster was chipped...

EDIT - Just rewatched the stream. Rocket mentions "permanent items" and then goes on about how players could be able to have stashes inside of the apartment buildings.

dayum-dayum-dayum-better-speed.gif

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

DAYZ=DAY5

I'm not following...

edit: Nice pic though... where did you get this?

Edited by leodacosta

I'm not following...

edit: Nice pic though... where did you get this?

Hicks' twitter page

EDIT:  also the twitch stream is buffering super slow for me.  

Edited by Vindicator

Man, I just finished watching the entire stream.. I'M SIMPLY BLOWN AWAY.

• Like 3

Rocket says "it's happening" at 46:38, still deciding how best to exploit that.

EDIT:  also the twitch stream is buffering super slow for me.  

Use this to download the flvs then watch them in VLC. Much quicker for me, not sure why twitch is so crappy for streaming archives.

• Like 1

Twitch is uber slow, and the video download tool won't even start the download so idk :( Someone upload the whole thing to youtube PLEASE :D

Oh god it's so fucking slow, I have to wait 5 minutes to buffer 15 seconds of the video.. I blame twitch.

controllers are for consoles....

Just sayin :P

they are usually rejected by the masterrace ^^

btw, i missed the stream while i was drunk :P, makes me sad there is no recording ;(

*now there is one* NICE!

Edited by Sloddor
  • Like 1

Twitch is uber slow, and the video download tool won't even start the download so idk :( Someone upload the whole thing to youtube PLEASE :D

It doesn't start the download it gives you links at the bottom, right click them and click "Save link as..."

I'm not sure where you're getting the "2-3 uses" from.

Said it was speculation. But here, the 3 hour video he says, "As you can see my helmet is now completely worn after abit of zombie fighting"

So there.

Dyslexci pisses me off, every question he asks he elaborates on for 5 minutes, STFU.

BTW this site gives you links to the flv files on twitch. I get a lot of start-stopping on pre-recorded twitch videos for some reason so for me it's much faster downloading them with a download manager then watching them than it is watching it streamed.

That wasn't Dyslexci it was Sacriel, and yeah he is pretty annoying.

Edited by RedNome
  • Like 1

That wasn't Dyslexci it was Sacriel, and yeah he is pretty annoying.

Oops! Sorry Dyslexci whoever you are, no offence intended.

For real though, I really believe a "kick" button would come in handy, both to open doors in a faster way (making noise and possibly attracting zombies) or to kick zeds, which would be great when your magazine's out or you have no melee weapon.

Edited by Snister101

Surely everyone is impressed with the outskirts of Cherno?

That area is overwhelming.

• Like 7

Surely everyone is impressed with the outskirts of Cherno?

That area is overwhelming.

Impressed doesn't even come close to how i felt. This morning I watched the scene three or four times again, just to be sure that it's "real".

DIGJfNI.jpg

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 6