SmashT

November Round-up

For those of you who are link challenged, THIS is the video rocket just linked to last night. 

I just don't think he would do that if the release wasn't actually near. He's said multiple times before now that what they need is less hype. Why would he do something that clearly makes more of it for no good reason?

Disclaimer: Not saying it's coming out today. I'm just saying, the release is clearly imminent.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

It's going to be next week like I've said a million times already till someone shuts me up :P . 12th November!

Edited by Owain1122
  • Like 1

For those of you who are link challenged, THIS is the video rocket just linked to last night. 

I just don't think he would do that if the release wasn't actually near. He's said multiple times before now that what they need is less hype. Why would he do something that clearly makes more of it for no good reason?

Disclaimer: Not saying it's coming out today. I'm just saying, the release is clearly imminent.

i actually think THIS could backfire massively, when expectations and alpha-reality are going to collide finally ...

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2

Maybe he just tweeted it out because he found it funny. He posted the same video on his facebook page with the comment "wft?"...

i actually think THIS could massively backfire, when expectations and alpha-reality are going to collide finally ...

It's just a video, bro. People need to manage their own expectations. That isn't rockets problem. His problem is making a video game. He's got more on his plate to worry about than some people being disappointed. Many people find themselves disappointed by the mod, too. Many people find themselves disappointed by triple A titles like CoD or Battlefield, so I just don't see the point. People get disappointed by things. That's life.

Maybe he just tweeted it out because he found it funny. He posted the same video on his facebook page with the comment "wft?"...

And thereby forego every shred of credibility he has? Not likely. I know they might seem dumb sometimes, but they don't just sit around going hurrrr duurrr lets maek a video gaem lol.

Besides, Rocket has been on strict media silence for the past month to "manage the release of the Standalone" and suddenly he posts a video for shits and giggles? Again, not likely. He is very much aware of how everything he posts is going to be viciously picked apart and examined by people who are waiting for the game. He's many things, but completely fucking retarded is not one of them.

It's going to be next week like I've said a million times already till someone shuts me up  :P . 12th November!

Source?

Edited by SalamanderAnder

It's going to be next week like I've said a million times already till someone shuts me up   :P . 12th November!

Source?

I guess he just feels it that way =D

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not saying it's coming out today. I'm just saying, the release is clearly imminent

The vid is done so cheaply and rediculous that he is clearly making fun of the current hype going on for no reason.

That's the way I see it.

i actually think THIS could backfire massively, when expectations and alpha-reality are going to finally  collide ...

For those with unrealistic expectations this might certainly hold true.

MS96Uq7.jpg

• Like 4

The vid is done so cheaply and rediculous that he is clearly making fun of the current hype going on for no reason.

That's the way I see it.

He didn't make it,l it was a random DayZ follower on Reddit and Dean simply tweeted it.

• Like 1

That's the way I see it.

Dean tends to deliver the wrong message. But I thought he learned from his mistakes? I mean, clearly this tweet is very easy to misinterpret.

• Like 2

Dean tends to deliver the wrong message. But I thought he learned from his mistakes? I mean, clearly this tweet is very easy to misinterpret.

Yes but there are better "Get Hyped" vids on YT than this shitty one !

That's a funky beat!

It's a well-sampled oldschool beat for sure.

Also, he might've tweeted it solely because he found it funny.  Prior to its posting by Dean, I posted it where we're doing the testing for a laugh.  He saw it, tweeted it himself.  With that text of his in his tweet, I think he is having a go at the hype train people.  Nothing more.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 3

Yes but there are better "Get Hyped" vids on YT than this shitty one !

As I expirienced Dean, he is not that kind of person that laughs about others who fail in something. He always liked community made stuff, the video with the goat, the very bad video with the grandpa talking about DayZ etc.

All of these were not very well made, but he liked and enjoyed them anyways.

All of these were not very well made, but he liked and enjoyed them anyways.

Just like his game

OHmDBRrb.jpg

What seems to be down?

It's back up. It was down for a minute there as if there was a possible update or something but apparently not.

True the pics, gifs and vids the community puts out are overall really awesome and I do like them as well .

So he might just had some spare time checked the forums and found this  :) .

Exciting times right now ;) .

It's also a single player game that doesn't need servers maintained, bugs fixed, etc.

Nuh uhhhh...It is MP also. ;)

Nuh uhhhh...It is MP also. ;)

Plus, I think the release of any title is pretty much an all hands on deck scenario. There's almost always an update to fix something within the first few hours of a release. 

Why is Rocket doing this so us? Why is he fucking our nashholes?

I think it's because we (being myself) feel like we're entitled to this game when in reality, we're really not. He might as well have fun with it.

• Like 2