SmashT

November Round-up

Y-no, sir! Mommy said, "If they ever ask you if you're menally retartat, you march up to them and tell me that your mommy didn't raise no idiot."

Ugh.. 6am and I'm almost falling asleep on my char.

Habbening train has come to a stall, I will be back in a few hours after some good sleep.

Good night, sweet prince.

• Like 1

Okay, not to be abrasive but... Are you people mentally challenged? Rocket has been repeatedly slammed and slandered for saying things that were even barely hopeful of a release, and then failing to meet those expectations. It happened this time last year. It happened in March. It happened in June. I don't think he's so dumb that he would do something like that again if the release was not truly imminent, as he has learned from these massive PR mistakes and officially changed his stance to "It's done when it's done" for the last six months. This isn't duke nukem, people. There's no need for this level of paranoia. It's just a game, and it will come out. As Orlock so eloquently put it - the only person who gets hurt by the SA not releasing is DEAN, unless you count the misplaced emotions you seem to be investing. It's just a game. Not a fucking conspiracy.

Heel!

Heel!

Bad Salamander.

Heel!

Heel!

Bad Salamander.

Heh. Sowwy. Just gotta dispel the bullshit coming from the non-contributors. All I'm saying is, try posting some non-bullshit before you get into the bullshit territory. It builds credibility.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

.... officially changed his stance to "It's done when it's done" for the last six months....

I get to repost this now.

GvNwbrM.jpg

God, 10 pages before I went to bed. Is there just so much non-constructive things this thread will reach 200 pages this month..?

On the other hand, I'm glad they're going to use the Arma 3 rain, or at least something similar to it.

I get to repost this now.

GvNwbrM.jpg

You... You... You son of a B...east!

God, 10 pages before I went to bed. Is there just so much non-constructive things this thread will reach 200 pages this month..?

On the other hand, I'm glad they're going to use the Arma 3 rain, or at least something similar to it.

This is kind of what happens when people are mixed with impatience and uninformed.

I will be hanging out in the secluded region of Bor.  Until I get a grip on the new ways of the game

I will straight head for the Cargo Ship and open Private Evans Stalker Bar....

• Like 2

I will straight head for the Cargo Ship and open Private Evans Stalker Bar....

If you are Beard, I'll be your Grouse... no wait he dies to a Medic gone mad... ehh screw it, that would be an awesome DayZ life

Is it me or is the game server monitor down? (It's definitely been way over 15-20 mins since)

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?vars=requiredVersion=27&num=20&&num=10

It was said that the site is down... and it was down about 10 hours ago already.

EDIT: someone posted this site for it earlier: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/37.220.18.218:27016/

Edited by Keio000

There is a rational argument to be made about release in the next few days, albeit based on circumstantial evidence. 

There is a rational argument to be made about release in the next few days, albeit based on circumstantial evidence. 

I have a question. In your signature, is this something that Rocket has actually said? I'm curious.

Slightly off-topic

When Standalone releases lets have a duel on the ol'Balota Docks south of the airstrip.  Mostly for fun, but also because of our past disagreements  :lol:

Bring your Makarov and best body armor.

What would be good if all the regular contributors here, we all know of each other, we might not all get along at times head off to each others Team Speak or Ventrillo for the Night after release. As an example its the Saturday after release we all go to Badfish's VOIP hang out talk about what we like etc. Would be a good Community type thing, might be a little hard with Time differences etc but manageable. Would be good to catch up with most from here as after release not really much use for a Forum down the Road after Bugs etc are fixed............anyway just a thought

• Like 4

Dude I don't know if you're joking or trolling or what but that is NOT what he said. He said "A DEVBLOG WOULD TAKE hours away from preparing the release."

Edited by AnarchyBrownies
  • Like 5

I'm afraid rocket here is only increasing the hype with those types of responses... either we are within hours of release or he's just trolling the community, intentionally or not i believe that everyone would agree with me that if the latter scenario is the case these types of statements are not good.

I'm afraid rocket here is only increasing the hype with those types of responses... either we are within hours of release or he's just trolling the community, intentionally or not i believe that everyone would agree with me that if the latter scenario is the case these types of statements are not good.

Well, according to me they want to keep the hype up...? Releasing the game now would result in more copies as more people are interested right now, but then they kill the hype and revive it all the time.. It's very confusing, but I bet ya' we're close to release. Of course I can't be 100% sure, but sometimes you gotta estimate things.

Dude I don't know if you're joking or trolling or what but that is NOT what he said. He said "A devblog would take HOURS AWAY FROM PREPARING THE RELEASE."

It's circumstantial, but think of his choice of words. Would they be concerned about a few of HOURS if Release was still weeks away.

• Like 1

It's circumstantial, but think of his choice of words. Would they be concerned about a few of HOURS if Release was still weeks away.

Not saying i agree with AnarchyBrownies, but the old adage "time is money" is probably in effect.

Edited by Dchil

In my eyes, rocket's statements either mean a release is within today (friday 8th) or monday/tuesday of the coming week.

I am still thinking it will be the coming tuesday because a friday release is very unlikely, considering that any kind of quick fix or server issue cannot be resolved over the weekend. At least I assume so.

Tension level currently: 89%

• Like 2

In my eyes, rocket's statements either mean a release is within today (friday 8th) or monday/tuesday of the coming week.

I am still thinking it will be the coming tuesday because a friday release is very unlikely, considering that any kind of quick fix or server issue cannot be resolved over the weekend. At least I assume so.

Tension level currently: 89%

Why even concern yourself, probably the only thing I've learned as I have gotten older, is dont worry about something you cant control. Sure I would love if its released now, but Alpha's are mostly Shit. Was a point after an Update with Arma 3 It was totally unplayable for me, I came back to it a little later. Expect nothing dis similar , the Team will make mistakes with implementation of something and there may not be actually much to do in the Alpha in the begining anyway

• Like 1

If the game can come out by the 19th I'll have all my exams done and lots of time to kill.