SmashT

November Round-up

I wouldn't call it 'High end military' because you can still acquire it as a civilian.

You can acquire almost every weapon in DayZ, as a civilian, in the United States. And, I know this certainly wasn't your implication, but the argument against military/tactical/high-end gear is often surrounded by a desire for moronic Romero-tropes like bats, chainsaws, and hatchets. Which we've got, but it doesn't appear that we'll be wholly reliant on them. That, or shotguns and bolt-actions. Which we've got, everyone's happy. Save for the folks who wanted to rid DayZ of "military" weapons, to whom my FUCKWAD message was directed. :D

• Like 1

Glorified M&P.

S&W =/= FN

When did you get the idea that DA/SA semi auto (that uses a hammer) from a Belgian manufacturer (the FNX) is in any way a modded up or "glorified", as you so elegantly put it, striker fired (no hammer) semi auto from an American manufacturer( the m&p)?

Edited by Dchil

I will say, those enterable apartment blocs look great. The rooms appear to have different layouts as well, will be wonderful sniper territory I'm sure.

I will say, those enterable apartment blocs look great. The rooms appear to have different layouts as well, will be wonderful sniper territory I'm sure.

I guess it's time to look up some counter sniper techniques, I think i'm gonna need 'em in the cities.

It's too bad I'll be too terrified of them to ever go anywhere near them for that reason...

I think it makes sense to have military loot in dayz cause you would think if their was a zombie apocalypse their would be heavy military there to combat them. And after they die their loot will be survivors for the Pickens !

• Like 2

Well, here's the thing...

There are so many places for you to be in those buildings, that a sniper will really have to be on his/her game to nail you. Plus, I hope we won't be running through the buildings like morons as much as we'll be crawling around with the express purpose of avoiding snipers and/or zombies.

That, and there's the whole "shit's harder" thing that will probably make it less likely and/or more risky for snipers to be there.

Hicks_206: I feel like there are more enterable rooms in this area then all of DayZ Mod. #dayzdaily

BZtYXc8CYAAJnkD.jpg

Edit: Got beaten to it. Feel free to bean the guy above me  :)

That's huge amount of apartment buildings :O That area puts every other shooters to a shame. I mean what other game has so many enterable rooms in that small area?

• Like 1

well 99% shooters dont need em

99% shooters are way too different to even compare

lets not call dayz shooter

• Like 1

Lee Harvey Oswald was a shooter

DayZ is not Lee Harvey Oswald

Therefore DayZ is not a shooter

#relevanthistoricalreference #notallthatrelevant

• Like 2

DayZ doesn't need them either, it just has them. Shooters like BF and CoD would benefit just as much, in my opinion, in having 100% enterable buildings.

Check below.

DayZ doesn't need them either, it just has them. Shooters like BF and CoD would benefit just as much, in my opinion, in having 100% enterable buildings.

This is what I was after. Those buildings put even Arma 3 on shame.

Are you...fucking kidding me...

A spam bot got into this thread?

Jesus,....

It heard of the new health system in the SA.

• Like 2

Are you...fucking kidding me...

A spam bot got into this thread?

Jesus,....

Just report it and a mod will come along and clean it up.

EDIT: I have already reported it BTW.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 2

Hmm.. Dchil, in your signature, that testing server says "Offline" .. Just wanted to point that out :)

On top of that, I'm very satisfied with this month's Round-Up and it's not even over yet.. Very newsworthy in my opinion.

Edited by TIC321

S&W =/= FN

When did you get the idea that DA/SA semi auto (that uses a hammer) from a Belgian manufacturer (the FNX) is in any way a modded up or "glorified", as you so elegantly put it, striker fired (no hammer) semi auto from an American manufacturer( the m&p)?

I was joking around to piss him off a bit. Theres no need to come off dickish and aggressive, by the way, I didn't say anything about modding at all and I have no clue what you're going on about. I'm well aware that FN and SW aren't the same.

Otherwise, the FNX is FN's average frame Polymer pistol, as far as I know. It's made to compete with the M&P, Glock, and other Polymer-frame pistols, market-wise.

Edited by dvsilverwing

Hicks_206: I feel like there are more enterable rooms in this area then all of DayZ Mod. #dayzdaily

*snip*

Edit: Got beaten to it. Feel free to bean the guy above me  :)

Wow...I already can imagine plenty of different scenarios in the same environment :o That is amazin!

I was joking around to piss him off a bit. Theres no need to come off dickish and aggressive, by the way, I didn't say anything about modding at all and I have no clue what you're going on about. I'm well aware that FN and SW aren't the same.

Otherwise, the FNX is FN's average frame Polymer pistol, as far as I know. It's made to compete with the M&P, Glock, and other Polymer-frame pistols, market-wise.

Well then i apologise.

Don't know where i got modded from either.

Hmm.. Dchil, in your signature, that testing server says "Offline" .. Just wanted to point that out  :)

On top of that, I'm very satisfied with this month's Round-Up and it's not even over yet.. Very newsworthy in my opinion.

I am quite aware that it is offline, but is the only known testing server (outside of possible servers known only to devs and testers) and thus i will have it there until such time as it becomes redundant (standalone comes out) or it is changed (replaced).
Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

I try to tell people about DayZ but it takes like 20 mins to begin to describe the scope of this game.

I don't even want to send them the most recent videos because they can't accurately convey the magnitude of this projects awesomeness.

• Like 1

I try to tell people about DayZ but it takes like 20 mins to begin to describe the scope of this game.

I don't even want to send them the most recent videos because they can't accurately convey the magnitude of this projects awesomeness.

I know that feel

• Like 2

wonderful everything territory!! why limit the fun to snipers

thank god klesh is not around

SO BORED WITH CURRENT GAMES !

RELEASE ME DAYZ STANDALONE !

There is no Dayz only hype.

• Like 1