SmashT

November Round-up

December release I bet! They'll probably still be working on stability, crashes and server stuff for the next two weeks. In my opinion.

No , not this year anymore i think....

And i theyve crossed that border , theres no more need to rush it anyway... so my realistic guess is 3rd or 4th Q 2014

One thing for sure with the holiday season approaching the window for 2013 release is closing rapidly. Going into 2014 regardless of lack of any official release dates will be psychologically difficult for Rocket and damaging to both his team and BiS as a whole.  

One thing for sure with the holiday season approaching the window for 2013 release is closing rapidly. Going into 2014 regardless of lack of any official release dates will be psychologically difficult for Rocket and damaging to both his team and BiS as a whole.  

Not to mention us.

No , not this year anymore i think....

And i theyve crossed that border , theres no more need to rush it anyway... so my realistic guess is 3rd or 4th Q 2014

No his said end of the year

so...4th Q 2014

ramble ramble ramble

I wish I could gauge what you are about.

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 2

Dean "Rocket2Guns" Hall is the most cruel, the most sadistic, the most evil person ever to enter into human history.

Not even Barack Hussein "Oh, Bama" can match this evilness.

I bet Rocket is laughing himself to tears knowing he is causing us so much grief.

Truly, only God can truly judge Rocket on the day of judgement, and truly Rocket will be punished for all of his crimes committed against mankind.

Even Jesus cannot turn the other cheek to such a man as Rocket.

You're a great example of this simple Yoda fact: love turns to fear, fear turns to hate, hate turns to suffering. And please cut the Obama jokes, do you even live in 'Meericaa? if you do, no matter what or who would be the president you need to change that 600 billion to Army finance to something alot lower or you're fugd. Its not the president who make most of the decicions its the ministers, even I know that and I live in Saunaland, I have lots of good friends who live in 'Meericaa

Edited by Aporis

Dean "Rocket2Guns" Hall is the most cruel, the most sadistic, the most evil person ever to enter into human history.

Not even Barack Hussein "Oh, Bama" can match this evilness.

I bet Rocket is laughing himself to tears knowing he is causing us so much grief.

Truly, only God can truly judge Rocket on the day of judgement, and truly Rocket will be punished for all of his crimes committed against mankind.

Even Jesus cannot turn the other cheek to such a man as Rocket.

We get it. You don't like your president. It really has nothing to do with DayZ though. I like to read this thread for new info, rumors or discussion about the game (however sensational it may be). Please show me and every other member here for that reason some respect by letting us do so without having to scroll through pages of off topic content, not cramming a unrelated point into every post.

The irony here is that I have nothing on topic to post myself. Ehm. How about that release date, ey?

• Like 1

And since you my friend are such an expert on game dev let me show how i, the pleb, see the implementation of everything you listed as huge changes. Inventory waa there before, drag and drop and some new graphics for it are nothing special

Clothing system came from arma3, weapon attachments aswell.

Zombie pathing should be one of the primary concernes and its only beeing looked now, supposed weeks before release.

Stability and bugkilling is the only thing that should have been happening at this point, not additions to the core of the game.

The map was 225sq kilometers in arma too, so what? Does not change the fact that all that was really done with the buildings was to add interiors and repopulate the map with the new models.

Lots of work - yes for sure, a years worth of it, not really if the project would have been managed differently. It should not be an alpha at this point, thats all im saying.

- Inventory doesn't work like the same in the SA. It's not just new graphics. I've thinked about that maybe they should've gone for the Arma 3 type of inventory because it's based on volume without boxes so inventory management is maybe easier. I'm also bit worried if they've forgot the gear weight...

- DayZ weapon attachment is much better than Arma 3's. I don't get what you mean with the clothing system. At least we can drag and drop clothes on our avatar in DayZ

- I agree

- They're not even in the alpha yet so you're totally wrong. When you're developing a game you make core additions or you don't have a game at all :D

- I love the map and they've said that it'll be expanded for 60km2 so a total land mass is going to be about 240km2 (Chernarus real land mass is 180km2 )

Good comes when you wait.

I'll post it again since it infuriates so many people, "OH, BAMA" It's from a song about Obama, these lyrics start with "Oh, bama" anyway.. lrn2be cheerful and take a joke for what it is

I thought growing up was about learning to accept others for their differences and learning to be an independent mind that is its own authority

ARGHHH, HULK SMASH! MUST DESTROY FORUM! ARGHHH, THE ANGER BURNS INSIDE OF ME.

I dont really understand how they could even think about releasing it december 2012 , i don't think the game would look or be the same state of development if they had...It's all just so unlogically it feels like somethng wnet very very wrong.

I dont really understand how they could even think about releasing it december 2012 , i don't think the game would look or be the same state of development if they had...It's all just so unlogically it feels like somethng wnet very very wrong.

Are you fucking kidding or...? It has been stated a million times that in 2012 they wanted to release a polished mod as a standalone. They decided to completely redo the game so that is why they still haven't released it.

Are you fucking kidding or...? It has been stated a million times that in 2012 they wanted to release a polished mod as a standalone. They decided to completely redo the game so that is why they still haven't released it.

not being funny this game has more announcements on when it maybe released than the second coming of jesus

not being funny this game has more announcements on when it maybe released than the second coming of jesus

It only had one release date... December 2012 for the polished mod... 

It has been in "imminent" state for some time now 

It only had one release date... December 2012 for the polished mod... 

It has been in "imminent" state for some time now 

Bloody hell no, it's had many release dates proceeding the 2012 date announced at one of the talks Dean gave.

• Like 1

Bloody hell no, it's had many release dates proceeding the 2012 date announced at one of the talks Dean gave.

There was maybe one but others were pure community made dates.

/Nice second post.

Edited by St. Jimmy

There was maybe one but others were pure community made dates.

More than one, more like 2 or 3 in addition to the 2012 one

*some bullshit*

People see your avatar and just skip over you man. Like, i dont understand what you want or if its genuinely some sort of disability that is causing you to be like this. I dont know if i should ignore you or attempt to help your poor soul. Like, you're not trolling anyone by speaking about the one topic over and over, you're literally wasting precious kilobytes on the internet with your retarded shit. Like, this is an open discussion and we'd love you to be apart of it, but if you cant contribute in any sort of logical manner, then f**k off out of here.

Else i think people are just going to start reporting your posts. Breathe and logically reply with a valid contribution, please. (I feel bad for you)

Yeah, this also confuses me greatly. I dont understand what they would of had back then, apart from the actual mod, still using the same engine (more or less).

• Like 3

People see your avatar and just skip over you man. Like, i dont understand what you want or if its genuinely some sort of disability that is causing you to be like this. I dont know if i should ignore you or attempt to help your poor soul. Like, you're not trolling anyone by speaking about the one topic over and over, you're literally wasting precious kilobytes on the internet with your retarded shit. Like, this is an open discussion and we'd love you to be apart of it, but if you cant contribute in any sort of logical manner, then f**k off out of here.

You type like you're a 12 year old kid and your lack of knowledge of King of the Hill says that you're probably from 1996 and up. I take it that you're a 13 year old who wants to be cool like the cool guys you look up to on this forum

ahem

Just to let you know I've reported your post 'mate'. Maybe your old dear won't mind reading that but mine would :)

Edited by philbottle

Oookay guys keep it calm , i actually found that start of the discussion pretty interesting , how many releases dates now? and t wasnt announced as a "polished up mod" it was the DayZ Standalone and noone ever called it something else.

Take this to somewhere private...

BTW I truly liked this image:

Dtkd6tz.jpg

Edited by Aporis
  • Like 5

Just to let you know I've reported your post 'mate'. Maybe your old dear won't mind reading that but mine would :)

What, are you 12? You're one of those 12 year old fans of this cunt Brit with no clue of how to act amongst others? GTFO kid