SmashT

November Round-up

I really don't want to get you all hyped up again, good ladies and gentlemen, but may I remind you:

d385ttv.jpg

He wouldn't lie to us, now would he?

Would he?

You cruel monster.....-_-

• Like 1

If there's one lesson I've learned in life then that is as follows: for every good event X that impacts my life positively, there's a proceeding bad event Y that impacts my life negatively.

In other words, if my wanting this game to release soon makes me happy, then the game won't release soon but sometime after my idea of soon, probably.

This is the secret to life and everything else.

We can't use this to predict the SA release.

You cruel monster.....-_-

I assure you, my only interest is to inform you the best I can. I just felt that piece of information got lost somehow.

If you don't believe me, I'll refer you to my avatar.

But never fear! Your plan is still functioning - just assume release to be on December 31st!

We can't use this to predict the SA release.

We can indeed. We mustn't expect the SA release, thence the SA shall release!

:O watched the standalone test and saw hetstain in chat :00 I'm jelly lol

• Like 1

You are feeling worried

lol three people gave you beans for being a forum admin :lol:

• Like 3

It has to be out by the end of the year.

Lol i think we are going to have a deja vu of late 2012.

I dont know i think rocket is afraid of negativity towards the game, and with lots ppl bashing the new video i think he will  continuously delay the game....

Hope im wrong tough.

I dont know i think rocket is afraid of negativity towards the game, and with lots ppl bashing the new video i think he will  continuously delay the game....

Hope im wrong tough.

What does this even mean?

"People are saying bad things about my game! Let me prove them right by delaying more! That will show... me!" - rocket2guns

• Like 2

What does this even mean?

"People are saying bad things about my game! Let me prove them right by delaying more! That will show... me!" - rocket2guns

It means rocket is not prepared to have another warz shit storm, he will delay the game till the game gets better.

HAHA! The only person who gets hurt by delays is Dean Hall. Calling it "vaporware" and making up release conspiracies is totally pointless. This is his livelihood. Besides, I don't think Dean has that much control over the project. It's not like the team is going to give him DayZ and then he's just gonna sit on it. Do you think the producer would be okay with that? Or the other developers? Fuck no. They all want to get this thing done as quickly as possible. He isn't making the game single-handedly, you know. It's not like Dean is just sitting at the top of some high rise office building in Prague playing the DayZ standalone all by himself, just laughing at us. Absurd. Just have some patience people.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 4

HAHA! Righto. The only person who gets hurt by delays is Dean Hall. Calling it "vaporware" and making up release conspiracies is totally pointless. This is his livelihood. Besides, I don't think Dean has that much control over this project. It's not like the team is going to give him DayZ and then he's just sitting on it. Do you think the producer would be okay with that? Or the other developers? Fuck no. They all want to get this thing done as quickly as possible.

Like said i hope you are right and im wrong bro.

Like said i hope you are right and im wrong bro.

In the end it does not matter does it? The game will still come out, because they aren't just going to make a game for free. The whole point is to bring in revenue from the people who want to buy it.

It's like saying Hostess makes Twinkies just so they can hoard the Twinkie supply and spike the prices. It just never happens. This is a commodity, not a necessity. Depriving the audience only deprives their own pockets. 

• Like 1

On hand signals:

We currently have two:

• taunt: give the finger
  • friendly wave

More are planned. By default they are mapped to the function keys.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1qs6pv/some_thoughts_on_voip/cdge8tq?context=3

*snip*

You're equally likely to see both of the above gestures in my town....

Rock on with these:

2mbWsn2.jpg

MlXWthC.jpg

• Like 2

Rock on with these:

MlXWthC.jpg

Hell yeah!

This should be one of the top priorities! Somewhere in between server performance/stability and ragdoll physics!

80678375.jpg

• Like 5

DayZ Development has atleast already given us something really valuable. Immence amount of patience for most of us. We can wait for other titles for years now without breaking a sweat after this "training"

• Like 3

DayZ Development has atleast already given us something really valuable. Immence amount of patience for most of us. We can wait for other titles for years now without breaking a sweat after this "training"

You can wait for something for years? Most of the people on here are hanging by a thread just waiting 11 months. That's with a mod of the same game to keep them company.

Oh yes. We see evidence of this enormous patience every day on the forums, bless us.

Edited by Max Planck

You can't see the point where I'm correct here, let me help you out. Everyday people get here to see the latest info, pics and vids from SA but mostly just see the same old posts. People tend to get frustrated after waiting and waiting longer and longer, but they still keep waiting. Patiently they still get here everyday just to get dissapointed again as the standalone is still not out, but still keep up the small blink of hope and wait for the standalone. The people who say thats enough and throw in the towel, could be classified less patient people, as they will just come back when Standalone has actually been released.

• Like 1

lol three people gave you beans for being a forum admin :lol:

Unless, of course, they actually liked his comment.  :lol:

--

I think the Standalone will be released.

• Like 3

Will we be able to switch the orientation of our weapons (ie..left or right hand dominance)?

• Like 1