SmashT

November Round-up

How is this meant to help us, it isn't out either!

This is for those who don't know the game appreciate another survival game that is coming

And for those who know... they can see the new trailer.

Edited by franco

Next Launch window commencing in 3..2..1..

7EG3hgz.png

It hasn't released up to 10pm Monday Night. Cause that is the current time in Queensland Australia and steam ain't showing it.

On another note, hoping it costs around $10AUD on release or i'm waiting till christmas for it.

Edited by Dchil

It's 8pm here, but I think Steam works on US time :P

I couldn't care less about performance issues, it will be an early access game, just develop it through time.

they said the same about arma 3  B)

It's 8pm here, but I think Steam works on US time :P

Seems legit.

Anyone want to predict pricing or are we just gonna wait and post "IT"S HAPPENING" gifs for the week?

To be honest, i could not give a damn about zombies hitting thru walls. Its been like that for a long time. All i care about really is to get out of the arma 2 mod and into the FUTURE! :)

So I guess you're wrong on trying out the SA :-). The SA uses that sucking old Arma 2 Engine, too. So there is no way into future. Rocket is still hunting in the past and I think this is the biggest problem of the SA.

The SA will only be a new "Mod" based on the old mod with a simple new feature: The option to get money for that :-).

jm2c

Seems legit.

Anyone want to predict pricing or are we just gonna wait and post "IT"S HAPPENING" gifs for the week?

If we watch Projet Zomb. with ~14€ price tag, then i think price range should be from 10€ (for that price I would buy it as gift for some of my friends even) to 20€'s (It is around 13,5$ to 27$ or 8,5£ to 17£) , otherwise it is overpriced for Alpha (But this is my opinion).

To be honest, i could not give a damn about zombies hitting thru walls. Its been like that for a long time. All i care about really is to get out of the arma 2 mod and into the FUTURE! :)

I couldn't care less about performance issues, it will be an early access game, just develop it through time.

I am looking forward to the standalone like everyone else, but I think we shouldn't let our excitement obstruct our reason and scepticism. Realistically, I'm pretty sure expectations won't be satisfied as is.

So yeah, I hope it will release soon, but not at all costs and in whatever condition.

Regarding early acccess/alpha: Back in the days alpha versions were extremely buggy and very rough; they were for testing only, but they were also free. Nowadays everything gets released under the alpha label for whatever price, sometimes even with an integrated item shop (ugh!). In my opinion, the relevance of this term has changed and customers can and should expect more from today's "alphas".

I don't expect it to be perfect and working flawlessly and it won't, but as soon as you charge for something, there are certain standards you have to meet (in my opinion).

• Like 2

So I guess you're wrong on trying out the SA :-). The SA uses that sucking old Arma 2 Engine, too. So there is no way into future. Rocket is still hunting in the past and I think this is the biggest problem of the SA.

The SA will only be a new "Mod" based on the old mod with a simple new feature: The option to get money for that :-).

jm2c

Do not make my mistake of saying its the same engine. I got so much shit for it since i did not have a clue!

Ill leave it at that!

• Like 3

aslong as its priced right i wont mind bugs it is dayz and its not like we arnt used to them :lol:

jm2c

:lol:

jm2c

This is not 2012. You've left behind pretty far.

• Like 5

I am looking forward to the standalone like everyone else, but I think we shouldn't let our excitement obstruct our reason and scepticism. Realistically, I'm pretty sure expectations won't be satisfied as is.

So yeah, I hope it will release soon, but not at all costs and in whatever condition.

Regarding early acccess/alpha: Back in the days alpha versions were extremely buggy and very rough; they were for testing only, but they were also free. Nowadays everything gets released under the alpha label for whatever price, sometimes even with an integrated item shop (ugh!). In my opinion, the relevance of this term has changed and customers can and should expect more from today's "alphas".

I don't expect it to be perfect and working flawlessly and it won't, but as soon as you charge for something, there are certain standards you have to meet (in my opinion).

The devs understand that there are certain standards and expectations they have to meet, that's why it's taking so long to go out the door - they want all of the obvious bugs and problems ironed out before they get it out of the door.

It's an alpha, it's going to be the base foundation of the game and will be missing a lot of content - there will be bugs too, internal testing can only do so much, especially when it comes to heavy load testing and other testing that can only take place after a release.

I love how the "hype derailment" really points out the fair-weather forum denizens.

Fair-weather Forum Denizens = the Mentally Stable.

Just wanted to provide a vocab lesson for those unfamiliar with out little club.

EDIT: By our little club I mean those of us who aren't fair weather, we are the insane.  ;)

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 2

Yesterday evening i saw a new screenshot here posted by ZlobaRUS and now its gone, where is it! Was it misleading/fake or unauthorized!?

I'm pretty stoked about all the posts I've been reading, I actually have a good feeling (or maybe it's the Vicodin? lol) that the SA is right around the corner.  

Birthday release?  11/27!  

Yesterday evening i saw a new screenshot here posted by ZlobaRUS and now its gone, where is it! Was it misleading/fake or unauthorized!?

Good Lord! They may've killed him. Check your browser cache and send me the pix if you find it :D

Birthday release?  11/27!  

They have not set the release date and they never will. They will release the game as soon as possible.

They have not set the release date and they never will. They will release the game as soon as possible.

Yes, I know this.  I'm just saying that I'm hoping it releases on or near my birthday lol.

Edited by twinturbonet

Yes, I know this.  I'm just saying that I'm hoping it releases on or near my birthday lol.

Your birthday? Who cares about your birthday, I thought you meant the SA development birthday xD

Edited by Wayze