SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

No. No it's not. It's just killing your perception of them. 

Look at all the scam-ass games that have dropped recently, just being massive cashgrabs by the developers, look at all the games that have failed recently. What do most of them have in common? Lack of transparency with the developers. Look at all the Indie companies that have dropped amazing games in the last few years (Tripwire Interactive, New World Interactive, Overkill, Fatshark, just to name a few). What do most of them have in common? They are very transparent, and they communicate extremely well with their communities through forums, social media, livestreams, dev blogs, and even in-game.

• Like 1

hmm maybe but there're probably better ways to check for that, such as generating "synthetic" events that player would normally create.

Afk for 20 hours? Implausible but possible.

Perhaps it's a fake client that is artificially putting stress onto the server?

SmashT is just idling on the server to get his Steam trading cards.

• Like 6

Perhaps it's a fake client that is artificially putting stress onto the server?

This confirms that SmashT is just a bot :D We knew it!

Uh-huh, well that explains it then :D

Look at all the scam-ass games that have dropped recently, just being massive cashgrabs by the developers, look at all the games that have failed recently. What do most of them have in common? Lack of transparency with the developers. Look at all the Indie companies that have dropped amazing games in the last few years (Tripwire Interactive, New World Interactive, Overkill, Fatshark, just to name a few). What do most of them have in common? They are very transparent, and they communicate extremely well with their communities through forums, social media, livestreams, dev blogs, and even in-game.

So what you're trying to get at is that if the developers don't talk to their community they're money grabbing scamming cunts who make shit games? Not really. There are LOADS of shit games out there, some communicated, others didn't.

You're trying to find correlations between things that are just non-factors. I remember years gone by where there was no conversing from developers making games. You'd find an article in a gaming magazine every now and then and that's it until the games released. Good games too. 

You're just of an angry and self entitled time frame where you think that you deserve information on a game you haven't bought into yet. You have no stake in the game so why does it matter so much?

So what you're trying to get at is that if the developers don't talk to their community they're money grabbing scamming cunts who make shit games? Not really. There are LOADS of shit games out there, some communicated, others didn't.

You're trying to find correlations between things that are just non-factors. I remember years gone by where there was no conversing from developers making games. You'd find an article in a gaming magazine every now and then and that's it until the games released. Good games too. 

You're just of an angry and self entitled time frame where you think that you deserve information on a game you haven't bought into yet. You have no stake in the game so why does it matter so much?

First of all, you're putting words into my mouth. Second of all, you have no basis to say that the transparency of the developers is a non-factor. Lastly, there's no reason for you to attack me personally over what I've said, stop acting like a child because someone has a different opinion than you, it's immature and unecessary.

Ever wonder why people outside of the DayZ forums poke fun and talk so poorly about it?

Edited by dvsilverwing
  • Like 1

Was I close?

Nod once for yes, two nods for no.

Nice catch, jumped to 21 yesterday and now 22. They are making progress.

By this speed they'll reach a full server long after the fall of 2014

• Like 3

Nice catch, jumped to 21 yesterday and now 22. They are making progress.

If they keep that speed they finish in 78 days...

By this speed they'll reach a full server long after the fall of 2014

You were faster. ^^

Edited by Wayze

First of all, you're putting words into my mouth. Second of all, you have no basis to say that the transparency of the developers is a non-factor. Lastly, there's no reason for you to attack me personally over what I've said, stop acting like a child because someone has a different opinion than you, it's immature and unecessary.

Ever wonder why people outside of the DayZ forums poke fun and talk so poorly about it?

Yeah, because it;s rife with cunts. I'm one of them. Sue me. 

And I have no basis to point out the non-factors? Are you having a giggle? Are you literally just sitting there slapping your knee in hysterics? Okay, lets list some off shall we? I'll not touch the 'old' games pre-dating COD 4.

Bethesda's entire catalogue. The Elderscrolls 3,4 and 5 and Fallout 3. They didn't talk much to the community. That did well for itself and was highly praised. 

Rockstar, as said earlier in this thread they're shit for talking to their community, but they always make good games that sell well.

Valve, They rarely talk to the community about their games. ALL have done well - Counterstrike (1.6, CSS, CSGO), Left4Dead 1 and 2, Portal 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, DOTA2.

These are developers who are renowned for not sharing the games progress to their communities whilst it's in development. I think that is grounds enough to point out non-factors. 

Yeah, because it;s rife with cunts. I'm one of them. Sue me. 

And I have no basis to point out the non-factors? Are you having a giggle? Are you literally just sitting there slapping your knee in hysterics? Okay, lets list some off shall we? I'll not touch the 'old' games pre-dating COD 4.

Bethesda's entire catalogue. The Elderscrolls 3,4 and 5 and Fallout 3. They didn't talk much to the community. That did well for itself and was highly praised. 

Rockstar, as said earlier in this thread they're shit for talking to their community, but they always make good games that sell well.

Valve, They rarely talk to the community about their games. ALL have done well - Counterstrike (1.6, CSS, CSGO), Left4Dead 1 and 2, Portal 1 and 2, Team Fortress 2, DOTA2.

These are developers who are renowned for not sharing the games progress to their communities whilst it's in development. I think that is grounds enough to point out non-factors. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyc9TdDoKu8

You thought THAT was me being angry? No, no. I'm listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSCftwdpF8 grinding on WOW, nothing to get angry about. 

sabre05

Quit with the insults.

I don't recall insulting anyone?  I said: 

And I suggested that there are cunts on this forum, myself being one. But I never insulted someone personally. 

You thought THAT was me being angry? No, no. I'm listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSCftwdpF8 grinding on WOW, nothing to get angry about. 

And I suggested that there are cunts on this forum, myself being one. But I never insulted someone personally. 

Either way, you get the point.  Let's all play nice.

• Like 1

Why doesn't Dean just tell us already whether the "large scale" testing includes 100+ people or not. It's tiring waiting very slowly for more and more players to join in. By this slow progress, the game won't be out for many months, maybe half a year even.

You turned it into a personal argument with that little quote that you posted. I'd be glad to discuss this intelligently with you, but it probably wouldn't go anywhere and I'm sure the moderators are tired of us going back and forth. I'll continue to post my opinions in this thread like everyone else does, but I'll likely ignore the comments you feel the need to post towards everyone who has a differing opinion than you.

Why doesn't Dean just tell us already whether the "large scale" testing includes 100+ people or not. It's tiring waiting very slowly for more and more players to join in. By this slow progress, the game won't be out for many months, maybe half a year even.[/quote

Are you mentally prepared to wait that long? This may be the reality we are refusing to face.

We literally got a picture of sunshine through a window as an update. Progress is slow.

Why doesn't Dean just tell us already whether the "large scale" testing includes 100+ people or not. It's tiring waiting very slowly for more and more players to join in. By this slow progress, the game won't be out for many months, maybe half a year even.[/quote

Are you mentally prepared to wait that long? This may be the reality we are refusing to face.

We literally got a picture of sunshine through a window as an update. Progress is slow.

I've been waiting for a very, very long time. I've spend months scrolling through this forum and spend months posting here.

Am I prepared? Nyes!

But the progress needn't be so slow. I can't fathom what the hell's going on with this slowpoke mode. Are they waiting for something to occur that they themselves cannot speed up? Are they just sitting at their office drinking coke and eating candy while throwing jokes around? Or are they drooling on their office desks? SOMETHING is all I ask for.

Edited by HumanBeing25
  • Like 1

I've been waiting for a very, very long time. I've spend months scrolling through this forum and spend months posting here.

Am I prepared? Nyes!

But the progress needn't be so slow. I can't fathom what the hell's going on with this slowpoke mode. Are they waiting for something to occur that they themselves cannot speed up? Are they just sitting at their office drinking coke and eating candy while throwing jokes around? Or are they drooling on their office desks? SOMETHING is all I ask for.

I think it's pretty obvious we are going to get nothing.

Next topic.

You turned it into a personal argument with that little quote that you posted. I'd be glad to discuss this intelligently with you, but it probably wouldn't go anywhere and I'm sure the moderators are tired of us going back and forth. I'll continue to post my opinions in this thread like everyone else does, but I'll likely ignore the comments you feel the need to post towards everyone who has a differing opinion than you.

No no, I said you were angry and self entitled because your post certainly gave of a stench of the afore-mentioned qualities. And you shared your opinion which I said was incorrect and then I gave you 3 of the best game development teams in the world who went against your opinion, and you ignore it and instead focus on my critique of your posts. First - 

Lack of transparency is killing developers.

And then the whole spiel of games developers making bad games because they're not transparent. But by all means, ignore me, I don't mind.

I'm listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSCftwdpF8 grinding on WOW, nothing to get angry about.

Dieses Video ist in Deutschland nicht verfügbar, weil es möglicherweise Musik enthält, für die die erforderlichen Musikrechte von der GEMA nicht eingeräumt wurden.

-.-