SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Good lord, somebody bean'd your post out of ignorance of philosophy.

You do realize that a fallacy is ONLY committed if, and only if, the conclusion is reached by fallacious reasoning.

For example, arguing "against the man" can only be said to be true if the conclusion in an argument is reached by arguing against the man. That I may call you a prick or something like that is not the ad hominem fallacy - and many don't understand this simple thing.

I never made an argument, you idiot fool! I never once made even what can be broadly be called an argument. All I did was make assertions - and no assertion is ever fallacious. An assertion is a (truth statement) proposition and can either be said to be false or true, but never inbetween and never fallacious.

But now when you're at it, I might as well make an inductive argument for why you're a total waste of time:

P1. People are unlikely to ever change their opinion if they haven't changed their opinion when that opinion is shown to be false.

P2. I have shown your opinion to be false.

P3. It is a waste of time trying to convince a person who is more likely not to change his opinion than he is likely to change his opinion.

P4. You haven't changed your opinion yet.

P5, from P1 to P4 and P2 to P3; and P3 hence P5; I am more likely going to waste my time trying to argue with you.

But can you define reality?

I mostly post in off-topic and you tend to say just what I am thinking, only more in-depth and better formatted.  :D

I have to agree, some members in this community do think very similiar to me!

I suppose reality must cover both?

Only if you haven't freed your mind.

• Like 1

Well fuck me.

Crazy.

IT IS NOW JULY 1ST, AND THERE IS NO STANDALONE. I loled so hard.

Guess I was wrong about a Devblog today..

Turrible

Guess I was wrong about a Devblog today..

Turrible

It's at least 1am in the Czech Republic, they could be sound asleep for all we know.

There is no spoon.

There so is a spoon.

On topic, it'd be really nice to get some sort of devblog at some point, even a mini one but I'm not holding my breath.  I doubt we'll be getting one any time soon :/

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

There so is a spoon.

On topic, it's be really nice to get some sort of devblog at some point, even a mini one but I'm not holding my breath.  I doubt we'll be getting one any time soon :/

Is that because release is so imminent that we don't even need no stinkin' devblogs no mores?!? /ultimatespeculationmachine

There so is a spoon.

On topic, it's be really nice to get some sort of devblog at some point, even a mini one but I'm not holding my breath.  I doubt we'll be getting one any time soon :/

Ok, so what is the good news?

Errrr.....  I'll get back to you on that one.

Is that because release is so imminent that we don't even need no stinkin' devblogs no mores?!? /ultimatespeculationmachine

Yes. That is (hopefully) exactly why!

There so is a spoon.

On topic, it'd be really nice to get some sort of devblog at some point, even a mini one but I'm not holding my breath.  I doubt we'll be getting one any time soon :/

Sounds like a fake statement.... DEVBLOG SOON?!?!?!!?

Everytime someone makes the stupid suggestion of removing global chat, it makes the people furious who've caught a cheater and need it reported to the admin--but they can't.

It's as freaking annoying as when your chat UI is deallocated (i.e., removed) when you die. So anybody camping a spawn and using aimbot will make it 100% impossible to report that aimbotter because some retarded developer thought it was a good idea to deallocate the chat UI EVERY_FREAKING_TIME you die.

Global chat is needed for many reasons, such as for newbies who're not familiar with controls, people who want to report exploiters/cheaters, and many other reasons.

Admins can read all the chat channels. This includes direct and vehicle. A message does not need to be written in side channel to be seen by the admin.  I am ashamed that no one in this thread intervened with this info. We could have saved almost two pages of silliness. I will not comment on whether or not there are other uses of side chat.

Now please, return to wild speculation. I am too old to trick or treat and need some form of entertainment tonight.

• Like 2

Let's just say it like it is, you're all monitoring this thread and Twitter right now in hope for a devblog.

There ain't gonna be one, so stop it >:O

Admins can read all the chat channels. This includes direct and vehicle. A message does not need to be written in side channel to be seen by the admin.  I am ashamed that no one in this thread intervened with this info. We could have saved almost two pages of silliness. I will not comment on whether or not there are other uses of side chat.

Now please, return to wild speculation. I am too old to trick or treat and need some form of entertainment tonight.

And it is raining really hard, which means going and getting drunk is 10x less enjoyable  :unsure:

I am too old to trick or treat and need some form of entertainment tonight.

Too old to go with other adults, too? ;) come join me, I'll go trick and treating with you.

I love DayZMOD, I already love DayZ Standalone, Over and above all these speculations delay is already starting to annoy me!

I know it is not easy to develop a game in the aspect of DayZ, More deserve at least some videos on development, not just a devblog every 4, 5 months (which seems), I see everyone getting totally saturated and DayZ every day turning LEGEND... Let's do something right Mr. Rocket?

Posted Today, 08:16 AM

ZlobaRUS54, on 01 Nov 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:snapback.png

Errrr.....  I'll get back to you on that one.

Ok, Fraggle confirmed: Release is forthcoming

Edited by Sensemann

"Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy."

I would like to see Easter egg zombies.

Like one in every 100,000 look like Margaret Thatcher.

• Like 2

"Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy."

I would like to see Easter egg zombies.

Like one in every 100,000 look like Margaret Thatcher.

How about Helen Thomas instead?