SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Last December, it "kind of" did get further away though, did it not?  ;)

can someone tell me where the pic above can be found?

It's a screenshot someone took in ArmA 3 (as they have recently got an update that included a bunch of DayZ items), here is another screenshot.

aczPweCh.jpg

• Like 2

It's a screenshot someone took in ArmA 3 (as they have recently got an update that included a bunch of DayZ items), here is another screenshot.

aczPweCh.jpg

*takes one look at the pile of cash* So... you're telling me we can make it rain, in DayZ?

Eeeeeeexcellent...

I think they are either getting new zeds and vehicles done before alpha. God knows i would have.

either that or they are shifting over to arma 3.

You're absolutely deluded if you think they're porting it over to Arma 3, after spending the bones of a year getting the architecture sorted on their custom engine  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

What about a friggin devblog? I don't wanna be whining or anything, but 10 minutes of video every 20 days isn't that much to ask, is it?

• Like 1

I say if rocket wants a so called stable release he should release it naow as there are these new epic Triple A games GTA V, BF4 etc people will be playing those and the small part of the community such as us the forum members who have their mouths all watered up constalty for standalone and us that are really there for playing the game and helping the devs smash bugs. Like i said earlier Most people still have their hands full of GTA V and the PC people soon have Bf4 so I think if DayZ has to be released this year, it should be released this month, or early next month but not during christmas because if its gonna be released just before christmas people will buy this as present to each other and to their casual gamer friends who are not used to alpha versions and then boom the shitstorm in the forums shall begin. And we either try to calm people down or duck behind a wall as shit starts to fly and whos gonna be the target? oh its gonna be in our rocket hall inside a HeinZ can of Deans

Do you think having 300k people instead of 2m play the game make any difference?

That image of all the new items has got me really excited. Come on guys let's do this by Halloween!! 

Great work and the interview with Ivan is excellent and informative. So thanks r/dayzbulletin team! 

However, as I've mentioned in one of the video devblogs, we would have to address the fact that players who would stay in a changed location could find themselves stuck in objects and have their precious characters and property destroyed. So far the only robust method to prevent this seems to be reset of position after a map update, but maybe we will figure out a better way in the future. I suppose that if we give you a nice map upgrade, you would not mind this little intrusion once in few months. :)

I wouldn't mind at all at least in alpha and maybe in beta. That's why they're alpha and beta. Nice interview and more to come. Yay!

I'm having fun with KSP .22 for the moment. I uninstalled all my mods and am doing a clean run at career mode. I've played that game for 130 hours. I say that's a deal at 22 dollars. Highly recommend it to anyone needing a cheap game while waiting for DayZ SA.

• Like 1

Um, why would arma 3 get the dayz items?

Well why not? There's no real reason not to share assets.

• Like 1

I bet you say that to all the girls.

• Like 8

But what use do they have in arma 3?

Someone can make a hiking mod in Arma 3 and use some of the objects. Or DayZ mod. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V so nothing was lost and more object to play with.

To add to the authenticity of trolloping through cities and such? Having extra assets in your game can't hurt.

Prop hunt,  2017, who knows what mod/missions people will come up with that could use them.

• Like 1

Second half is fantastic. Will wait a couple of days and post. :)

Dam not today.

Hicks is building up too much hype!!!! STAHP IT HICKS!

• Like 2

31st Arma 3 gets first episode and sounds like we will hear something awesome about DayZ near future. I hope we don't get too much awesomeness at the same time! STAPH IT HICKS!

Edited by St. Jimmy

@Hicks_206: Don't even know what to say, was a hell of a day. The team really kicked ass today. I can't wait for you all to see DayZ evolve. #dayzdaily

I know what you should say...

Rocket, u owe my gf a divorce settlement, when u release it she will be leaving me. You will beat FB for relasionship break ups.

She will accept a Lambo.

• Like 1