SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Why doesn't Dean just tell us already whether the "large scale" testing includes 100+ people or not. It's tiring waiting very slowly for more and more players to join in. By this slow progress, the game won't be out for many months, maybe half a year even.[/quote

Are you mentally prepared to wait that long? This may be the reality we are refusing to face.

We literally got a picture of sunshine through a window as an update. Progress is slow.

It's psychologically hard to accept.  The hard truth is that Rocket will not release a 156 player game after testing with just 22 players. Until we start seeing server at at least 2/3 capacity any talk of an imminent release is just pipe dreams.

EDIT: And the fact that it's taking so long to make the jump indicates something is really, really wrong with performance and they do not know how to fix it. Could also explain the lack of devblog, who wants to bring only bad news?

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

-.-

Haha, sorry about these videos seeming disliking Germany. The first one I liked was 2 hours of smooth Jazz, the last one was 3 hours of chillout music. 

No no, I said you were angry and self entitled because your post certainly gave of a stench of the afore-mentioned qualities. And you shared your opinion which I said was incorrect and then I gave you 3 of the best game development teams in the world who went against your opinion, and you ignore it and instead focus on my critique of your posts. First - 

Lack of transparency is killing developers.

And then the whole spiel of games developers making bad games because they're not transparent. But by all means, ignore me, I don't mind.

You are still at it, stop arguing or be gone.

• Like 1

It's psychologically hard to accept.  The hard truth is that Rocket will not release a 156 player game after testing with just 22 players. Until we start seeing server at at least 2/3 capacity any talk of an imminent release is just pipe dreams.

But you know why we haven't reached at least the 2/3 capacity yet? I mean, when you think about it carefully, it can't be so fucking hard to just find random people who fit the requirements, such as people who're located close to the UK or US, Texas servers. Right? All Rocket needs to do is put out a statement asking for people to apply for a quick testing session, and that's that. Capish. Finito. Donedo. Nothing more to do, just a 5 minute of asking random people and he'll in NO time have enough people for testing.

Wow this is really getting out of hand. May I suggest something to all of you in here with due respect?

Take a moment, step back from the computer and take a breather.

This is a game guys..at the end of the day..it's a game.. and while I can understand alot of us are frustrated and tired of waiting (I am too for that matter) the reality is these things take time, and that putting all our hopes into every end of the month, the game will come out really puts us in these kind of situations.

Just take a break for a bit and relax alright?

• Like 2

Guys, I am shocked:

omgwsr1du2f0l.png

I told you, they would do everything for beans. They don't care about the game or us, they just want power!

Burn them all! :bandit:

Wow this is really getting out of hand. May I suggest something to all of you in here with due respect?

This is a game guys..at the end of the day..it's a game.. and while I can understand alot of us are frustrated and tired of waiting (I am too for that matter) the reality is these things take time, and that putting all our hopes into every end of the month, the game will come out really puts us in these kind of situations.

When keepin' it real... goes wrong...

Guys, I am shocked:

omgwsr1du2f0l.png

I told you, they would do everything for beans. They don't care about the game or us, they just want power!

Are scripts OK? :D

nvm, I'll do it without. Inb4 tricked by Fraggle.

Edited by voddler

You're in no place to dictate my being with such an inferior post count. Sorry.

• Like 1

But you know why we haven't reached at least the 2/3 capacity yet? I mean, when you think about it carefully, it can't be so fucking hard to just find random people who fit the requirements, such as people who're located close to the UK or US, Texas servers. Right? All Rocket needs to do is put out a statement asking for people to apply for a quick testing session, and that's that. Capish. Finito. Donedo. Nothing more to do, just a 5 minute of asking random people and he'll in NO time have enough people for testing.

I don't think a lack of players is the problem here. My guess would be that that god damned bubble may have some nasty side effects.

• Like 1

I'm sorry that you feel that way. The advice I offer still stands to be taken and could really do everyone here a justice. But alas human nature and what with the wasted words in all.

Lok was right to say "manage your expectations" and it's not my issue then if you don't want to listen.

Edited by zfleming12

I don't think a lack of players is the problem here. My guess would be that that god damned bubble may have some nasty side effects.

But then they oughtta tell us. AT LEAST if we were told so we'd not be wasting out time everyday waiting for something when it's not going to come anytime soon.

But then they oughtta tell us. AT LEAST if we were told so we'd not be wasting out time everyday waiting for something when it's not going to come anytime soon.

This is not a high priority on their list of things to do obviously.

HICKS HAS BEEN ON THE DAYZ SERVER FOR FUCKING FOUR HOURS!!! This must mean something!

The fucking hell? 20 hours in-game, SmashT? Unpossible! http://www.game-monitor.com/dayz_GameServer/37.220.18.218:27016/DayZ_Steam_Testing_Server-.html

Can we all just agree this thread won't devolve into the equivalent of Reddit's stalker thread?

In the words of Rossums; it's really creepy.

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 4

Can we please NOT turn this thread into equivalent of Reddit's stalker-thread? It's fucking weird.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday...this feels like its getting a bit....stalkerish...o.O

Also, congratulations on being the biggest tool on the forum.

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 6

Can we all just agree this thread won't devolve into the equivalent of Reddit's stalker thread?

In the words of Rossums; it's really creepy.

Thank you. I'm not sure why we need updates on the server population at any given moment. Just fueling the almighty (and in this case irrelevant) fire of speculation.

• Like 1

In fact it's November first here in the USA, and I believe the second of November out in the west...time to end this thread and start up a November daily roundup.

Also, congratulations on being the biggest tool on the forum.

BAHHZINGGGGG

In fact it's November first here in the USA, and I believe the second of November out in the west...time to end this thread and start up a November daily roundup.

what? I mean the Nov 1st part here is right, but the part about being the 2nd in the west... what?

That said, Yah, Oct is over...

I was trying to make a point that they can't make the jump to a bigger test because performance/stability with ~20 people is poor. This is my take on it. 

what? I mean the Nov 1st part here is right, but the part about being the 2nd in the west... what?

That said, Yah, Oct is over...

I'm thinking europe, Japan, Russia, etc..I may have the concept of time zones mixed up >_< always thought it was at least 8 hours ahead all the way in Europe here..

Guys, I am shocked:

omgwsr1du2f0l.png

WTF is that?  I wondered why you were PMing me making no sense.  PS has a lot to answer for.

Has everyone here actually gone mental?  Oh well, was only a matter time.

Anyhoo, keep it up, so many wrong assumptions here based on very limited info.  I guess something has to fill the information vacuum.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 9

WTF is that?  I wondered why you were PMing me making no sense.  PS has a lot to answer for.

Has everyone here actually gone mental?  Oh well, was only a matter time.

Yup.