r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8 Update

Over a year of shooting/hatcheting those benches, and now they are removed.

This is possibly the best thing to ever happen to DayZ.

* [FIXED] - Removed benches in the middle of the NWAF barracks entrance.

• Like 3

Are any server operators having issues with time not being correct on their servers with 1.8?  Mine is always running way off correct time (+7 hours) and no matter what I set in the hive.ini file, the time is always the same on the server.

Yup, this is a known issue http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/148010-dayz-mod-18-update/page-4#entry1472120

thevisad advised that the slow db sync issues I've been seeing are the mod rather than reality. We've noticed it a lot after server restarts but I also see it in BlissAdmin, which shows active players < 60 seconds many players are not shown when they would have been on .7.7.1. 

good patch, i was reserved about the new gear system, and choosing spawns but overall i think it turns out nicely. 

a few things -

food and drink is spawning a hell of a lot (blunting the effect of bugged hunting so its not all bad) 

alot of the zeds are really laggy/weird - not swinging at me, running around or just ignoring me

also have makarov SD mags been increased in spawnrate? i ask only because taking regular makarov rounds was what made the maksd on par with the m9sd (in my opinion). The ability for it to use regular makarov rounds saved it from being crippled by small and very rare mags. 

I don´t know if it´s server related but according to DayZ Commander the server I´m playing on is Hive connected, still, I do not get a spawn selection screen, nor do I get to choose my gender and I can´t for the love of my life figure out how to open the Journal.

US 3279.

Spawn select is a server side option, so most likely just disabled for that server.

To access your journal you may need to rebind a key, go to options/controls then from the scroll down menu near the top select custom controls and assign a key to user action 20 i think it is,

Just to clarify--it was a conscious decision to not enable the spawn select function on US 3279. While I understand that some players would like it for various reasons, I felt that it did not belong on a "hardcore" server.

• Like 2

Just to clarify--it was a conscious decision to not enable the spawn select function on US 3279. While I understand that some players would like it for various reasons, I felt that it did not belong on a "hardcore" server.

I figured as much actually, thats why I chose the server but as I had not tried any other server I was not sure if it was server side option or not. By the way, awsome server, if you need any help keeping it online(financially or any other) please send me a message, would love to see it up for as long as possible! Good Hardcore is hard to come by.

Though you seem to have a vehicle spawn bug where two of the same vehicle spawn on the same spot, every vehicle I came across last night were dupes inside one another, if it´s due to the 1.8 patch or any other reason.

Edited by Misho

Flies were removed, since we cannot reliably/correctly clean them up, but the changelog was never updated since it was a last minute change.

I have gutted and gotten gear on man animals, need more info on this.

Are you saying remove toolbelting items? all primary weapons take up 10 slots.

There's really no good way to prevent carrying 2 primaries unless you are unable to pickup a second one without dropping your current weapon, or something to that effect.

I mean - if is possible - not to remove tools from toolbelt such as machete and hatchet, but fix the encumbrance of all melee weapons in terms of slot to 10 item slots (like primary weps) when putted into backpacks, just because you can't put 16 hatchets into an Alice pack, also is right that weapons in general requires more than 1 item slot of the backpack.

Can you restore flies for the next patch? Right now it's almost impossible even to retrieve our own bodies.

Thanks for pointing that out!  Only thing to do now is wait.

No reason to wait, you just need to apply an easy fix for that: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/148119-dayz-18-dev-bug-list/#entry1471871

Your players will appreciate ;)

Edited by Red Pyr4mid

Misho, I'm glad you like the server (thanks for the beans!)! And, thanks for the offers! While I do not accept donations (again, I appreciate the offer), I may seek out admin help, if necessary, when I switch the server over to SA (colo'd box, so I will be able to do that immediately upon release--no waiting for a hosting service).

Back to 1.8: I have seen that vehicle doubling bug since 1.7x. I am sorry to hear that it is still around. Since my server is purely vanilla with a public hive and zero mods, I think it is safe to say that it is nothing on my end. Unfortunately, being public, all I can do is re-install or restart the server (both have been done).

Edited by joikd

Yea this is a bug we have the time and date locked due to the times i work save me having to mess about at night. i forgot to correct them before we launched < they did get changed like 3 month ago.

We have already corrected just waiting on other stuff to come up to fix.

Is there an ETA on a hotfix? or even a work around?

So now people will just continue to suicide until they get their desired spawn point anyway.  We've add the spawn selection and noticed a massive improvement and less dead bodies along the coast ;)

Is there an ETA on a hotfix? or even a work around?

It's server side - meaning any server admin can fix it at any time, instructions were given on how to fix in the .8 dev buglist thread.

One more thing razor, 24 slot backpacks are much too common I recommend moving them to militaryspecial exclusively, food in general also to be spawning absolutely everywhere currently. 

I actually think unless everyone has tents we'll be pushed for room if we wish to craft. So more larger packs will be helpful.

Normal gear and standard packs plus extras to pick up now its going to be a juggle .

• Like 1

I'm just being told the mission site has been updated. Re download and give it a check.

The mission generator is still buggy. The mission file is just 1.6 kb instead of 44kb where it was yesterday. Wanted to enable the respawn menu. but the new mission file doesn´t work.

Edit: put the necessary code manually in the mission file. but the spawn is buggy at berezino. 2 of my players reported it to me.

Edited by Polli
  • Like 1

so i guess 1.8.1 will be out very soon? *gg*

I don´t think so. All patches came out later than expected^^

The mission generator is still buggy. The mission file is just 1.6 kb instead of 44kb where it was yesterday. Wanted to enable the respawn menu. but the new mission file doesn´t work.

Edit: put the necessary code manually in the mission file. but the spawn is buggy at berezino. 2 of my players reported it to me.

I'm pretty confused by this as well.  My server seems to be working fine, minus the various bugs that have already been mentioned on this thread.  But I'm concerned that the mission file is so small, that something must obviously be missing? We've been hacked dozens of times in the past day alone since this update, so not sure what antihacks you've put in there, but they aren't working on my server :P

Edited by urbanskaters

I'm pretty confused by this as well.  My server seems to be working fine, minus the various bugs that have already been mentioned on this thread.  But I'm concerned that the mission file is so small, that something must obviously be missing? We've been hacked dozens of times in the past day alone since this update, so not sure what antihacks you've put in there, but they aren't working on my server :P

The mission file is small because the rest of the mission file code required is within the dayz_code PBO now. It was listed in the change log;

* [uPDATED] - Missionfile is now much smaller.

Edited by Papzzz
  • Like 1

It's server side - meaning any server admin can fix it at any time, instructions were given on how to fix in the .8 dev buglist thread.

Mind to point to it? 

The mission file is small because the rest of the mission file code required is within the dayz_code PBO now. It was listed in the change log;

I have read the changelog. But it was 44KB yesterday as i made the update. I had no bugs so far.

I will upload the small mission file and will see what happens.

read the code, the mission file is included from your dayz_code pbo to save file size and speed up loading 

Edited by seaweed

OH God this new backpack... everytime I open it I'm going through orgasm, I love picking up even trash just to open my swaggy backpack

I love where this is going. Amazing patch THX so much

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 1

Wow.. I'm absolutely stunned with the progress this mod has made since Razor took over..

This update is the best one since version #312. :)