r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8 Update

there a client update to this as well?  Steam seems to have not updated this time (last patch they updated before the server did).  HFB Servers seems to have not made this available yet as well.

there a client update to this as well?  Steam seems to have not updated this time (last patch they updated before the server did).  HFB Servers seems to have not made this available yet as well.

Client files are in the op, and as always it can take a while for some server providers to go over to the new server files.

So if my character is currently infected (which he is :( ), will I immediately be considered "fully infected" under the new system?

So if my character is currently infected (which he is :( ), will I immediately be considered "fully infected" under the new system?

Yes.

Same problem, and hospitals aren't spawning loot for me either -,-

"fully infected" is the same as the old infected status from the last patch, that hasn't changed.

Only change is that there is now a pre infected state "sepsis", which delays the full effects of infection and gives you more chance to prevent full infection through antiseptic wipes/bandages which are more common than antibiotics.

big enough? it was already way too huge and it was in the way before so now you will play dayz as a compas character

compass now twice as big :/ it was big enough already, will it not just get in the way now?

Looks promising. Let's see how infection works now. It can destroy whole gameplay for me, but what I know?

Fingers crossed changelog looks sweet.

1.8 working well on my server. 64 players online, no reported issues :)

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda

Damnit, makes me wish i still had my server, i would have fun tweaking the new code. :P

Looks like a good patch Razor. ;)

The battleeye filters you release with are a joke

What do you mean? I'm asking seriously btw because i'm always keen to learn about exploits on my server etc.. 

The battleeye filters you release with are a joke

We don't run filters on any of the test servers and never will. Faco does his best to keep them update as we go along. You are more then welcome to send pull requests to faco to update as you find issues.

Been fishing up the coast, caught some seabass...coocked it....love the patch :)

• Like 4

Reading these change logs always make me tingly. :)

I hate doing long change lists my disabilities and typing do not mix well at all :-(. Lets hope we can release much faster with the new system in place :-)

We don't run filters on any of the test servers and never will. Faco does his best to keep them update as we go along. You are more then welcome to send pull requests to faco to update as you find issues.

I don't think thats a very smart way to do things, I'm sure its easier for development but someone should definitely test them fully before any release last 2 patches there's been kicks for basic things that we noticed within 10 minutes of having server up 

Edited by seaweed

I don't think thats a very smart way to do things, I'm sure its easier for development but you should definitely test them fully before any release last 2 patches there's been kicks for basic things that we noticed within 10 minutes of having server up 

I don't have the hours in the day to take responsibility for 3rd party systems sorry. Unless you fancy paying me so i can drop one of my jobs :-(

The fact is every member of the dayz dev team do this for free in there spare time and most of us all work so everything done is done in our spare time for free just for the love of it all.

• Like 16

I don't have the hours in the day to take responsibility for 3rd party systems sorry. Unless you fancy paying me so i can drop one of my jobs :-(

The fact is every member of the dayz dev team do this for free in there spare time and most of us all work so everything done is done in our spare time for free just for the love of it all.

Not asking you to do it personally but why not the person who puts the filters together in the first place? Surely they can run a test server just like BMRF did before a patch is released? 

Anyway the patch itself is brilliant so far so congratulations on your hard work it is much appreciated. 

I would like to suggest the naming convention for spawn selection in server names. I.e. SS:ON. so in the name for a server with cross hairs, spawn selection, no name plates, and third person it would be. [CH:ON|TP:ON|NP:OFF|SS:ON] just to make it easier for all of us. :)

Also if you would like to help test the latest beta, I am forcing it on my server, FR16, Download it here http://www.arma2.com/downloads/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_108074.zip and connect, report any problems on the github as an issue or in the feedback thread. Being able to force this beta on all servers would be an important step forward for security. Thanks in advance to anyone that tests.

Edit: Playing on this server will also help speed up filter improvements since we wouldn't need to collect logs from other hosts.

Edited by icomrade
  • Like 1