r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8 Update

Oh, btw, I know this must be old news but just in case.

Did you know there's a bug where tents, vehicles, etc. will glitch out over an entire server restart cycle? People on my server seem to think it is a hive issue. Any info on this or is it just a problem with the server I play on?

I'll miss 1.7.7.1. I'll miss the dire need to cooperate. My prediction is this patch will bring back pvp in a massive way.

When was it gone?!

These are the problems I've experienced today:

• Kick for ScriptRescription #1 when gathering comfrey
  • No "Gear" on the action menu before and after killing and gutting any animal (actually is not possible to carve meat from animals)
  • Melee weapons coming from toolbelt (hatchet, machete and crowbar) uses 10 item slot only if they moved into backpack while equipped. In short they take 1 item slot if moved from the toolbelt and 10 item slots if moved while in hand, baseball bat works perfectly and take always 10 item slots. I propose to fix the encumbrance of all the melee weapons to 10 item slots always, in every condition.
  • An already reported bug with the new Carry slot that allows to replace the melee weapon with any firearm and gives the possibility to go around with two main weapons instead of one.
  • Found tons of dead bodies and never heard any flies.

Just to point out some issues, the update as I have already said is awesome and I'm also excited for the rolling changelog: the ability to remove parts from vehicles will be awesome, maybe will be also useful to add a status in percentage of vehicle parts like done in other mods.

Flies were removed, since we cannot reliably/correctly clean them up, but the changelog was never updated since it was a last minute change.

I have gutted and gotten gear on man animals, need more info on this.

Are you saying remove toolbelting items? all primary weapons take up 10 slots.

There's really no good way to prevent carrying 2 primaries unless you are unable to pickup a second one without dropping your current weapon, or something to that effect.

I read somewhere that the crafting recipes need to be figured out by the player (that there is no guide etc), but I found this recipe book when I accessed my journal ? ? 

2dt57iu.png

These are the problems I've experienced today:

• Kick for ScriptRescription #1 when gathering comfrey
  • No "Gear" on the action menu before and after killing and gutting any animal (actually is not possible to carve meat from animals)
  • Melee weapons coming from toolbelt (hatchet, machete and crowbar) uses 10 item slot only if they moved into backpack while equipped. In short they take 1 item slot if moved from the toolbelt and 10 item slots if moved while in hand, baseball bat works perfectly and take always 10 item slots. I propose to fix the encumbrance of all the melee weapons to 10 item slots always, in every condition.
  • An already reported bug with the new Carry slot that allows to replace the melee weapon with any firearm and gives the possibility to go around with two main weapons instead of one.
  • Found tons of dead bodies and never heard any flies.

Just to point out some issues, the update as I have already said is awesome and I'm also excited for the rolling changelog: the ability to remove parts from vehicles will be awesome, maybe will be also useful to add a status in percentage of vehicle parts like done in other mods.

damn, makes me want to wait for 1.8.8.1 or what ever version...

how long will this update last until the next update comes? I would rather stay on a stable 1.7.7.1 (even though its still buggy, people can play without getting kicked by battle eye)

If these issues will cause more issues, why do we need to be on the bleeding edge for dayz?

Nice patch.  One of the best in ages actually.

Totally agree.

* [NEW] - Weapon switch 1, 2, 3 keys function as hotkey. (1 => rifle, 2 => pistol, 3 => melee) > ALL

* [NEW] - You may now access another player's gear if they are unconscious.*

...at last!!  I can finally unarm people...  and snatch other things if needed.  I'll be less reluctant to shoot the even more treacherous survivors than bandits as a hero.

Also somewhat of an incentive to not constantly killing people for loot for everyone else...

Edited by Kraorr

I've now twice encountered a bug where after being knocked unconscious and then killed, I will 'wake up' with the unconscious hourglass appearing on-screen (complete with the white filter), but be able to move around as normal.

Not only could this be a huge exploit if I was armed (I wasn't, either time), if you have no way of killing the zombies attacking you, then you're actually stuck in some kind of limbo - for some reason you're not 'dead' (at least until you log out and log back in), but you can't abort, because it registers you as in combat. I actually had to alt-f4 out of the game, because there was no other way I could think of to resolve the situation.

Loot respawns veerrrry quickly, not sure if this is due to some of the optimizations (which are abolsutely awesome btw) but if there's a timer involved it definitely needs a higher limit. Loot cycling is a bad enough strategy as it is and this patch makes it even easier as the distance checks for loot spawning seem to be gone? 

The patch is great bar the small problems like the SVD etc which I'm sure you'll have hotfixed soon. Some people complaining about zombie damage being too high last night. Personally I like it, they don't make you bleed/infect you instantly and the agro feels infinitely better than 7.7.1. 

Edited by seaweed

Loot respawns veerrrry quickly, not sure if this is due to some of the optimizations (which are abolsutely awesome btw) but if there's a timer involved it definitely needs a higher limit. Loot cycling is a bad enough strategy as it is and this patch makes it even easier as the distance checks for loot spawning seem to be gone? 

The patch is great bar the small problems like the SVD etc which I'm sure you'll have hotfixed soon. Some people complaining about zombie damage being too high last night. Personally I like it, they don't make you bleed/infect you instantly and the agro feels infinitely better than 7.7.1. 

hello man! :)

So do we have 1.8 finally on zerosurvival-server? :blush:

last night I want to play, I saw 1.7.7.1 version... :huh:

hello man! :)

So do we have 1.8 finally on zerosurvival-server? :blush:

last night I want to play, I saw 1.7.7.1 version... :huh:

Main server is on 1.7.7.1 second server on 1.8 read the website we've had a 1.8 server up since it was released 

Edited by seaweed
  • Like 1

Main server is on 1.7.7.1 second server on 1.8 read the website we've had a 1.8 server up since it was released 

thanks for info.

So I will wait for 1.8 on main server... - how long will it take?

One more thing razor, 24 slot backpacks are much too common I recommend moving them to militaryspecial exclusively, food in general also to be spawning absolutely everywhere currently. 

Edited by seaweed
  • Like 1

One more thing razor, 24 slot backpacks are much too common I recommend moving them to militaryspecial exclusively, food in general also to be spawning absolutely everywhere currently. 

I think its good, when we have much food in spawn, since the "gear-option" does not work on dead animals(hunting)

People reporting they can repair vehicles to fully green by scrolling and selecting "repair vehicle" regardless of if they have any parts in their inventory to repair it. 

lol how nerfed is the enfield in this patch?! i just witnessed a chimpanzed take two enfield rounds and still not die :P unheard of!

lol how nerfed is the enfield in this patch?! i just witnessed a chimpanzed take two enfield rounds and still not die :P unheard of!

The Enfield hasn't been nerfed, what you encountered was a Viral zed, they have been around since version 1.7.7  and can take more damage.

• Like 1

still have to try crafting, but all feels so refreshening that i just wanna play more.

I don´t know if it´s server related but according to DayZ Commander the server I´m playing on is Hive connected, still, I do not get a spawn selection screen, nor do I get to choose my gender and I can´t for the love of my life figure out how to open the Journal.

US 3279.

I don´t know if it´s server related but according to DayZ Commander the server I´m playing on is Hive connected, still, I do not get a spawn selection screen, nor do I get to choose my gender and I can´t for the love of my life figure out how to open the Journal.

US 3279.

Spawn select is a server side option, so most likely just disabled for that server.

To access your journal you may need to rebind a key, go to options/controls then from the scroll down menu near the top select custom controls and assign a key to user action 20 i think it is,

• Like 1

Like the update - good work!

The best thing i had hoped for was wall hacking/ glitching, insta-kill infected hits.

Was inside a building yesterday, by a wall when an infected came through the wall, killed me with one hit then went back outside. Rage quit right there!

Are any server operators having issues with time not being correct on their servers with 1.8?  Mine is always running way off correct time (+7 hours) and no matter what I set in the hive.ini file, the time is always the same on the server.