r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8 Update

Is spawn select enabled // disabled by default?

added but disabled you need to enable within the mission init or use the mission site to download a new mission.

• Like 1

Are there any things server owners should be updating for this patch that would cause  SetVariable Restictions boots?

Are there any things server owners should be updating for this patch that would cause  SetVariable Restictions boots?

Yeah, BE filters...

• Like 1

Yeah, BE filters...

Okay, just checking.  I got one a moment ago and am not in contact with the server owners, but I presumed it would be the case. Thanks!

We're running an official hive server and after the update my players don't get gender selection screen or the option to choose which area to spawn in.  I followed the link for the map generator and chose the options.  Is there anything else I might have missed? 

Update: I downloaded the mission file again the area selection page works, but I'm still not getting the gender selection .. 

Edited by urbanskaters

We're running an official hive server and after the update my players don't get gender selection screen or the option to choose which area to spawn in.  I followed the link for the map generator and chose the options.  Is there anything else I might have missed? 

We are just waiting for the guys to get back to update the mission site it looks like there may be a bug on it. 

I'm just being told the mission site has been updated. Re download and give it a check.

I'm just being told the mission site has been updated. Re download and give it a check.

Still no Gender selection.  I'll try again in the morning , maybe they'll have fixed it by then.  Thanks for the new release by the way. 

This code is still wiping all tents on each restart. (Hasn't been fixed since 1.7.7).

DELETEFROM Object_DATAWHERE Classname = 'TentStorage' or Classname = 'StashSmall' or Classname = 'StashMedium'AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 7 DAYAND Inventory = '[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]';DELETEFROM Object_DATAWHERE Classname = 'TentStorage' or Classname = 'StashSmall' or Classname = 'StashMedium'AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 7 DAYAND Inventory = '[]'; 
This method is a fix (longer, can be shortened).

DELETE		FROM Object_DATA		USING Object_DATA, character_data		WHERE Object_DATA.Classname = 'TentStorage'			AND Object_DATA.CharacterID = character_data.CharacterID			AND character_data.Alive = 0			AND DATE(character_data.last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 4 DAY;	DELETE		FROM Object_DATA		USING Object_DATA, character_data		WHERE Object_DATA.Classname = 'StashSmall'			AND Object_DATA.CharacterID = character_data.CharacterID			AND character_data.Alive = 0			AND DATE(character_data.last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 4 DAY;	DELETE		FROM Object_DATA		USING Object_DATA, character_data		WHERE Object_DATA.Classname = 'StashMedium'			AND Object_DATA.CharacterID = character_data.CharacterID			AND character_data.Alive = 0			AND DATE(character_data.last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 4 DAY;	DELETE		FROM Object_DATA		WHERE Classname = 'TentStorage'			AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 7 DAY			AND Inventory = '[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]'; 
The SVD_CAMO,SVD_DZ & SVD_CAMO_DZ are all non-functional.

You can not select them when pressing "F", you cannot scope, you cannot fire. No life.

Will report more bugs as they are found.

Edited by KaMikaZeDaN

-- --------------------------------------------------------
-- Host:                         127.0.0.1-- Server version:               5.6.10 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)-- Server OS:                    Win64-- HeidiSQL version:             7.0.0.4053-- Date/time:                    2013-09-17 22:56:20-- --------------------------------------------------------/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;/*!40014 SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;-- Dumping structure for procedure test.pCleanupDELIMITER //CREATE DEFINER=`dayz`@`localhost` PROCEDURE `pCleanup`()BEGIN#starts outofbounds cleanupCALL pCleanupOOB();#remove dead players from data tableDELETE FROM character_data WHERE Alive=0; #remove vehicles with 100% damageDELETEFROM object_data WHERE Damage = '1'; #remove unused vehicles older then 14 daysDELETEFROM object_dataWHERE DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 14 DAYAND Classname != 'dummy'AND Classname != 'Hedgehog_DZ'AND Classname != 'Wire_cat1'AND Classname != 'Sandbag1_DZ'AND Classname != 'TrapBear'AND Classname != 'StashSmall'AND Classname != 'StashMedium';#Remove camonets whose owner has been dead for 1 dayDELETE FROM object_dataUSING object_data, character_dataWHERE (object_data.Classname = 'CamoNet_DZ')AND object_data.CharacterID = character_data.CharacterIDAND character_data.Alive = 0AND DATE(character_data.last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 1 Day;#remove tents/stashs whose owner has been dead for four daysDELETEFROM object_dataUSING object_data, character_dataWHERE (object_data.Classname = 'TentStorage' or object_data.Classname = 'StashSmall' or object_data.Classname = 'StashMedium')AND object_data.CharacterID = character_data.CharacterIDAND character_data.Alive = 0AND DATE(character_data.last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 4 DAY;#remove empty tents older than seven daysDELETEFROM object_dataWHERE (Classname = 'TentStorage' or Classname = 'StashSmall' or Classname = 'StashMedium')AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 7 DAYAND Inventory = '[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]';DELETEFROM object_dataWHERE (Classname = 'TentStorage' or Classname = 'StashSmall' or Classname = 'StashMedium')AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 7 DAYAND Inventory = '[]'; #remove barbed wire older than two daysDELETEFROM object_dataWHERE Classname = 'Wire_cat1'AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 2 DAY;#remove Tank Traps older than fifteen daysDELETEFROM object_dataWHERE Classname = 'Hedgehog_DZ'AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 15 DAY;#remove Sandbags older than twenty daysDELETEFROM object_dataWHERE Classname = 'Sandbag1_DZ'AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 20 DAY;#remove Bear Traps older than five daysDELETEFROM object_dataWHERE Classname = 'TrapBear'AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 5 DAY;END//DELIMITER ;/*!40014 SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=1 */;/*!40101 SET CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;

Should fix the issues.

SVD's we know about.

Great patch all round.

Better UI / Inventory system by far. Better frame rates. Liking the new quick weapon/melee switches.

Infection seems more logical now. Liking the new items and crafting options.

And also...thank god the spinning/warping zombies seem to be no more. Good work all round. Defo the best patch to date.

Edit.

Razor was the punji sticks trap not implemented then? I see grenade trip wires etc (which are awesome)

Was looking forward to some Vietnam style Punji. Maybe it's in and I haven't noticed it. If it's not in...hopefully next patch eh!

Great update though.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Edit: Yeah, think it's time for bed. I obviously need the rest.. lol. Found the player list  :(  ^_^

Edited by urbanskaters

I can't find an option to list players and selectively mute them.  We use this to track down mic spamming.. Any ideas? :)

i think its hit p then select the player and mute < something like that anyway

• Like 1

Players keep getting kicked for public variable restrictions. Different numbers each time.  One player in particular gets it every time he passes out.  

Looks pretty good so far... loot spawns seemed fixed for the most part however anyone else notice the insensible amount of food that is everywhere now?

From playing on the test server I noticed very few animals to kill.  Unless that was just me or a state of the test server you'll need the food.  Zombies didn't infect me but they cause a lot of bleeding.  It was a struggle to keep enough blood.  It was subtle but difficult to stay healthy. 

You might want to take a look at the siphoning fuel function, it is currently possible to siphon unlimited ( I did like 300L+ ) from regular bicykles, this makes them a portable fuel spot which one can bring to his camp or wherever making refueling helis and such alot less risky.

• Like 2

im curious, the fix log says

* [FIXED] - Antihack.

I personally have been ripped off by 3 anti hack sells, my thread is here...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/148082-tired-of-getting-ripped-off-by-anti-hack-sellers-please-help/

so I am wonder, what anti hack is fixed, and it what way, because it never really worked...

Great work guys and thanks to all that have put the effort in to keep the mod alive. I Can't wait to play.

Nice update. 

For some reason we do not have night times. Was it removed? 

I even changed the hiveext.ini to use local time. But still day at night. Is this on purpose?

Nice update. 

For some reason we do not have night times. Was it removed? 

I even changed the hiveext.ini to use local time. But still day at night. Is this on purpose?

Yea this is a bug we have the time and date locked due to the times i work save me having to mess about at night. i forgot to correct them before we launched < they did get changed like 3 month ago.

We have already corrected just waiting on other stuff to come up to fix.

• Like 1

These are the problems I've experienced today:

• Kick for ScriptRescription #1 when gathering comfrey
  • No "Gear" on the action menu before and after killing and gutting any animal (actually is not possible to carve meat from animals)
  • Melee weapons coming from toolbelt (hatchet, machete and crowbar) uses 10 item slot only if they moved into backpack while equipped. In short they take 1 item slot if moved from the toolbelt and 10 item slots if moved while in hand, baseball bat works perfectly and take always 10 item slots. I propose to fix the encumbrance of all the melee weapons to 10 item slots always, in every condition.
  • An already reported bug with the new Carry slot that allows to replace the melee weapon with any firearm and gives the possibility to go around with two main weapons instead of one.
  • Found tons of dead bodies and never heard any flies.

Just to point out some issues, the update as I have already said is awesome and I'm also excited for the rolling changelog: the ability to remove parts from vehicles will be awesome, maybe will be also useful to add a status in percentage of vehicle parts like done in other mods. <- this has already been done in 1.8 with the new Repair vehicle section, I like it

Edited by Red Pyr4mid

Performance improvement is stunning, nice work. Inventory and weapon switching is tight, nice work there.

I can confirm no gear option on dead animals, at least goat. I tried zooming but no luck there either.

Also, when I had mp5 equipped and did quick action menu to pickup m4cco it dropped mp5 and mp5 mags (like it should) but also pdw mags as well.

This is an "imho", but I think infection rates should be tweaked up a bit maybe, I ran absolutely carelessly through berenzino letting zombies wail on me and I couldn't even get the sepsis. 

I was afraid of how heavy the damage would be on new zombies but is totally reasonable. I took so many hits and only went half blood.

Respawn rates on loot are hella quick. Might want to consider that when adjusting industrial loot spawn. At current performance I could probably farm the factory and get enough to fix a heli in two hours or so, instead of the previous 3 days with 3 men looking all over the map.

Should be fun, thanks again Razor and crew.

I'll miss 1.7.7.1. I'll miss the dire need to cooperate. My prediction is this patch will bring back pvp in a massive way.

• Like 2