r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8 Update

Over a year of shooting/hatcheting those benches, and now they are removed.

This is possibly the best thing to ever happen to DayZ.

* [FIXED] - Removed benches in the middle of the NWAF barracks entrance.

Noo.. the best thing to happen to DayZ this patch is the ability to carry a rifle and a hatchet at the same time..

I just can't wait until the other melee weapons become more relevant! :)

Edit: Best. Patch. Ever.

Edited by Cyanyde

The mission file is small because the rest of the mission file code required is within the dayz_code PBO now. It was listed in the change log;

44kb down to 1kb is a bit more than just "much smaller" .. That should read "tiny" :)

Edited by urbanskaters

Nice patch.  One of the best in ages actually.

I was just reading the log and wondering if its Christmas already? So much good stuff in there!

So now people will just continue to suicide until they get their desired spawn point anyway.  We've add the spawn selection and noticed a massive improvement and less dead bodies along the coast ;)

Maybe so. But, I'm not going to actively encourage something I think is cheesy (like clearing the area around crash site loot). The price they will pay is a little inconvenience. Actually, I like having the option. It acts as another filter.

As far as dead bodies on the coast--doesn't matter to me since I don't hang around on the coast.

Edited by joikd
  • Like 2

Maybe so. But, I'm not going to actively encourage something I think is cheesy (like clearing the area around crash site loot). The price they will pay is a little inconvenience. Actually, I like having the option. It act as another filter.

As far as dead bodies on the coast--doesn't matter to me since I don't hang around on the coast.

Obviously your server is about what "YOU" want then (typical dayz community attitude), so good for you buddy.  I actually listen to my players and the majority of them like the new set up, cheesy or not, that's not for you or me to decide on their behalf.  Your server appears to be 2 players , while mine maxes out at 42 players every day (averaging 16-25 during low period) UK352 ;)

Edited by urbanskaters

Obviously your server is about what "YOU" want then (typical dayz community attitude), so good for you buddy.  I actually listen to my players and the majority of them like the new set up, cheesy or not, that's not for you or me to decide on their behalf.  Your server appears to be 2 players , while mine maxes out at 42 players every day (averaging 25-30 during low period) UK352 ;)

Well, his server is what his type of players want, including myself and alot more of us in peak times, you can´t compare his 2 players online right now, yeah there might be but it´s also mid day in the US and his server doesn´t call for the stay at home 12 year old KoS players. The guy is running a server at a difficulty far higher than yours and is probably doing it because that´s what HE want´s, why shouldnt he, it´s his server and he is paying for it, even if there were 0 players online he might still want to play it on his server which he knows is stable and well maintained aswell as offering the difficulty he likes.

You sound like a proper english cunt and your server currently has 15 players and according to statistics had 8 players averege last month.

Edited by Fraggle

Obviously your server is about what "YOU" want then (typical dayz community attitude), so good for you buddy.  I actually listen to my players and the majority of them like the new set up, cheesy or not, that's not for you or me to decide on their behalf.  Your server appears to be 2 players , while mine maxes out at 42 players every day (averaging 16-25 during low period) UK352 ;)

I'm not sure where your anger is coming from, but, whatever, it's all good. Folks can play wherever they like, with cheese or without (who cares?). My original post regarding the no-spawn-selection on my server was simply to clarify that it wasn't due to a bug. 

I think you might not be seeing my goal with my server. As DayZ is the anti-game, my server is the anti-DayZ-server for the very rare (but, highly regarded by me) hardcore-type players. Logically, it follows that they are few in number.

Edited by joikd
  • Like 3

Well, his server is what his type of players want, including myself and alot more of us in peak times, you can´t compare his 2 players online right now, yeah there might be but it´s also mid day in the US and his server doesn´t call for the stay at home 12 year old KoS players. The guy is running a server at a difficulty far higher than yours and is probably doing it because that´s what HE want´s, why shouldnt he, it´s his server and he is paying for it, even if there were 0 players online he might still want to play it on his server which he knows is stable and well maintained aswell as offering the difficulty he likes.

You sound like a proper english cunt and your server currently has 15 players and according to statistics had 8 players averege last month.

Hi Misho.  Don't call people cunts on our forums.  Many thanks.

Have a warning point and back on topic.

• Like 1

One word for the Inventory's new look. HAWT.

Had the chance of playing a few hours yesterday and I must say:

Job well done guys!!!!

Love the new inventory system (although I suggest to use different colors for items that are on the ground and not on you, f.e. black what you are carrying and white for what's on the ground)

Couldn't you fix some more obvious bugs that have been around for ages? i don't know like  !! sPAWNING ON THE COAST, WITHOUT EVEN DYING!!   i've found a workaround, but it's a damn hassle just to spawn in the same place you logged off.

Your character is corrupt, I see you have posted the same "bug" to which you make reference "7 months later" on the 24th of July this year, so that would take you back early this year that you are having this problem.

Which server(s) are you playing on, not on a Public Hive, of that I'm pretty certain.

Your problem has nothing to do with 1.8, make a Topic in the Troubleshooting Forum.

Also, don't shout.

Hi,

I have a private hive on HFB server and i have enabled spawn selection in init.sqf

dayz_spawnselection = 1;

but doesn't work

i dont have screen for gender selection and spawn selection.

it's normal for private hive ?

thanks

Sounds like a great patch to me. Really nice to read all the changes. New inventory new enterable buildings wow .

Sounds like a great patch to me. Really nice to read all the changes. New inventory new enterable buildings wow .

NO - I don t think that there are new enterable buildings :)

NO - I don t think that there are new enterable buildings :)

* [NEW] - New Loot locations (Land_a_stationhouse, Land_HouseV2_04_interier, Land_Mil_Barracks_i, Land_SS_hangar)

So I misunderstood that?

* [NEW] - New Loot locations (Land_a_stationhouse, Land_HouseV2_04_interier, Land_Mil_Barracks_i, Land_SS_hangar)

So I misunderstood that?

This just means there are new loot pile locations defined for those building classes. Those buildings already existed on the map, they just added a few more potential spawn points for those buildings.

So I misunderstood that?

There are some new loot positions. For example - loot spawns on the table in red brick houses now.

The Enfield hasn't been nerfed, what you encountered was a Viral zed, they have been around since version 1.7.7  and can take more damage.

Ah, thanks for clarification man :)

I'm not sure where your anger is coming from, but, whatever, it's all good. Folks can play wherever they like, with cheese or without (who cares?). My original post regarding the no-spawn-selection on my server was simply to clarify that it wasn't due to a bug. 

I think you might not be seeing my goal with my server. As DayZ is the anti-game, my server is the anti-DayZ-server for the very rare (but, highly regarded by me) hardcore-type players. Logically, it follows that they are few in number.

Been looking for a server like yours man, Public hive,100% hardcore settings, first person only luvliness, you've got yourself a new player :beans:

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

I saw it was asked but everyone ignored the poor feller who did, any idears on when the update will be out for play with six?