r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8 Update

Freakin love the new hud

same dude, same. ^^

but they really need to fix as soon as posible 3 things

- meat from animals | after gutting get nothing

- zeds HIT animations | they have invisible knife or smtg

- and SVD's | not any svd working even the cloths

I've only played about an hour on 1.8 so far. Things I've noticed, are they true or false?

- Seems to be a lot more food

- Seems to be a much higher chance of finding weapons, for example the elektro firehall always seems to have an ak or m4 lying around

- Zombies have higher dmg + rate of attack? Nearly got mauled by a single zombie because I wasn't aware of this and my keys were all messed up 

I've only played about an hour on 1.8 so far. Things I've noticed, are they true or false?

- Seems to be a lot more food

- Seems to be a much higher chance of finding weapons, for example the elektro firehall always seems to have an ak or m4 lying around

- Zombies have higher dmg + rate of attack? Nearly got mauled by a single zombie because I wasn't aware of this and my keys were all messed up 

If I am not wrong, loot value is set by admins

anyway need some help.  How I drop my backpack ? ( normal drop stuff is double click ) aslo I couldn't take body's backpack 

If I am not wrong, loot value is set by admins

anyway need some help.  How I drop my backpack ? ( normal drop stuff is double click ) aslo I couldn't take body's backpack 

Loot can only be altered by admins on private hives.

And to drop your backpack just go to gear, scroll down to your backpack in the left window and move it out of your inventory with the arrow to the left of it. same thing to pick up, go to the gear of the body and use the arrow next to the backpack to move it into your inventory.

• Like 2

You're much less likely to get infected now,

In addition to that there are now two stages, first sepsis which lasts 30 minutes, then infection, sepsis can be cured with an antiseptic wipe which are much more common than antibiotics.

• Like 1

You're much less likely to get infected now,

In addition to that there are now two stages, first sepsis which lasts 30 minutes, then infection, sepsis can be cured with an antiseptic wipe which are much more common than antibiotics.

Oh, I was told you had to use wipes right after you got hit to avoid infection.

How do you tell if you have sepsis?

Oh, I was told you had to use wipes right after you got hit to avoid infection.

How do you tell if you have sepsis?

If you do get sepsis a message will briefly show up on the screen, after 15 minutes the message will show up again and you will start to slowly lose blood, and after another 15 minutes you will be fully infected.

• Like 1

Is it just me? Or can you not get meat off animals after gutting them? I've killed 4 animals and after gutting, there is no gear option, just hide body, study body and switch weapon

Now we just need one thing fixed. Body Temperature.

For the most part, it's always on Red Hot. Will we be seeing some tweaks on this? I'd like to get cold from raining weather easier and get an illness from that as well or even getting thirsty faster if you get too hot.

I have to agree with this. It is actually pretty difficult to get cold

Glad you added the ShackTac Movement addon, been less painful to run through houses.

Is it just me? Or can you not get meat off animals after gutting them? I've killed 4 animals and after gutting, there is no gear option, just hide body, study body and switch weapon

I had that trouble for 1 day, now it seems to work fine? Strange. Maybe server reboot helps.

just to say that we should not wait for hotfix so long to be aproved, i understand dalays for regular updates, but hotfix thats something that should get aproved rightaway...and relese as soon its posible...

what the hell Dean?

I had that trouble for 1 day, now it seems to work fine? Strange. Maybe server reboot helps.

It does happen on occasion.  It's a known issue.  Hopefully will be fixed soon.

just to say that we should not wait for hotfix so long to be aproved, i understand dalays for regular updates, but hotfix thats something that should get aproved rightaway...and relese as soon its posible...

what the hell Dean?

Dean has already cleared the hotfix. However no one atm has time to fix the humanity issue due to real life. :-(

• Like 1

Dean has already cleared the hotfix. However no one atm has time to fix the humanity issue due to real life. :-(

In all honesty you should just drop that peice off of the hotfix and release it. Do another hotfix when you guys have time.

EDIT: Also R4Z0R can i get a reinvite to the skype convo(twamp22)

Edited by Twamp

played my first 1.8 game today briefly

instantly checked out the gear system when i got in to a game, was instantly confused lol. but once i found some gear and started playing around with it, it seems pretty straightforward, the same as the last one, but nicer to look at
i like the addition of hot swapping, but seemed pretty slow for me, but also glad about switching to melee
there seemed to be alot of food around, and also in some buildings there was loot everywhere, and some complete empty
also zeds barely even noticed me most of the time, even when sprinting
overall seems good, cant wait to check it out more

• Like 1

The loot hotfix is abit unclear for me. Does this revert back to the buggy 1.7.7.1 loot spawn where nothing would spawn when going into a building/location first time?

Or does it keep the current spawn system with just less piles loot? That's fine for me. 

Edited by monoking

Has the issue with Direct Comms not working while disableVon is set to 1, been fixed yet.  That seems to be a pretty important bug considering most admins struggle with SideChat Voice spammers when we're running the game at higher levels, as it doesn't show the persons name.  It's a constant struggle to keep asking players to turn off Von in sound settings, or go through the names systemically muting them (especially as most spammers are aware of this and only keep their voice spams to a couple of seconds at a time).  

Has the issue with Direct Comms not working while disableVon is set to 1, been fixed yet.  That seems to be a pretty important bug considering most admins struggle with SideChat Voice spammers when we're running the game at higher levels, as it doesn't show the persons name.  It's a constant struggle to keep asking players to turn off Von in sound settings, or go through the names systemically muting them (especially as most spammers are aware of this and only keep their voice spams to a couple of seconds at a time).  

If i remember correctly you show whos speaking regardless of which difficulty you are on by setting vonID = 1 in your servers .ArmA2OAProfile 

Edited by Fluxley

If i remember correctly you show whos speaking regardless of which difficulty you are on by setting vonID = 1 in your servers .ArmA2OAProfile 

The settings are different for official hive servers. We tried that already and it doesn't work.  But maybe one of the devs can shed some light on the problem.  Having that vonID=1 working with Veteran mode would be perfect   :)

Here's what's in our servers arma2oaprofile:

version=1;blood=1;singleVoice=0;gamma=1;brightness=1;shadingQuality=7;shadowQuality=3;maxSamplesPlayed=32;sceneComplexity=300000;viewDistance=1600;terrainGrid=10;volumeCD=6.5;volumeFX=8.5;volumeSpeech=5.5;volumeVoN=6.5;vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

Our server_cfg file (which seems to have replaced the old arma2oaprofile) looks like this: 

NB. I had to cut the top part out as it contained passwords and motd etc, which aren't relevant here.

motdInterval=300;maxPlayers = 42;	kickDuplicate = 1;verifySignatures = 2;equalModRequired = 0;requiredBuild = 95248;voteMissionPlayers = 2;voteThreshold = 2;disableVoN = 0;vonCodecQuality = 10;persistent = 1;timeStampFormat = "short";BattlEye = 1;onUserConnected = "";onUserDisconnected = "";doubleIdDetected = "";regularCheck = "";onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";onHackedData = 	"kick (_this select 0)";onDifferentData = "";FriendlyTag=0; EnemyTag=0; class Missions{class DayZ {template = dayz_11786.Chernarus;difficulty = "veteran";};};
Edited by urbanskaters

Finally got a day off work.

We should have fixed most of the issues reported including the humanity and kills issue. I hope to have a build in the testers hands tomorrow morning if all goes well.

Sorry.

• Like 10