r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8 Update

Finally got a day off work.

We should have fixed most of the issues reported including the humanity and kills issue. I hope to have a build in the testers hands tomorrow morning if all goes well.

Sorry.

So 1.8.0.1 out next week?

Edited by Dchil

Unfortunately I will stop playing and wait for the DayZ Standalone

Game crashes a lot and moreover the frames are not good

I have an i5 2310, GTX560 and 8GB of RAM

Now I'm buying a i5 3570 Ivy + GTX770 2GB OC, hope I do not have that problem in Standalone

:beans:

Edited by ramonsantospinto

Finally got a day off work.

We should have fixed most of the issues reported including the humanity and kills issue. I hope to have a build in the testers hands tomorrow morning if all goes well.

Sorry.

R4Z0R49 - I tried to PM you and Matt Lightfoot about this, but your inbox was full and Matt has yet to read the message.  Will the hotfix take care of the problems I am seeing with the DB server I detailed in this thread:  Public Hive DB errors again

Edited by Skydive

No they seem like just lost connections. But i have sent to Ander to check all the cdn and stuff

hi guys, i just got kicked today, over and over for a "addmagazinecount cargo" error, 6-7 seconds after spawning in, does anyone know what s that?

Edited by kapnobatai

hi guys, i just got kicked today, over and over for a "addmagazinecount cargo" error, 6-7 seconds after spawning in, does anyone know what s that?

Do you have the exact error message? Is it actually an error or just a BE kick? If its just a BE kick then ask the admin to update the BE filters (I had to update mine after countless kicks like this)

Edited by urbanskaters

Have been able to loot the mil tents at Bere non stop in a four tent circle loot run. Takes about 5 minutes to get a czech/coyote , m14 aim, 8000 tins of food and drink, entrenching tool, m4a3cco and stanags and then get away all geared up and go sleep in the forest. 

Next guy that came along must have nearly died when he saw how much shit i left on the ground outside all of the tent openings :D 

• Like 1

How do I make my own discussion?

Don't think you can in this category, it's for the dayz team announcements only :( 

So the update(1.8.0.1) will be @ this week or the next one ?

Have been able to loot the mil tents at Bere non stop in a four tent circle loot run. Takes about 5 minutes to get a czech/coyote , m14 aim, 8000 tins of food and drink, entrenching tool, m4a3cco and stanags and then get away all geared up and go sleep in the forest. 

Next guy that came along must have nearly died when he saw how much shit i left on the ground outside all of the tent openings :D

Wow, you made out way better than I did.  About all I found was an M16 with some mags (left the rifle, took the mags), some cans of food, and a pile of rags.  Then, a zombie wandered into the tent and punched my leg, breaking it despite being almost full health.  Good thing I had morphine.

Actually, I almost got killed when heading over to the hospital a little later.  I was creeping along to visit the fort on the north side of the hospital, crawled between a set of the bodybags, aggro'ed a zombie, tried to turn around to face it and found that the body bags are apparently considered walls and I was unable to turn around.  Which sucks when you can't move forward, can't turn, and are being punched in the back. 

I finagled my position a bit by cycling stances, managed to turn around and machete the zombie in the face after 5 or 6 swings - he was too close, I was swinging through/behind him, and I couldn't back up any further.  Luckily he leaned back for a swing and I was able to connect.  I was able to limp back into the hospital, barely alive.  Pretty thankful I didn't pass out. 

Figured it was time to call it a night at that point.

Wow, you made out way better than I did.  About all I found was an M16 with some mags (left the rifle, took the mags), some cans of food, and a pile of rags.  Then, a zombie wandered into the tent and punched my leg, breaking it despite being almost full health.  Good thing I had morphine.

For some reason i haven't had a broken anything since the patch.

When looting the tents sometimes stuff was respawning as soon as i picked an item up and by the time i had completely looted all four, the tents had all respawned items, which is what i meant by 'non stop circle tent loot run'. 

Same was happening at the mil tents in Cherno as well. I wandered out of there after a few minutes fully geared. Only problem i am having is there is so much mil loot that it is hard to pick which two primary guns i want to keep, generally taking an m4a3cco and m14 aim. 

i've seen this twice now, once in each of two different servers; i've gone to staryj only to find that the military tents arent there anymore and instead there are two barracks. i'm assuming this is a server-side change as they were both private hives BUT the barracks were both in the same place on both servers and the servers were in no way connected.

my questions is thus; is that actually something that has changed with this patch or is it just a coincidence that both times i've gone to staryj since updating the server owner decided to change that?

I don't believe it's been released yet. Still pending a final okay, last I heard.

I'm testing 1.8.0.1 on a polish server, I don't know if here everything is ok with server files because actually the update wasn't officially announced but seems to work great, I like also the renewed lumberjack system.

What about flies on dead bodies, you said that the flies have been removed since 1.8 for database cleanup issues, any chance to reintroduce them with the next patch?

I'm testing 1.8.0.1 on a polish server, I don't know if here everything is ok with server files because actually the update wasn't officially announced but seems to work great, I like also the renewed lumberjack system.

What about flies on dead bodies, you said that the flies have been removed since 1.8 for database cleanup issues, any chance to reintroduce them with the next patch?

Which server ?

i've seen this twice now, once in each of two different servers; i've gone to staryj only to find that the military tents arent there anymore and instead there are two barracks. i'm assuming this is a server-side change as they were both private hives BUT the barracks were both in the same place on both servers and the servers were in no way connected.

my questions is thus; is that actually something that has changed with this patch or is it just a coincidence that both times i've gone to staryj since updating the server owner decided to change that?

We have a private server and have removed all the debris .. such as the garbage and wrecks all over the place.  A side effect is that the tents are also removed .. such as those in Stary.  So if you, as a server admin, want those tents you have to add them back in.  We have on our server as well as a medical tent and a barracks.  So thats what you have seen. Servers with the debris (and therefore all the tent camps) removed.

our server is updated to the 1.8.0.1 UK 367 8bitgamers.co.uk

day and night cycles working now

**** EDIT ****

DOWNGRADED BACK TO 1.8 as there was an issue filling jerry cans

waiting on the next hotfix

Edited by 8bitgamers.co.uk
  • Like 3

our server is updated to the 1.8.0.1 UK 367 8bitgamers.co.uk

day and night cycles working now

**** EDIT ****

DOWNGRADED BACK TO 1.8 as there was an issue filling jerry cans

waiting on the next hotfix

That's been fixed already (and the dl removed from the mirror), don't prematurely update next time. ;)

yer don't get thanx for reporting the bugs, coulda just let 1.8.0.1 release and fook everyone over

this is the second time ive helped find a pretty bad issue, you need ppl testing these patches before release.

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/131

and

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/12

yer don't get thanx for reporting the bugs, could a just let 1.8.0.1 release and fook everyone over

this is the second time ive helped find a pretty bad issue, you need ppl testing these patches before release.

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/131

and

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/12

All patches get tested but we only test changes made on a hotfix no real game play testing due to time. If a hotfix is coming out in the first place its to fix issues with the original build. Hotfix's are time sensitive you just don't have time for public game testing. Id be more concerned with why it was changed and not reported changed to start with and i am looking into this.

• Like 2