r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8 Update

Thank you for being so helpful and not sarcastic mr mod, my sadistic need to be insulted over the internet has been fulfilled.

• Like 4

I'm not sure where your anger is coming from, but, whatever, it's all good. Folks can play wherever they like, with cheese or without (who cares?). My original post regarding the no-spawn-selection on my server was simply to clarify that it wasn't due to a bug. 

I think you might not be seeing my goal with my server. As DayZ is the anti-game, my server is the anti-DayZ-server for the very rare (but, highly regarded by me) hardcore-type players. Logically, it follows that they are few in number.

No anger, just misunderstanding (maybe a slight trolling, sorry).  I do see what you're trying to do with your server (now), I read some topics you started about your server before and I'm impressed with the build and effort you've put into it (kudos).  Anyway, it wasn't my intention to derail the thread and like you said people can play wherever they like.  

Is it true that this Update will not work on servers using rmod and the like or custom script servers?

It will work with custom scripts (a friend has it fixed up already), but you'll need to go over everything from scratch.  If you want help I'd pop along to opendayz.net and ask those guys.   Can't comment about Rmod!  

Edited by urbanskaters

After 30 minutes you become fully infected, you can transmit the infection to others, you lose 3 blood per second and your screen will shake. On disconnect you will become infected.

Does this mean that combat loggers become infected?

Tried the patch and ran as fast as I could back to dayzero. It's still got the upper hand on this... perversion of what it once was.

Does anyone know where to find comfrey leaves? Are they a loot drop or do you find the plants growing?

Does this mean that combat loggers become infected?

Only if they've gotten a 15 minute sepsis warning before they log.

Does anyone know where to find comfrey leaves? Are they a loot drop or do you find the plants growing?

Only if they've gotten a 15 minute sepsis warning before they log.

Server spawns the leaves on startup so random locations I guess I've seen the plants before out in fields 

Edited by seaweed

Server spawns the leaves on startup so random locations I guess I've seen the plants before out in fields 

Ah, okay. So what do they look like?

Ah, okay. So what do they look like?

Dark green leaves in the grass when I saw some I've only seen them once but they stood out from a distance

• Like 1

Dark green leaves in the grass when I saw some I've only seen them once but they stood out from a distance

I'll keep an eye out for them. :)

Is it just an action menu option to harvest them then?

Hi, nice to se something finaly moving with DayZ, even if in the wrong direction, as usualy.

I played for a while and noticed some thinghs:

1- is there some way to change hunger, thirst, health indicators back or are they permanent, i found old ones clearer to see.

2-bunny hopping, thats a joke right?

3-zombies punching a lot faster now? tho it seems bleeding is less comon?

Will play more and see how it goes.

Hi, nice to se something finaly moving with DayZ, even if in the wrong direction, as usualy.

I played for a while and noticed some thinghs:

1- is there some way to change hunger, thirst, health indicators back or are they permanent, i found old ones clearer to see.

2-bunny hopping, thats a joke right?

3-zombies punching a lot faster now? tho it seems bleeding is less comon?

Will play more and see how it goes.

You preferred randomly doing a frontflip any time you needed to clear even the smallest obstacle to simply jumping over it? 

• Like 1

I'll keep an eye out for them. :)

Is it just an action menu option to harvest them then?

Yeah think its a mousewheel option, I didn't get a chance to try it someone I was playing with did but it was when battle eye filters were still kicking for it :(

This download (specifically the dayz_1.chernarus mission file) includes bloodbag & refuel scripts which are not supposed to be there. Can this be cleaned up?

The silentspy mission generator is fine.

Edited by SurvivalServers

When was it gone?!

-Assuming you mean "when was the dire need to cooperate ever gone?-In 1.7.7.1 vanilla official hive, even I became extremely hesitant to spawn in without my comrades, knowing it's a bad idea. 

But today I spawned fresh in Berenzino and within two hours had camo, coyote, m249, dmr, nvgs, rangefinders, full toolbelt, full health, took down 4 heli crashes by myself, etc.

-Assuming you mean "when was pvp ever gone"- in 1.7.7.1 vanilla official hive, side chat was littered with players begging for help, begging for antis, begging to team up. There was very little opportunity for pvp since players who could survive were busy getting vehicles and everyone else never made it to a point where they could become pvp targets.

I understand that was too extreme. People were hating it. The server population was decimated. I hope the easing will bring folks back. Hopefully all the new kickass features like camo nets, crafting and fishing will entice folks as well.

I'm great at scrounging and surviving but not so good at combat. It was nice to not have to worry so much about mercenary types. At any rate, I love pvp. I love getting mercked. I'm ready to fight! 

Hi all,

Don't know if this point was already discussed (already search on the forum) but there is an issue with the SVD camo in this version, impossible to use scope.

There is also an error message when you log in for the first time in the game, something like "SVD_Camo scope multiplier error"

Thanks

Hi all,

Don't know if this point was already discussed (already search on the forum) but there is an issue with the SVD camo in this version, impossible to use scope.

There is also an error message when you log in for the first time in the game, something like "SVD_Camo scope multiplier error"

Thanks

Yep, known bug. The SVD_CAMO,SVD_DZ & SVD_CAMO_DZ are all non-functional.

• Like 1

Hello,

I've tried 1.8 a few times now and I have to say it's probably the greatest update for a long while, nice work :)

Anyway I had one issue earlier, and that was the new tent deployment system. I got to the point where you could move the tent around and rotate it, but then I couldn't figure out how to actually save the tent's position. The action menu only had options for gear and saving the tent's items, but that didn't save the tent itself, nor did any of the usual game control keys. After a while it got rather annoying having a tent stuck on my face so I aborted and rejoined. Well, the tent was gone from my inventory, and there was a tent object on the ground where I left it before aborting, however it was inaccessible (it was just an object without the usual gear menus). I'm guessing the object will disappear on server restart though. Anyway back to the point, how do I actually save the tent's position after I've found a nice place for it? It's probably something stupidly simple but I couldn't figure it out earlier :(

Edited by Juppi

Hello,

I've tried 1.8 a few times now and I have to say it's probably the greatest update for a long while, nice work :)

Anyway I had one issue earlier, and that was the new tent deployment system. I got to the point where you could move the tent around and rotate it, but then I couldn't figure out how to actually save the tent's position. The action menu only had options for gear and saving the tent's items, but that didn't save the tent itself, nor did any of the usual game control keys. After a while it got rather annoying having a tent stuck on my face so I aborted and rejoined. Well, the tent was gone from my inventory, and there was a tent object on the ground where I left it before aborting, however it was inaccessible (it was just an object without the usual gear menus). I'm guessing the object will disappear on server restart though. Anyway back to the point, how do I actually save the tent's position after I've found a nice place for it? It's probably something stupidly simple but I couldn't figure it out earlier :(

The option should come up when you use the scroll wheel, "complete action" or something like that.

• Like 1

from time to time i ask myself if you developers test your crap before you release it...

i guess this time you have not...

if you do something... then do it... completely... or totally let it be ffs...

• Like 1

The option should come up when you use the scroll wheel, "complete action" or something like that.

Ah ok, I'm guessing it was just a temporary bug then. Cheers!

i've found a couple of funny wilderness zombies and i'm asking how do you carry? i found it out.. i just didn't have nothing to carry yet. nice feature.

i've bled normally after a couple of hits..still have to test the clear wound feature.

and when i open the diary and push  ''craft'' the diary crashes..

Edited by Bludy

from time to time i ask myself if you developers test your crap before you release it...

i guess this time you have not...

if you do something... then do it... completely... or totally let it be ffs...

Actually I think they did an excellent job with this release compared to past ones instead of bitching un constructively without offering any criticism why not tell them what exactly they have done so wrong? 

• Like 4

ItemFishingPole doesn't appear to be in the loot tables at all? 

edit: nm found it 

class Land_Nav_Boathouse: Residential {

I'm not kean on this new loot spawn system though, not nearly enough trash loot I preferred the old system with loot spawn bias at 67 
Edited by seaweed

Has anyone else seen a increased amount of "everything" now? There's food everywhere, guns, ammo. I thought they were decreasing the amount of weapons and ammo.