Jex

POLL: Dayz SA 1st person only

Would you play dayz if 1st person ONLY  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play dayz SA if 1st person ONLY

Er actually it was certain FPV only types who suggested that FPV was related to difficulty first, if you check back through the posts... Plainly neither view actually changes the difficulty of the game in any way though.

Once again. TPV makes things easier against AI because AI isn't using TPV.

Against other players it is not per se easier but different. It makes some lame tactics possible while invalidating a more realistic/plausible playstyle.

Once again. TPV makes things easier against AI because AI isn't using TPV.

Against other players it is not per se easier but different. It makes some lame tactics possible while invalidating a more realistic/plausible playstyle.

This just highlights our difference of opinion as to whether TPV can be fixed. If it can then it wouldn't matter if AI used it or not, so it's the exploits not the view itself which gives the advantage. Against AI the game is in no way difficult with either view at the moment, I rely more on hearing than vision in towns anyway. I'd say the AI actually had more of an advantage than the player, being able to hit through walls and detect you through them too.

This just highlights our difference of opinion as to whether TPV can be fixed. If it can then it wouldn't matter if AI used it or not, so it's the exploits not the view itself which gives the advantage. Against AI the game is in no way difficult with either view at the moment, I rely more on hearing than vision in towns anyway. I'd say the AI actually had more of an advantage than the player, being able to hit through walls and detect you through them too.

The only reason you think TPV can be fixed is because you won't go through the motions of seeing the many possibilities for fixing it and how they won't work.

The only reason you think TPV can be fixed is because you won't go through the motions of seeing the many possibilities for fixing it and how they won't work.

I can see many possibilities for fixing it, but nobody knows if they will work or not until they are tried.

I can see many possibilities for fixing it, but nobody knows if they will work or not until they are tried.

Nope, can't hide behind that. Humans have this great ability that allows us to imagine future scenarios. It's one of the things that separates us from the other animals.

So what possibilities do you see, and how do you see them working? (Because surely, if you see a possibility, you see it working somehow, or otherwise it wouldn't be a possibility, would it?)

Edited by Dsi1

Nope, can't hide behind that. Humans have this great ability that allows us to imagine future scenarios. It's one of the things that separates us from the other animals.

So what possibilities do you see, and how do you see them working? (Because surely, if you see a possibility, you see it working somehow, or otherwise it wouldn't be a possibility, would it?)

You've asked me the same thing on the other thread, lets take this over there.

You can fix fp yourself. Google "change fov in dayz" im playing dayz on arma 3 altis and my fov is set to see 130 degrees. Standalone has an fov slider also. I've already messed around in the options

You can fix fp yourself. Google "change fov in dayz" im playing dayz on arma 3 altis and my fov is set to see 130 degrees. Standalone has an fov slider also. I've already messed around in the options

But you cant fix the limited peak abilities. That is the biggest problem for me.

But you cant fix the limited peak abilities. That is the biggest problem for me.

Limited peak abilities? You mean you are not able to see through a wall without exposing yourself?

No. He means peeking over things when prone for example. Just like leaning. Actually a good idea. I'd want that too.

• Like 1

Limited peak abilities? You mean you are not able to see through a wall without exposing yourself?

This is good example how your mind is set and fail to think what people actually want/says. You should think other people too, not just yourself.

No. He means peeking over things when prone for example. Just like leaning. Actually a good idea. I'd want that too.

Exactly this. It is so unrealistic and broken when you are prone and want to see what is behind obstacle. For now your only choice is to rise up to your knee. Would you do this in real life if there is potential shooter looking at your direction? Or would you just peak over the obstacle exposing only your forehead and eyes? This is the biggest reason why i prefer 3rd person. I dont need/want the exploits 3rd person comes with, it is for now just more enjoyable to have more views than realistically you would vs have less views than realistically you would.

Edited by aeinola

Yes, I think they are already working on that in the standalone. They definitly talked about it once.

It is available in Arma 3.

You should think other people too, not just yourself.

Sure, I will think other people.

Edited by Wayze

It is available in Arma 3.

No its not. Its better than Arma 2 style but not realistic. It should be done similar to free look, the immersion would be huge! I would jump from 3rd person servers to 1st person servers in a heart beat.

No its not. Its better than Arma 2 style but not realistic. It should be done similar to free look, the immersion would be huge! I would jump from 3rd person servers to 1st person servers in a heart beat.

You mean like holding a key and moving your head up and down without being locked down to stances?

You mean like holding a key and moving your head up and down without being locked down to stances?

Yes.

There is no such thing as a "fixed TPV option"

* No matter how you will try to adjust it, someone will find a way to exploit it.

The removal of the TPV would prompt fair game-play rather than cheap game-play.

But that's not fair! How am I supposed to see over walls now? I have to expose myself.. ? Too realistic.

But lets be honest, those 50 something people who said they wouldn't buy DayZ, would. At least a large majority would. They'd pout a little bit at its announcement and then buy the game.

Sadly it won't happen. No matter what polls say.

But that's not fair! How am I supposed to see over walls now? I have to expose myself.. ? Too realistic.

But lets be honest, those 50 something people who said they wouldn't buy DayZ, would. At least a large majority would. They'd pout a little bit at its announcement and then buy the game.

Sadly it won't happen. No matter what polls say.

I dont understand why you have to force people play 1st person servers? There is option when hosting server to turn 3rd person off. That is the solution for you guys. Everyone wins.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/147104-players-who-prefer-1st-person-only/

I dont understand why you have to force people play 1st person servers? There is option when hosting server to turn 3rd person off. That is the solution for you guys. Everyone wins.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/147104-players-who-prefer-1st-person-only/

Yes, we know. But when you look at the simple facts, first person servers are rarely populated to the amount most people like playing on. Sure, people could join them and be noble, but most want to just play the game. A majority of the people who want this want it for the SA, it's too little too late for the mod. 24/7 daylight, self-blood bagging, +400 vehicles, more weapon spawns, extra military loot in spawn towns, and always repaired cars ruined DayZmod a while ago.

Yes, we know. But when you look at the simple facts, first person servers are rarely populated to the amount most people like playing on. Sure, people could join them and be noble, but most want to just play the game. A majority of the people who want this want it for the SA, it's too little too late for the mod. 24/7 daylight, self-blood bagging, +400 vehicles, more weapon spawns, extra military loot in spawn towns, and always repaired cars ruined DayZmod a while ago.

Did you even read the link i posted?

Did you even read the link i posted?

Since I posted in it, I think you can assume I read it. You linked 6 servers that are up. Each running DayZero. The problem with that is almost everyone has played vanilla DayZ to death and want something new, like Breaking Point or Epoch. So with only 6 servers listed for a single mod, it's a good attempt but won't get the job done. With thousands of other servers that will have more people in it, it's unlikely that hosting some servers will suddenly make TPV nonexistent. Most people who play DayZ won't even see that post. I say around 200 individuals will see it. When DayZ probably has hundreds of thousands of unique players a week.. you can see where I'm going.

And in my post that you quoted, which you probably should've read, I stated that I don't really care about the mod it's been out for over a year, I've played it to death. I care more about the Standalone and it's stance on FPV only.

Edited by TheDesigner

With thousands of other servers that will have more people in it, it's unlikely that hosting some servers will suddenly make TPV nonexistent.

Wait a minute. So you don't want 1st person server for your self (and tens or hundreds of other similar players) you want to ban 3rd person from all players? Nice agenda dude.

Most people who play DayZ won't even see that post. I say around 200 individuals will see it. When DayZ probably has hundreds of thousands of unique players a week.. you can see where I'm going.

How many players YOU need to play on 1st person server? The limit on one server is around 50-60 anyway. 200 should be enough. And if its a good server where 1st person players enjoy playing it will get more attention than just one topic. And you could promote it elsewhere also.

And in my post that you quoted, which you probably should've read, I stated that I don't really care about the mod it's been out for over a year, I've played it to death. I care more about the Standalone and it's stance on FPV only.

If you are not interested playing the mod anymore and focus on standalone the same thing is going to happen there. You should prepare your self for it. Dean will certainly not disable 3rd person view from the game and disappoint thousands and thousands of players. So there is going to be 1st person only servers and servers where 3rd person is enabled. What will you do then? Continue cry here or do something that matters about it?

Edited by aeinola

Just as a side note, realism can't be used as an argument to have 1st person only in DayZ. If you want to go that route, then it should be impossible to repair a helicopter.

Just as a side note, realism can't be used as an argument to have 1st person only in DayZ. If you want to go that route, then it should be impossible to repair a helicopter.

LOL. This one was funny! :D

Im sorry, but this poll is absolutely pointless.

Its like asking:

1: Would you like a kick in the nuts?

2: Would you like a kick in the nuts, and 10$?

Now, im pretty sure most people would choose option number 2, right? Because you get something, instead of nothing.

Same as the poll right now.

"Would you like to play the game, albeit not the way you want", or "Would you like to have nothing".

An unbiased poll would sound like:

What do you prefer:

1: First person

2: Third person

THAT would tell you what people prefer.

However, i dont really understand the point with that one either.

There will be (like now) both 1st and 3rd person servers in the Standalone, just pick whatever you want to play on.

I really dont know why some people are throwing arguments around, no matter how good or bad, when everyone can choose whatever they want to already.

If you are playing on a FPV server, why does it matter to you that other people are playing on a TPV server, and how it affects gameplay over there, or vice versa?

My point is, we can have both.

Can someone please explain to me, why removing something that does not affect you, can be a concern to you?

-Conzolax

Edited by Conzolax
  • Like 1