rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

i would have liked to see it (the bayonette) in action.

is there going to be anything new in terms of dodging close combat attacks? something more immersive than side steps?

Parry would be awesome.

• Like 1

Cleverbot said that Dayz Alpha is launching tomorrow let's tell EVERYONE WOW!! (media logic)

XD, I did ask for screens of the female zombies and get video of them. So much win ^_^

Anyways, the animations look freaking amazing, the restraints freaky awesome, the new tackle animations scary o.o, the feel and look of the characters outstanding, the sight of different hats amusing, and idea of the bubble very interesting.

Keep up the great work, ignore the kids who are still whining about it not being out yet, and please get some sleep before ya fall over XD

• Like 1

@Rocket, while reviewing the milestone, has there been any more discussion on pricing?

If possible could we have a range of the price? e.g £15-£20.

• Like 1

2e4dnbq.png

I swear some people are a whole new level of stupid

• Like 1

@Rocket, while reviewing the milestone, has there been any more discussion on pricing?

If possible could we have a range of the price? e.g £15-£20.

Yes an answer to this would be great! Me being in Greece and all.. :/

• Like 2

Yeah the truth is you should stop answering our questions, you need to sleep! If you are tired you won't be able to make the Alpha launch dream happen! (The only developer I have EVER seen that answers our questions and spends his precious time interacting with the community) Thank your for all you've done dude.

Edit:@zarniwoop Join the club haha!

Edited by kanars
  • Like 1

heh rocket, first of all I want to say that you kinda my hero. you developed a game  concepts that I praised to be one of THE best games of all time to everyone I talked about it. I watched everything there is on the internet of dayz standalone and I was so excited about it for month. I played every single game you referred to in interviews because if you liked it it sort of HAD to be good and well I even fell in love with SS13 AND I didnt play war z just because I found the game to be dickmove of their publishers to develop the game jsut to get a share of the zombie survival game market if one can call it that.

but mate you disappointed me with the last devblog. Not only is the footage total crap also I think you knew at E3 that the game wont be finish within the next 2 month. I think  you are making false statements about the release because its good PR....lots and lots of players are waiting months on this game now. and you throwing them bones from time to time just to keep up the hype thatv evolved around the whole standalone and that might be a good PR method but it is just a total dickmove to the community because we are the people that look at your twitter account or devblog or reddit or WHATEVER every hour to see if there are any news when it comes out or what is new etc etc. and if you keep saying it might come out until then and then delay it over and over and over again its just not fair. dayz is a mod, and we made you the project leader by supporting your mod and your persona so dont be like that to us.

you think we want the game to be at least in alpha state when its released? NO WE DONT otherwise we wouldnt play the mod, the standalone cant possibly be worse and more buggy then the mod? so dude fix the freakin network bubble sync the fcking zombie attacks and release the alpha. and if it makes you feel better call it pre alpha. no matter how shitty the standalone is in the beginning it will still be the top seller and really NO ONE will be angry with you if the game is not anywhere close to finish we just want to see and play it. and dont say that you are disappointed in the consumers because they want to throw money at you for and unfinished project, be like 'yay, the consumers who made me a project leader now dont care if my game is finish or not they love my idea so much that they dont care - feels good' 

excuse me if there are any spelling or grammer mistakes...english aint my native tongue

we really don't just sit around saying "hurrr durr letz maek a vidao gaem!"

I do. Nothings come of it yet. derp

heh rocket, first of all I want to say that you kinda my hero. you developed a game  concepts that I praised to be one of THE best games of all time to everyone I talked about it. I watched everything there is on the internet of dayz standalone and I was so excited about it for month. I played every single game you referred to in interviews because if you liked it it sort of HAD to be good and well I even fell in love with SS13 AND I didnt play war z just because I found the game to be dickmove of their publishers to develop the game jsut to get a share of the zombie survival game market if one can call it that.

but mate you disappointed me with the last devblog. Not only is the footage total crap also I think you knew at E3 that the game wont be finish within the next 2 month. I think  you are making false statements about the release because its good PR....lots and lots of players are waiting months on this game now. and you throwing them bones from time to time just to keep up the hype thatv evolved around the whole standalone and that might be a good PR method but it is just a total dickmove to the community because we are the people that look at your twitter account or devblog or reddit or WHATEVER every hour to see if there are any news when it comes out or what is new etc etc. and if you keep saying it might come out until then and then delay it over and over and over again its just not fair. dayz is a mod, and we made you the project leader by supporting your mod and your persona so dont be like that to us.

you think we want the game to be at least in alpha state when its released? NO WE DONT otherwise we wouldnt play the mod, the standalone cant possibly be worse and more buggy then the mod? so dude fix the freakin network bubble sync the fcking zombie attacks and release the alpha. and if it makes you feel better call it pre alpha. no matter how shitty the standalone is in the beginning it will still be the top seller and really NO ONE will be angry with you if the game is not anywhere close to finish we just want to see and play it. and dont say that you are disappointed in the consumers because they want to throw money at you for and unfinished project, be like 'yay, the consumers who made me a project leader now dont care if my game is finish or not they love my idea so much that they dont care - feels good' 

excuse me if there are any spelling or grammer mistakes...english aint my native tongue

Are you THE PEOPLE? do you have any power to tell someone what to do? this is highly entertaining ;)

• Like 2

inb4 "ERMAHGERD, Rocket! Stop wasting your time posting and start working"

and a week later, "Rocket doesn't pay attention to the community"

BTW, I love the communication. Every little comment we get is great and helps to solve arguments or debates that can't be solved on our own. 

• Like 1

yea at least one of them. I m studying and I already finished all my exams early becuase I thought the game might come out within the next few weeks but I was fooled like very one else. and well I cant tell him what to do I just remind him that he is n that position because of the community so he shouldnt feed us false statements to keep people so hyped. and I recall hearing him saying that he dosent understand the hype evolved around the game but I think he very well does understand it and he learned to keep it up quite good ;)

Are you THE PEOPLE? do you have any power to tell someone what to do? this is highly entertaining ;)

*Ranting

I respect your right to air YOUR opinion but next time please be so kind to to not try and speak on behalf of the whole DayZ community.  Many thanks.

• Like 5

blah blah blah blah.

Oh look, it's the guy with 16 posts come to share his infinite wisdom.

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice that Ivan's favourite word is 'Ummm...'?

Did anyone else notice that if you'd be speaking a second language under pressure your favourite word would be 'Ummm...' too?

• Like 5

Did anyone else notice that Ivan's favourite word is 'Ummm...'?

Did you notice English isn't his first language also?

• Like 6

Wow, I think you need to scratch that scrotum, pronto.

• Like 1

well if you followed the comments in both announcement and actual dev blog threads you should have seen that I m not the only one thinking like this. and if you would be smart you d see that my opinion is not referring to the community...its about the community, yes but I dont say they feel the way I do. the only reference to many of them/us is that they look every hour for new informations what - I am sure - is true for many ;)

yea at least one of them. I m studying and I already finished all my exams early becuase I thought the game might come out within the next few weeks but I was fooled like very one else. and well I cant tell him what to do I just remind him that he is n that position because of the community so he shouldnt feed us false statements to keep people so hyped. and I recall hearing him saying that he dosent understand the hype evolved around the game but I think he very well does understand it and he learned to keep it up quite good ;)

I for one wasn't fooled, i paid attention to what was actually being said by Rocket and ignored all speculation from the community and press.

• Like 11

Oh god they have breached the forums! We thought we were safe from the infection of the I WANTZ DAYZ NOA virus.
WE ARE ALL DOOMED!

*jumps out of her window and onto the street*

No but seriously....sure they can release the alpha,

IF YOU WANT IT TO BE LIKE INFESTATION SURVIVORS STORIES

But hey, it's not like that was a disaster at all

Edited by zfleming12