rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

The restraint system will be similar to SS13. Realism sometimes need to be sacrificed in favor of gameplay, after all you don't LIVE in the game.

Different methods of restraint will take longer to wriggle out of than others. Cuffs, for example, will take substantially longer than, say, duct tape or something like that. But we're not talking hours, we're talking minutes.

minutes like...eating something ;) i know we are annoying :P

I just rewatched the intro. I love the wounded walking and running animations.

Some feedback :

- Another complain I've got is with the clothing art style, the color palette looks a bit all over the place... I mean green jeans? Who wears green jeans seriously? I'd rather see more beige/camo/brown clothing. A unified color palette across all clothing would help set the tone. Inspiration can be taken from The Road, the last of us, etc...

I can't disagree with this more.  Having a bunch of neutral colors would make the choice of picking up and wearing a piece of clothing too easy.   We'd only need to count the pockets to decide if we wanted a piece or not.  Soo.. clothing would be just like packs in the mod.  No thanks.  I want to have to balance the usefulness of a piece of clothing against it's color and how it'll stand out in the environment.   

- the clothing models do look amazing. (have you noticed the new backpacks have straps now?? epic stuff)

Definintely.

• Like 4

The yt comments get better by the minute lol

Someone sais this

"AI is still a complete joke, why, after so long, have they still not fixed the main complains that people had with dayz?"

And someones reply was

"Because Dean Hall is a prick"

Wow is all i can say.

I seriosly dont know why dean even bothers to please these fucking people. Half of them dont even deserve a devblog.

I was going to post the same about the same time but I went to make some sandwiches :D

• Like 1

Dean the running animations are placeholders?

You guys added beanies to the clothing option.  Stand alone dream completed.

Motion blur is great to cover up the framerate dips :D

TLOU did the same, its effective lol (to the untrained eye)

Edited by nicefish
  • Like 1

vac , pb , battleeye all are pretty useless unless its a normal public hack 99 percent of people use paid for private hacks which mainly remain undetected. selling cheats is big business now and 3rd party anti cheat sites have no chance against well funded coders. this is one of the reasons i stopped playing fps games competitively cause its a joke.

bi should do there own anti cheat work in house not farm out to third party (companies do this as its cheaper or costs them nothing ) its the only way you have a chance of staying on top of cheats.

I have a crazy 'theory'. The game companies are actually paying these private persons to release these cheats, where the revenue from selling the cheat goes to the game developers.

This is why none of the cheat companies are ever sued for copyright infringement or other illegal acts committed (except VERY few).

• Like 3

That was acceptable when HL2 came out. But in the day and age of euphoria animations, people's expectation is different. Also, the visual style of ArmA/DayZ is different from HL2 and demands a certain look from it's animations.

You might have missed what I said - but we tried this... and it looked awful. And yes, it is much much easier to implement than what we are trying to. So I would very much rather do that.

Hey Euphoria is even better. I was just letting the guy know that they were able to 'blend' animations back then. I didn't miss that you mentioned it looked awful.. still doesn't mean it can't be done.

I have a crazy 'theory'. The game companies are actually paying these private persons to release these cheats, where the revenue from selling the cheat goes to the game developers.

This is why none of the cheat companies are ever sued for copyright infringement or other illegal acts committed (except VERY few).

I fucking wish.

What would you charge them with? And how would you find them?

• Like 3

Hey Euphoria is even better. I was just letting the guy know that they were able to 'blend' animations back then. I didn't miss that you mentioned it looked awful.. still doesn't mean it can't be done.

Do you realize how much Euphoria costs? It's like a million to buy a license - then you give them a royalty. Also, that WOULD delay DayZ development by about 2 years.

So I decided to inform some people about the sounds being place holders.....

dbrz4k.png

I REGRET NOTHING

• Like 7

So I decided to inform some people about the sounds being place holders.....

I REGRET NOTHING

Was very tempted to do the same myself but my brain started melting from all the idiocy, had to get away from there.

You're a brave brave man.

Do you realize how much Euphoria costs? It's like a million to buy a license - then you give them a royalty. Also, that WOULD delay DayZ development by about 2 years.

I do know its costly, but didn't know about the royalty. And i don't want DayZ to be delayed.. i'm actually looking forward to playing it in its most buggy state. 

I do know its costly, but didn't know about the royalty. And i don't want DayZ to be delayed.. i'm actually looking forward to playing it in its most buggy state. 

It was seriously considered.

I mean, it may seem like we're stupid sometimes but we really don't just sit around saying "hurrr durr letz maek a vidao gaem!"

• Like 14

I dont get all the negativity on the animations. I think they look fucking great. Loads better than before.

• Like 5

I dont get all the negativity on the animations. I think they look fucking great. Loads better than before.

I agree.  Maybe the vids aren't doing them justice or people just expected a lot more but when controlling the actual character it feels a lot nicer already, especially compared to Arma 2 or the mod.

• Like 1

"hurrr durr letz maek a vidao gaem!"

hey ya boihemia intraactive ya we ned to mak a gaem, so if u jus giev rokster a cal we ken yuse der enjin ya thx bai talk 2 u latr

I mean, it may seem like we're stupid sometimes but we really don't just sit around saying "hurrr durr letz maek a vidao gaem!"

I'm going to Sig this.

• Like 1

So this is great and all but I was hoping for some news on the mod.  Mebbe this isn't how that info gets conveyed.  I see a changelog but there isn't a release number or date associated with it.  Given I just ran across a medical box on my private server that had NO antibiotics in it, im itching for the fix for this infection mess.  When is it going to happen?

It was seriously considered.

I wasn't even worried about that :)