SmashT

E3 Expo - June 2013 - Interviews and Gameplay

Wow, glad to see progress on the game! The standalone is going to be awesome!

I havent been following the last news about the game, just the E3! So, can someone explain me what's is pretended to release on the next 2 months, an alpha or the complete game?

Thanks! Sorry my bad English.

And all these expressions like "we are working on it" or "we're doing that from scratch" really make me a bit disappointed. Even the mod zombies are better than the standalone ones IMHO. I'm still going to buy the standalone however it would be, but it really has something similar to War Z in it.

it will be a war z situation when it has been "in development for 2 years" and it’s still a steaming pile of shit. Its been 9 months or so, considering it is a different project now than when they began expect a properly playable game in 1 and a half years- 2 years. So in essence if it still looks broken and glitchy as hell by the one and a half year mark then you can scream bloody murder. I know i will because I don’t think a “ it will be ready stance” can be an excuse for not pushing to get it released within an acceptable timeframe.

But i think we are all jumping the gun a bit now. It’s just we have all been following the progress religiously since its announcement and as a result it is not living up to our own expectations which are on the whole unrealistic, as we all are expecting a finished product. When it hits beta it should be properly polished and a fully playable game, if it isn’t, or if it starts reaching the two year mark then we are really upshit creek. Also so will rocket, I doubt he has unlimited funding, and BI isn’t a massive company, they can’t fund him forever.

Edited by triggy89

I don't think climbing up stuff or through windows is on the cards. Not for this map anyway.

There are more things to take into consideration with that kind of interaction with map-objects.

If we keep bringing it up it might get into a future map.

It would be badass to have all those different ways to get in to / out of a building.

Basements would be ace too.

Maybe the underground base-building mechanics will eventually allow for preset instances on the map? It'd be better than nothing.

why are there no basements right at the moment? did they forget them?

Those look amazing.

i doubt the will look the same in game, if they do those are the best looking/ most realistic weapons to have ever graced a game.

@ joe_mcentire

Maybe they're a secret? I haven't seen any, or heard anything about it.

There might be some problem with making them that we don't know about.

Put it in the Q + A :lol:

Edited by Chabowski

@ joe_mcentire

Maybe they're a secret? I haven't seen any, or heard anything about it.

There might be some problem with making them that we don't know about.

Put it in the Q + A :lol:

already done ;)...i focus more on reddit, as chances are much much higher to get answers

at least i tried.... :(

Edited by joe_mcentire

Wow, glad to see progress on the game! The standalone is going to be awesome!

I havent been following the last news about the game, just the E3! So, can someone explain me what's is pretended to release on the next 2 months, an alpha or the complete game?

Thanks! Sorry my bad English.

What i take from it is that the alpha will be released to the public within the next two months. My guess middle of july.

Edited by Zecele

hmm..somehow i really dislike the idea of underground instances.

they are completely unimmersive and unauthentic...don't know why they don't use some predefined areas and buildings to upgrade them step by step. cooler, more immersive, and no lag issue as you could regulate the amount of such areas.

Edited by joe_mcentire

The idea of zombies running at normal speed would only work if there would be endurance and fitness in this game. Right now you can run indefinitely and thus the zombies could never catch you. If however you would get tired after a while I'd really like to have normal-fast zombies.

I totally agree and this is why I've shouted about a stamina system that goes as far as A.C.E. mod's.

• Like 1

dont like the look of the current dayz sa. same as many others. wont be buying it. good chatting to everyone on the forums.

hmm..somehow i really dislike the idea of underground instances.

they are completely unimmersive and unauthentic...don't know why they don't use some predefined areas and buildings to upgrade them step by step. cooler, more immersive, and no lag issue as you could regulate the amount of such areas.

Exactly ...but no predefined areas really needed.As Rocket stated it will be possible to clear entire regions and Zombies will not respwan as long there is player presence in this area/region/zone (whatever). So what else do we need...a mechanic to barricade buildings...a bit of stuff like barricades, traps, tents...maybe a few goodie like power generators ..that's it...let us write the stories...

Instances could be used for creating new areas to explore like caves, mines etc.....

cheers

dont like the look of the current dayz sa. same as many others. wont be buying it. good chatting to everyone on the forums.

you are aware this is pre alpha footage correct? Or are you just trolling?

100% Looking forward to testing the Alpha and putting across my feedback as I'm sure everyone else is.

I was hoping crafting was perhaps going to be abit more in-depth and shown a lot more as that's what I'm specifically interested in, but I'm sure it'll be expanded on in the future, as for an Alpha.. this is more than impressive

Based on the Reddit interview with Rocket and his tweet that he will work hard on the standalone for the next two weeks. We can safely assume that we can get the alpha after two weeks from now or near that time. Can't wait! :)

you are aware this is pre alpha footage correct? Or are you just trolling?

Whats your problem if he doesn't want to buy it it's his choice he doesn't need to be attacked by some scrubs just for stating his opinion.

Am i the only one who thinks the old arma2 GUI looks nicer than the plain grey new GUI

I still think the Prison Architect trailer was perhaps one of the best ways to advertise an alpha release.

Their approach and that of Dean's is a far cry from those companies that rush out a game for the wrong reasons..

• Like 1

just noticed the string on the loaded crossbow is not pulled back.. That will be fixed one day right? I mean it's not a big deal but it does bother me a little

Based on the Reddit interview with Rocket and his tweet that he will work hard on the standalone for the next two weeks. We can safely assume that we can get the alpha after two weeks from now or near that time. Can't wait! :)

I'll see you back here at the end of June asking where the Alpha is.

I'll see you back here at the end of June asking where the Alpha is.

If you watched the Reddit interview, Rocket is really adamant on releasing the alpha so that we , the community, can give him criticism and suggestions. I wouldn't be bothered if they extend the alpha release there are a lot of great games still to play. :)

not sure if this has been linked yet

MMORPG.com interview with Rocket.

• Like 6