SmashT

E3 Expo - June 2013 - Interviews and Gameplay

From what I understand. Dean has become Valves bitch. or vice-versa. Or I'm completely wrong and deserve a lynching.

NOW i know what dean could take from his everst-experience:

so we get defecation, we get poisoning the water in canteens.....

From what I understand. Dean has become Valves bitch. or vice-versa. Or I'm completely wrong and deserve a lynching.

What the hell are u talking about?

Little correction. BOHEMIA has become Valve's bitch ;)

• Like 1

Well, if you're gonna be someone's bitch, I can't think of anyone better than Valve

• Like 2

Little correction. BOHEMIA has become Valve's bitch ;)

Ah, so I'm not the only person who has noticed their...relations. ArmA 3 a steam exclusive, and now DayZ standalone slated as being a Steam exclusive. DayZ using Valve Anti Cheat and Valve servers...well it looks like Bohemia has indeed become Valves bitch!

Ah, so I'm not the only person who has noticed their...relations. ArmA 3 a steam exclusive, and now DayZ standalone slated as being a Steam exclusive. DayZ using Valve Anti Cheat and Valve servers...well it looks like Bohemia has indeed become Valves bitch!

Well valve does have the best anti-cheat system. I think a lot of companies would become their bitch for that.

:( Have posts been deleted? I got beanz. I like to see the beanz.

Nope?

if you had a beans given notification but found none on your post then the chances are the bean giver had a change of heart

Can you give us a link for this Interview ?

Thanks

Go to the first page. There are tons of vids posted by SmashT. Look for the one with Reddit interview. :)

Beaned for lack of :beans:

• Like 1

Well, if you're gonna be someone's bitch, I can't think of anyone better than Valve

I don't like Valve. Actually, I have burning hate for Valve. Please don't brand me a heretic and burn me at the stake.

i like the idea of a central server controlling the volume of loot available so high-end weapons will be limited and truly valuable to loot from others :)

One question though:

Lets say someone loots a unique or rare item then gets hit by a bus, moves on to another game or rage quits and never plays again? How will "hybernating loot" be managed?

That uber-thermal scoped gun (or epic novel) could be collecting dust on a character that will never play again.

Edited by Bubbajones
  • Like 2

Bubbajones can I have your internet connection?

Bubbajones can I have your internet connection?

then how can i download the internet while i play dayz? :huh:

Valve Anti Cheat?

haha, it really not 100% Anti Cheat, but it really 100% Anti unofficial Language Pack. <_<

By the way, did they mention any kind of pre ordering the alpha (might sound a bit dumb) before?

There will be no preorders.

By the way, did they mention any kind of pre ordering the alpha (might sound a bit dumb) before?

Do you want pre-orders? :huh:

i like the idea of a central server controlling the volume of loot available so high-end weapons will be limited and truly valuable to loot from others :)

One question though:

Lets say someone loots a unique or rare item then gets hit by a bus, moves on to another game or rage quits and never plays again? How will "hybernating loot" be managed?

That uber-thermal scoped gun (or epic novel) could be collecting dust on a character that will never play again.

Wonderful question. Maybe after two weeks or so that loot could be added back into the system so another could spawn somewhere else. If the player who had the rare item comes back after two weeks, there will be slight inflation but the server could balance it back overtime by lowering the allowed spawns.

I wonder how many servers will be up on release?

What would be the best item you could have? NVGs, vaccines, thermal snipers, machine guns, and body armor would probably be the best gear IMO. Personally I think it would be sweet if out of 500 servers only 10 thermal snipers existed. Out of 5000 or so players, only 10 or less people could dominate the apocalypse. Maybe 250 of the 5000 players would own NVGs. Imagine how cool it would be to be part of the elite with this gear.

I am rambling though :lol: :rolleyes:

One question though:

with the new objects they can attach whatever properties the want to the items. So i guess they could check if an item has an owner and how long it has been with him/her. i guess they also can track last logins, if dead or not etc..

Nope?

Multiple bean notification (prior to the ones you just gave(thanks btw)) but when opening it says "Sorry, we couldn't find that". I cant seem to find the posts even if I look through manually. Doesn't really matter but I can't quite remember what I said to deserve beanz and we all love getting the little red number at the top meaning "YOU HAVE BEEAANZ"

All hail the Bean.

Hail!

• Like 1

- nothing to see here -

Edited by joe_mcentire

keeping an eye out for

, he says he THINKS he got dayZ covered....
  • Like 3