mattlightfoot

DayZ Double Developer Blog 14th May 2013

Rocket posted picture on Twitter:

Katmandu via Heicopter

We should also expect new devblogs.

BTW the game will be released in alpha version, Ninjamark explained very good what that means.

voddler we all hate the wait, however you know the saying: Good things happen to those who wait!

Edited by Va3V1ctis

Lol, what's WarZ? (enter sarcasm here ______.)

Nah, but seriously... Is that game still active at this moment? I would rather wait another whole year to play DayZ than play WarZ for 5 minutes. Christmas sales or not, take my money BI/Rocket Team! :D

Edited by twinturbonet

If I cry and complain louder than everyone. DayZ will be released faster.

i think this is the main issue with the development of the game, the fact that info/progress has been slack in his absence means either they didn't bother while the head of the project wasn't there, or that they couldn't progress due to rocket having total creative control. Either one is rather worrying considering as soon as he gets back suddenly we will have a downpour of progress and info soon?

I understand this is rocket's baby, but at the same time a project of this scale cant be solely down to the decision making of one person. I love rockets ideas, and i respect him as a developer and person in general, but he really needs to let some things go. It seems that him wanting to be personally responsible is, although admirable, having a hindering effect on production. Well thats what it seems from the outside

i think this is the main issue with the development of the game, the fact that info/progress has been slack in his absence...

Let me just stop reading right there. Who says progress has been slack? You? Could you please inform everyone as to where DayZ development stands? And the updates have been fairly regular, even if not weekly. I don't recall them being weekly when Rocket was around. More like every two weeks... which is similar to now. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know something about development until you clarify what you mean by that post.

snapback.pngYZ250, on 21 May 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Because its all down Hiill do you run back or at least Jog, I reckon I could get down in a matter of hours ;)

Still get a kick out of this comment whenever I think about it. Well played. I should sig it, really.

Ha Ha thanks mate, your Welcome to use it

Edited by YZ250

I know a guy who's friend of the uncle of the cousin of the janitor that cleans Bohemia's bathrooms and it said to me: "it'll be done when it's done"; sounds pretty legit for me to say.

• Like 2

Dear whining 10-18 years olds: Don't assume anything

To assume = to make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'

I know a guy who's friend of the uncle of the cousin of the janitor that cleans Bohemia's bathrooms and it said to me: "it'll be done when it's done"; sounds pretty legit for me to say.

It seems we may be related :rolleyes:

Taking too long, my friends have lost interest in Dayz and moved on now. The Standalone needed to be released a long time ago and just patch it as new things come like when Dayz was released. Patches are the fun part, constant change keeps you playing, no one I know plays Dayz anymore cause nothing of any worth has been added since last year.

Taking too long, my friends have lost interest in Dayz and moved on now. The Standalone needed to be released a long time ago and just patch it as new things come like when Dayz was released. Patches are the fun part, constant change keeps you playing, no one I know plays Dayz anymore cause nothing of any worth has been added since last year.

They are polishing the game to be ready for release.

You wouldn't pay for an unplayable game with many bugs and hackers would you?

So when the Standalone is released you wont be playing it then? Give my regards to Rhino.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 7

Lol, what's WarZ? (enter sarcasm here ______.)

Nah, but seriously... Is that game still active at this moment? I would rather wait another whole year to play DayZ than play WarZ for 5 minutes. Christmas sales or not, take my money BI/Rocket Team! :D

The game had double the number of viewers on Twitch than DaZ last night, so yes it's still very much active.

• Like 1

They are polishing the game to be ready for release.

You wouldn't pay for an unplayable game with many bugs and hackers would you?

Yeh I bought ARMA 2 for Dayz, just like every other person I know, no one cared for ARMA 2 before Dayz.

Edited by Miffy

Yeh I bought ARMA 2 for Dayz, just like every other person I know, no one cared for ARMA 2 before Dayz.

You should've never said that... Seriously.
  • Like 2

1306209889817-1.jpg

• Like 8

:facepalm:

The game had double the number of viewers on Twitch than DaZ last night, so yes it's still very much active.

I kinda enjoyed watching other people play WarZ and laughing at how crappy it is in all possible (and impossible) ways. I wouldn't still play it myself, let alone pay for it. :D

On the other hand I really enjoy playing DayZ, but I don't usually watch any DayZ-related video footage.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't mention you were talking about DaZ, not DayZ. My mistake, go ahead!

Edited by deetaili
  • Like 1