mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer blog 26th April, Video from PAX and our latest "building"

Oh sh*t, can someone summarize it? I can't understand Rocket's accent.

Oh sh*t, can someone summarize it? I can't understand Rocket's accent.

PAX stuff, mostly regurgitated from earlier blog. Good luck making it through it, the camera work is terrible and its mostly unedited interview stuff with horrible audio. By horrible I mean, you can always hear at least three people talking in the back ground.
  • Like 2

^^It totally ruined my life too.

• Like 5

eu73gvx.jpgvXM5UDR.jpghQDjuXY.jpg4rI53ik.jpg

O my god!| Is the svadosk from stalker call of pripjat! D:

XD

• Like 1

^^It totally ruined my life too.

I didn't say it ruined my life. I just said what it is. If that video is seriously your idea of entertainment, you need a new hobby.
  • Like 1

Dr Gonzo you love flame wars dont you?

Please dont start.

Dr Gonzo you love flame wars dont you?

Please dont start.

I think you mean Dallas. That guy knocks every damn comment I make on these forums. I responded to the question with MY OPINION which, last I heard, I'm still entitled to and he comes back with his normal trite bullshit and bashes me because I don't praise everything that they put before us.

I think you mean Dallas. That guy knocks every damn comment I make on these forums. I responded to the question with MY OPINION which, last I heard, I'm still entitled to and he comes back with his normal trite bullshit and bashes me because I don't praise everything that they put before us.

No I dont mean Dallas. I mean you. I'm not knocking you for your opinion, I'm knocking you for your pricklyness. You say what you say, fine by me, but as soon as someone reacts (with an opposite OPINION) you get all defensive, and start spouting insults.

Thats how I see it anyway.

Also tell me what you would have the devs do that would coincide with your expectations. Im seriously curious.

Edit: Starting already from page 3. Cool

Edited by Zarniwoop

PAX stuff, mostly regurgitated from earlier blog. Good luck making it through it, the camera work is terrible and its mostly unedited interview stuff with horrible audio. By horrible I mean, you can always hear at least three people talking in the back ground.

Hey comon mate Matt ( Bilbo Baggins) stayed up until 4 am to do.......................................fckd if I know

No I dont mean Dallas. I mean you. I'm not knocking you for your opinion, I'm knocking you for your pricklyness. You say what you say, fine by me, but as soon as someone reacts (with an opposite OPINION) you get all defensive, and start spouting insults.

Thats how I see it anyway.

Also tell me what you would have the devs do that would coincide with your expectations. Im seriously curious.

Noted and I apologize for coming off like that. But, he didn't react with an opposite opinion, he ridiculed me by saying "it ruined my life too". If he would have said "well I thought it was awesome" I wouldn't have even responded. I haven't systematically gone through here and dogged everyone who enjoyed it. I'm happy they did, but by mocking me by saying "it ruined my life" pissed me off.

In all honesty, I think the whole idea of the devblogs should be reconsidered. I feel like most of them have been forced and probably add an unneeded stress to the DayZSA project. I guess I'm continually disappointed because they originally said they would come out weekly. They rarely do, so that leads me to think "oh wow, I bet it's gonna be really cool because it's taking longer" but in reality, no one on the team has the time or energy to put into it. I work for a decent size e-commerce company and I know a forced project when I see one.

In other words, I don't need a devblog. I would honestly be happy just waiting for the game. What is said at my company is this... "Always under promise and over deliver." It is a tried and true customer service philosophy. When you set peoples expectations higher than what you can deliver you're gonna have problems. I know they want us all to think that it's right around the corner and SO much work is being done lest we all forget about DayZ SA, but that's not what would happen. The mod is amazing, I trust them to create a wonderful project and I know that it takes time... a lot of time. People would move on temporarily and then be STOKED when the game comes out polished. These forced efforts make me feel like they are insecure with their work or worse inept.

So as far as what would coincide with my expectations, I'm not sure how to answer that. I feel like the DayZ SA team sets my expectations. They said there would be weekly devblogs showing the progress of the game. I don't even know what to say about the release date at this point blah blah blah. Just quit saying when it's "going to be reviewed". Say 2013 and be done with it, or 2014 for that matter. Anyway, a bit of a ramble but the gist is this... ALWAYS under promise and over deliver ALWAYS, especially in a customer service / marketing situation.

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 1

I'd like to see the ship placed halfway up the map (off the coast) or even further north and just far enough out to make it a dangerous swim or requiring a boat.

• Like 2

Just call me Black Beard Nasty, im coming for dat booty. harharhar.

• Like 7

I'd like to see the ship placed halfway up the map (off the coast) or even further north and just far enough out to make it a dangerous swim or requiring a boat.

LOVE to see the Ship shoved up Fraggles Arse as a reward for being an engaging Forum Moderator

• Like 2

Make the ship repairable! (500 scrap metal, 100 engine parts etc) then sail that fu@ker into Cherno docks like a Boss!

• Like 5

Very nice. Will be shadows/hdr light system inside "buildings"?

• Like 3

The panel video was already posted almost a month ago, no new information. So how is this a devblog? :S

• Like 4

LOVE to see the Ship shoved up Fraggles Arse as a reward for being an engaging Forum Moderator

Hmm, I detect sarcasm, sadly not the part about the ship.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 5

The panel video was already posted almost a month ago, no new information. So how is this a devblog? :S

Use your imagination. Im already strategizing how im going to take over the ship and pretend im a sailor.

YO HO YO HO A PIRATES LIFE FOR MEEEEEEEEEEE

• Like 2

-snip-

You have me here. I would also be happy to wait with no devblogs (once every 2 months would be cool for me) but it seems many people depend on them so as to keep believing that the project is being worked on and the devs are not just promising thin air. Thats all it is anyway "trust" just as you say. I trust them but the majority of people waiting for the SA don't.

The devs are trying, as you say, to make people not lose interest. Many of us on these fora wouldn't mind there being no devblogs because we have a better "closeness" with people involved in develpment etc. But most of the others that get their information second hand from not always reputable courses (*cough cough* at that kerfuffle with Kickstarter marketing thing and the "multiple" release dates that where "missed") so cannot be expected to keep an interest on a game that for all they know has been dead for a few months.

Also I could agree more with you on the "Always under promise and over deliver." mentality. Thats always the best way to please consumers.

Edit: Why is everyone wingeing on the lack of info? You got something which is clearly (for you, not you Gonzo. I mean Septimus etc.) better than nothing yet you still cry.

I say no devblogs 'till release!

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 6

Make the ship repairable! (500 scrap metal, 100 engine parts etc) then sail that fu@ker into Cherno docks like a Boss!

so agree you would be a BOSS best comment so far . . . . . .

I honestly kind of have to agree with you, Gonzo. Although I don't know that much about Dallas, but I do seem to see a lot of instigation from him for no particular reason (no offense). Either way, both of you are entitled to your opinions, we all know that. So just express them how you want without starting a WWIII.

• Like 1

Well, lets put that dispute to bed for the sake of mankind. One sarcastic comment was responded to with another sarcastic comment, it's the internet, no need for fisticuffs.

I like big boats and I cannot lie.

• Like 4