griffinz

DayZ Devblog 4th February 2013

Honestly was very boring, but I'm happy to see a video of progress rather than letters :) keep up the good work lads, fire emblem awakening is still not out yet... the good ones always miss the deadline :))

yeah, it d

epends on the woods. where I live now in Louisiana, you pretty much need a machete to get 'off the path'. where I'm from originally in Massachusetts it isn't nearly as bad

I imagine in-game you run into issues with how many trees, bushes, etc you have on screen. they should at least make it so walking through a bush greatly slows you down, and/or injurs you

Honestly your concerned about freaking running through a bush and slowing down?? Have you even played day z? Priority check plz

this is way better than that time i killed a homeless guy and fried his ears with some fava beans and garlic!!!

rocket please!!

edit: cant get enough xD

Edited by siew

Honestly your concerned about freaking running through a bush and slowing down?? Have you even played day z? Priority check plz

what? we're just throwing ideas around

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but yeah, I've played DayZ

it looked cool, but I was wondering why anyone would go there. no loot, no cover... just looks like a good place to die

but yeah, hopefully there's other swamps

there are buildings in the trees. maybe sommat special, and I thought i saw a crashed chopper near the crashed cars, Plenty to look for, I hope i can crouch under the walkways

• Like 1

I think you are vastly underestimating the amount of work required to implement the "weapons as entities" system (demonstrated through the clothing) and what that actually means. It is hard to describe in simple words what this means, but those with technical knowledge who have read the devblogs understand how huge this is.

To be clear, no previous Bohemia product has this and it's been something of a "holy grail" for the company for some time.

Oh yes, Sir!! ;)

- Matt, wanna put some pants on ?-

- BUT I DON'T WANT TO :o

• Like 2

Love it! Utes I feel will drag even MORE people south though...

I'm becoming worried about map flow and there being too much high-value loot everywhere. With the addition of more airfields, military camps, and barracks, I just think military stuff will be much easier to find, which is already incredibly easy as it is right now in vanilla DayZ

• Like 4

Love it! Utes I feel will drag even MORE people south though...

I'm becoming worried about map flow and there being too much high-value loot everywhere. With the addition of more airfields, military camps, and barracks, I just think military stuff will be much easier to find, which is already incredibly easy as it is right now in vanilla DayZ

yeah, the thing I like about Chernarus is there's only 2 barracks, and they're far from where people spawn. but I think it's safe to say the loot mechanics will be very different, so I'll wait to see how it plays out

it looked cool, but I was wondering why anyone would go there. no loot, no cover... just looks like a good place to die

but yeah, hopefully there's other swamps

It's all about the water.. With the new water mechanics that have been touted we need more water sources and what better than stagnant swaps that have to be boiled?

As DayZ improves just in front of my eyes I am always,always wondering...what requirements will this game have?I don't know if it's just me but I'm pretty sure I've saw 1 or 2 framerate drops in the vid and damn..I'm scared :( ..

Seeing quite a few books scattered throughout the vid. I wonder if they are just window dressing or if they will be individual items. Is that how we will be getting infodumps on the infection and resulting aftermath? Will I walk into a building, see a book and find the journal of a newly dead survivor? I know the ability to write journals/notes/etc have been talked about, and will probably be put in game farther down the production road but just wonder if we saw a peek at how that will be implemented.

EDIT... spelling errors

Edited by Phooey

Awesome stuff. But I thought a bit about the island Utes being so close to Elektro, wouldnt it be better if it was more to the west, say between Kamenka and Komarovo? Right now those areas arent really well populated by players.

Predicting sniper raping from Utes into Elektro, not a nice prediction!

Just my 2 cents. :-)

Looking at that "swamp" (more of a tidal flat) I just had an epiphany, and didn't find that anyone has mentioned it yet.

Tides and water tables.

Imagine if that swamp was submerged every 6 hours. When the tides recede, players rush out to see what items (crabs, trash, bodies) have washed up.

Imagine if heavy rains raised the water table so that ponds lakes and rivers (we can only hope they add at least one river) could potentially spill over thier banks.

This would be flipping amazing.

• Like 6

I find the placement of the swamp a bit weird, usually they're found along rivers or next to lakes, not behind a sandy beach

As DayZ improves just in front of my eyes I am always,always wondering...what requirements will this game have?I don't know if it's just me but I'm pretty sure I've saw 1 or 2 framerate drops in the vid and damn..I'm scared  ..

The video is of a pre-alpha build lol.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

Awesome stuff. But I thought a bit about the island Utes being so close to Elektro, wouldnt it be better if it was more to the west, say between Kamenka and Komarovo? Right now those areas arent really well populated by players.

Predicting sniper raping from Utes into Elektro, not a nice prediction!

Just my 2 cents. :-)

if someone gets a sniper kill from utes to elecktro, they deserve that kill

• Like 2

please allow me just one more time to welcome you to a neat brainstorming opportunity regarding upcoming swamps in DayZ. We have crimean sparkling wine and a gemütliche atmosphere there.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/121905-help-enriching-the-swamp-experience/#entry1162940

I find the placement of the swamp a bit weird, usually they're found along rivers or next to lakes, not behind a sandy beach

I agree you can find swamps where you say they are, but, wetlands are quite common in many places, following the beach/sand dunes along a shore.

hey, the moore you know... :)

• Like 1

Wait a minute... do we see beanz in standalone? :o

Edited by St. Jimmy