rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

I go away for 12 hours and this happens!!

Go away more often... I want more updates

• Like 1

Ya know... I am a WarZ player. I have been for quiet some time. It was the first game I played in this genre (They lied they weren't the "first") I was afraid to pick up DayZ(mod) for the horror stories and gameplay I had watched. (still am kinda) Back on topic though, WarZ is good until you look at two points 1. The Devs seem to not understand how to properly implement and code a patch to work the first time. As well as seem to have their heads so far up their asses that they do not realize that their community is trying to be patient and helpful. 2. Hackers! WarZ has to be the most hacked game on the internet. It is almost unplayable and the Devs refuse to implement a quality or even a single invasive anti-hack program.

DayZ is getting updates and actively banning hackers. The updates are steady and they seem to work pretty well the first time without a ridiculous amount of instant shutdowns and hot fixes. DayZ needs to come out as a standalone title soon. DayZ will have at least 5 members myself included with my Team/clan/friends. Please save us from the catastrophe that is WarZ. We cannot wait to get hold of a group Admins and Devs that actively listen to their community.

Thankful/Future DayZ Gamer

Sir Clint

P.S. Seriously they banned me from the forums for a post about where they should refocus (hacking instead of adding freakin snackcakes)...SMH -_-

DID I JUST SEE A FEMALE ZOMBIE?!?!?!?! YEEESSSS!!! finally!!

pumped for the Stand-Alone!

Because of a female zombie? I think you've got the wrong idea about this game lol

Yea my stream wont be anywhere near as good as the other streamers, but variety is good...and maybe some of you prefer Kiwi accents ;)

us kiwi's know how to get things done, i'll be watching

-Master

DayZ will have at least 5 members myself included with my Team/clan/friends. Please save us from the catastrophe that is WarZ. We cannot wait to get hold of a group Admins and Devs that actively listen to their community.

Thanks for your interest in DayZ, if you read around the forums you will see that DayZ is at cult status in the gaming industry, much like counterstrike when it was first released.

There will be no shortage of gamers for DayZ. I got myself a DayZ tee shirt and went to the local supermarket (australia) , I got cheered by no less than 4 groups of people. So there are people out there interested.

As far as the WarZ goes, if you had played any other open world survival game before WarZ you wouldn't continue to play it. I also have an account but cannot stomach the game at all. It is a very poorly designed game of any type. That's all I am saying on that for fear of going on and on.

I think you will be very surprised with the high quality of DayZ, even the mod is a tremendous piece of work. (If is wasn't for the hacking on the MOD i would still be playing it.)

Dean is clearly listening to the right people at BI and developing this using a proper end to end production life cycle model. This will ensure the expectations of the community are fulfilled.

I have no doubt that DayZ will become one of those Epic games that stick around for years to come.

As always (hats off the the development team)

WarZ is good until you look at two points 1. The Devs seem to not understand how to properly implement and code a patch to work the first time. As well as seem to have their heads so far up their asses that they do not realize that their community is trying to be patient and helpful. 2. Hackers! WarZ has to be the most hacked game on the internet. It is almost unplayable and the Devs refuse to implement a quality or even a single invasive anti-hack program.

So what you're saying is WarZ is good until you realize that WarZ is bad? Funny how that works.

• Like 2

Hello guys

Question: Will we be able to create multiple characters? I really hope not... I think it should be like in the mod.

Hello guys

Question: Will we be able to create multiple characters? I really hope not... I think it should be like in the mod.

its not really creating characters i think, its more pick a sex, and face, and then find clothes

• Like 1

WarZ is good until you look at two points 1. The Devs seem to not understand how to properly implement and code a patch to work the first time. As well as seem to have their heads so far up their asses that they do not realize that their community is trying to be patient and helpful. 2. Hackers! WarZ has to be the most hacked game on the internet. It is almost unplayable and the Devs refuse to implement a quality or even a single invasive anti-hack program.

Had a whole rant written out, but I feel it would've taken this thread way off topic, but WarZ is not good. There isn't just two things wrong with the game, most every feature is either bugged, broken, poorly designed, or missing entirely. WarZ is good, if you know nothing about what WarZ is lol

All this beautiful eye candy and im sat here marvelling at the pair of worn out hiking boots lol ! What is wrong with me ;p

Go away more often... I want more updates

stop...does this mean if he would go for good the SA would be on Steam next week....

sorry.friend..we all like you..but it's time to go.... :D

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 3

I so hope those faces mean we can make a custom face, I'm getting sick of brawehart...

awgh, sooooon I'll be a tattooed bravehart

damn rocket teaser, next post better be the release post

You know you can edit your face in the mod...

"We are exploring spawning all zombies and loot at the start of server initialization, again a huge departure from the previous mechanism. This solves many design and technical issues with the spawning and respawning of equipment, such as being able to metagame by telling whether players are in a village by seeing zombie’s have spawned."

This was discussed many times...and people always said that "spawning" zombies at the start of server will create lag..Well?

pretty excited about writing notes, letters and books ( maps??) ingame (one of my big hopes), finding background lore about the virus, having radios and maybe even a whisper chat...this will be sooooooo immersive...hopefully this will prevent a lot of people from using skype or teamspeak ....

Good choice on changing how the servers work. I'm just wondering though, MMOs can still be vulnerable to teleport/speed hacks in particular, this will definitely be prevented in some other way right?

Also will bandwidth requirements be increasing for servers?

Looking amazing so far!

Good choice on changing how the servers work. I'm just wondering though, MMOs can still be vulnerable to teleport/speed hacks in particular, this will definitely be prevented in some other way right?

Also will bandwidth requirements be increasing for servers?

Looking amazing so far!

Yes. Read the full devblog (including past ones) for more info.

Dont know if someone posted this before but rocket was on a livestream yesterday and talked on skype with a nice girl about the SA.

Great job and thx to shannon and rocket for this amazing interview.

Nearly TWO hours of Q&A (and a lil bit offtopic :))

• Like 1

It's a tough call TBH. I'll go for the accent. Or just start my own cockney stream. I'm thinking northern hemisphere mods Vs southern on a US server, after testing of course.

Looking forward to it megustaface.png

looking good. the game does need some graphical improvements, looking forward for the new zombie spawn system, clothing and inventory. not having hackers will be a relief (been playing everyday on dif servers, and every single day a wild hacker appears)

would like vaulting/jumping over fences like in the smk mod, but would like 1 thing in particular a lot more:

guns to go back to the damage they used to have, with a 45 pistol not requiring a buttload of shots to kill someone, when in reality would just take 1 to the chest for someone to fall to the ground. isnt cool to give that 1 hit advantage solely for high precision snipers.

edit.: one more thing accually, i believe certain graphics settings should be stuck and not changeable, so all players see the same thing and are held to the same tactics. like on lower settings you pretty much can see ppl that try to hide on the grass rendering that tactic useless, and you can easily spot players far up the hills, whilst with high settings you cannot, especially if theyre using ghillie.

Edited by white
  • Like 4

guns to go back to the damage they used to have, with a 45 pistol not requiring a buttload of shots to kill someone, when in reality would just take 1 to the chest for someone to fall to the ground. isnt cool to give that 1 hit advantage solely for high precision snipers.

So long as you're talking real realism and not fake realism so that you would have to shoot several hundred rounds of ammo from that same gun in the same life in order to be able to hit that target from any range other than point blank. You die, and you get to train with that sniper for another hundred hours in game to hit anything far enough away to qualify as a precision sniper. I'm all for this realism you're talking about. Go to a gun range some time and watch a noob try to shoot a .45 at a target twenty feet away. Their bullet spread is measured in yards.

Beans for Dean. :D

:beans:

With the ammount of beanz rocket has I'll wager NewZealand and the Czech has placed a ban on imports due reclassifying them as an invasive species.

• Like 5