rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

My thought exactly, what does he think we do feed and cloth ourself then maybe arm ourself to go hunting for each other? >.<

Right now I can see the doors happening but not the windows, as Rocket explain in the interview with Shannon the windows are not seperate objects at the moment so not even players can climb through them, although this would be pretty cool ;P It'd stop people camping door ways for sure. So maybe we'll see zombies smash through the doors sooner than windows

True, the window thing is not possible for now, it would require to make every window "openable" (is it even a word??). placing triggers at each window and making sure the height to access each one is the same. Or use some sort of contextual anims depending on the height of each window.

Well anyway it would require a massive amount of work, but escaping a house full of zeds by jumping out a window would be such a thrill :)

People are scared of media response shows just how much propaganda media can achieve and how much it controls people. It's ridiculous and there needs to be a fight back against bullshit media (99% of all the media). It sounds like we are living in a dark age and not in the 21st century. The best thing to just not give a fuck about media.

• Like 1

True, the window thing is not possible for now, it would require to make every window "openable" (is it even a word??). placing triggers at each window and making sure the height to access each one is the same. Or use some sort of contextual anims depending on the height of each window.

Well anyway it would require a massive amount of work, but escaping a house full of zeds by jumping out a window would be such a thrill :)

I'm not sure if it would require rebuilding the buildings though that's the only problem, maybe if they don't they could add this in, but if they do have to rebuild the buiildings because they are designed as 1 solid structure then I guess another wait is needed :(

People are scared of media response shows just how much propaganda media can achieve and how much it controls people. It's ridiculous and there needs to be a fight back against bullshit media (99% of all the media). It sounds like we are living in a dark age and not in the 21st century. The best thing to just not give a fuck about media.

It's easy to say that though when we have nothing to loose, but from the teams point of view if all the media turn on them, they wont sell nothing the reviews will be all mixed and it's just not what they want.

**Throws money at screen**

Yea, I'm still throwing my money! It falls, I pick it up, and repeat.

Try putting it in the CD Drive it might accept it then? :o!
  • Like 2

This is my point, people read to much into these things, games shouldn't be cancelled or slated for having these sort of things in after all it's a game, parents don't complain when they watch a film where a kid gets beaten up or anything so why should games be different?

well, see, games are different than movies. I think the reason parents complain is because in games the player has the ability to control his actions, which, according to the parents, "can lead to bad attitude and behaviour". Though, my opinion on that matter is that if some kid did something bad cuz of a game, then first of all, it is the parent's fault. It means that those parents didn't teach their stupid kid that reality is not a game.

When I was a kid playing those "violent" games back in the 2000's, my parents never complained. They knew I played them, but they also knew that I have the brains to understand what's a game and what's reality. Well, I guess the good news is that that scumbag parent generation is getting old. In a few years, almost every parent will be a parent who played computer games :P and hopefully, we will hear no more of that bullshit again :D

Edited by osallivan

Yeah there is more interaction in a game compared to movies, but the game in itself is telling the story and they have people who write a script etc just like a film, the only difference is the interaction but it's really not games that make people violent, it's their upbringing and a million other reasons, you can't blame a game for people doing bad things. If that was the case then where is the praise for games like Flight Simulator or Grand Tourismo that are classed as simulators and teach people things, granted GT isn't exactly life like, but you don't hear parents saying "My son played GT for hours and now he's a F1 Racing driver thanks to the game" It can't just have a negative effect, there is always a positive too. Parents are just looking for a scapegoat more than anything. I remember playing GTA 1 with my neighbour when I wasn't even 10 I asked my mum to buy it for me and she did, although she was skeptical at first we played it and I showed her that it's not as bad as they say, she didn't mind at all my 9 year old sister likes just driving around on GTA:SA we turn the volume down for the swearing but she can go beat people up or drive around, she prefers to drive a coach around and pick people up though. It's all stupid propaganda to spook people it's all fake and shit.

I remember playing Woflenstein 3D when i was 3 with my dad (I sat on his lap and pressed the spacebar while he did all the work). Maybe it was the father-son bonding that kept me from growing into a sociopathic murderer, but I think the scare is just a matter of older people who are just scared of how the world is changing.

You have to remember that 50 years back we just dreamed of dropping nukes on ruskies all day every day, which I'm pretty sure were considered to be less than real people by the average American in those times. All you have to do is watch Atomic Cafe, and you'll see that nuclear violence overseas was considered to be the work of God. Now they're growing wrinkles in an America that's got conflict right in the homeland and they can't hide from it in their bomb shelters.

I'm curious on how the AI and the pathing for the zombies has changed. Do they megarush you in a zigzag motion just as they do in the mod? Can they hit you 10 feet away and walk through walls still?

Honestly i'm not that all concerned with graphics, but more of gameplay. I usually never browse the forums, but i'm just voicing my concern for the gameplay portion of the standalone, and not the graphics or customization.

I'm most likely beating a dead horse, and they have already been on top of gameplay issues since the very beginning. I just look forward to a REAL DayZ experience without zigzagging invincible megreach zombies, and hackers spawning everyone in a truck, then opening fire. Can't wait!

I remember playing Woflenstein 3D when i was 3 with my dad (I sat on his lap and pressed the spacebar while he did all the work). Maybe it was the father-son bonding that kept me from growing into a sociopathic murderer, but I think the scare is just a matter of older people who are just scared of how the world is changing.

You have to remember that 50 years back we just dreamed of dropping nukes on ruskies all day every day, which I'm pretty sure were considered to be less than real people by the average American in those times. All you have to do is watch Atomic Cafe, and you'll see that nuclear violence overseas was considered to be the work of God. Now they're growing wrinkles in an America that's got conflict right in the homeland and they can't hide from it in their bomb shelters.

Haha! I'm gonna be a mass murderer then, I never did any father-son bonding! PLEASE SAVE ME! =[ People say that society is getting worse and worse you say 50 years ago during the cold war but go back even further maybe 200 odd years ago, you was trained to kill from the age of like 5 and war was just another day. So how are we getting worse? If you ask me we are getting better :)

I'm curious on how the AI and the pathing for the zombies has changed. Do they megarush you in a zigzag motion just as they do in the mod? Can they hit you 10 feet away and walk through walls still?

Honestly i'm not that all concerned with graphics, but more of gameplay. I usually never browse the forums, but i'm just voicing my concern for the gameplay portion of the standalone, and not the graphics or customization.

I'm most likely beating a dead horse, and they have already been on top of gameplay issues since the very beginning. I just look forward to a REAL DayZ experience without zigzagging invincible megreach zombies, and hackers spawning everyone in a truck, then opening fire. Can't wait!

Well Mitcholas they've scrapped and redone the path finding and the animations for the zombies from scratch. So I really doubt there is going to be any major problems with being able to hit you from a mile away and the same as you are not going to be able to hide in a bush and not get hit anymore I'm pretty sure that's all been/being fixed as we speak. I didn't want to browse the forums either until Jack and Frankie stopped making DayZ videos and I had to get my fix from somewhere else xD I really wouldn't worry though the team are not going to disappoint anyone this game is gonna be the game of the centurary in my opinion.

People still have CD drives on their rigs? <_<

Well we all knew what I meant DVD Drives Blu-ray whatever :P But yeah some people still have CD drives in their rigs because they are running their back up PC so I can't play anything >.<

We'll see...

Then I'll get to say "I told you so" when you start complaining about PvP three months in. :)

I think the concern was your point that once clothed and fed people start hunting each other as in real life - for entertainment.

What kind of life do you lead where once you are sheltered and fed you think "OK then, guess i'll go out now and shoot the neighbours!"

I think the concern was your point that once clothed and fed people start hunting each other as in real life - for entertainment.

What kind of life do you lead where once you are sheltered and fed you think "OK then, guess i'll go out now and shoot the neighbours!"

One of a cannibal wardlord of Liberia. B)

:thumbsup: :beans:

Ya know... I am a WarZ player. I have been for quiet some time. It was the first game I played in this genre (They lied they weren't the "first") I was afraid to pick up DayZ(mod) for the horror stories and gameplay I had watched. (still am kinda) Back on topic though, WarZ is good until you look at two points 1. The Devs seem to not understand how to properly implement and code a patch to work the first time. As well as seem to have their heads so far up their asses that they do not realize that their community is trying to be patient and helpful. 2. Hackers! WarZ has to be the most hacked game on the internet. It is almost unplayable and the Devs refuse to implement a quality or even a single invasive anti-hack program.

DayZ is getting updates and actively banning hackers. The updates are steady and they seem to work pretty well the first time without a ridiculous amount of instant shutdowns and hot fixes. DayZ needs to come out as a standalone title soon. DayZ will have at least 5 members myself included with my Team/clan/friends. Please save us from the catastrophe that is WarZ. We cannot wait to get hold of a group Admins and Devs that actively listen to their community.

Thankful/Future DayZ Gamer

Sir Clint

P.S. Seriously they banned me from the forums for a post about where they should refocus (hacking instead of adding freakin snackcakes)...SMH -_-

They band my friend for no reason, then unbanned him and the banned him again then he went on the forums to discuss his situation and got banned from there lol, bit of a joke, and for some reason warz has never been stable on my pc it crashes it every time I play.

Great Update! Look forward to the next one and maybe along with the release date...... 8-)

The game is looking awesome! I loved playing the mod but over time it just became too annoying knowing that so many people cheat. Even the cheaters that don't kill me and try to be nice by giving me guns and night vision goggles make the game not fun. Anywho, I'm really looking forward to the standalone, can't wait to visit some of the new locations and buildings.

For people who think this game will come out after he's trip to Everest

Rocket: Here is an example of how I see our monetary stream working, we make this basic game and release it in say a month or so, the people who are going to buy that are the people who are really interested in DayZ, they are following the streams, updates and then there will be 3-4, maybe 10 times as many people who think it looks kind of cool but are undecided. To get those next sales, we need to add more stuff to the game. So that's our focus, our revenue stream is generated by making the game progressively more awesome and because of that getting more people.

i understand he is only giving a rough example, but he would not say a number like that unless there is a good chance it could come out next month. i think that decision will be on the results of the alpha testing.

feb release i personally think, unless there is something really wrong with alpha.

Edited by Ovation

Yeah Ovation. I made rough estimations on the previous topic that if he releases in January or early February for closed test (streamers, mods, etc) and use a full month of tests and fixes, they would still release in late march, which goes according to Rocket's first estimation of "before April".

Now with that comment, I really believe that's what they are aiming for.

Edited by Reverie

Let's play: NAME THAT TOWN in the first screenshot!

Balota.

Edited by Mitunzz_
  • Like 1